Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanksgiving Game

I think more no-shows than anything. It's Thanksgiving I can't see many Pats fans skipping out on Thanksgiving to see a game that they know their team has. By then they will be 7-3 and the Jets 3-7. Why make the trip? I think we see 40,000 fans in the stands on Thanksgiving night and a huge embarassment for Woody Johnson. He asked the NFL for this game now he will have a 3-7 team and a half filled stadium.

WOW!!! You're probably right...what better time to get Tebow going?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's going to be filled with Jets fans.

See, after we lose in St. Louis to fall to 3-7 we'll be facing the humiliation of 40,000 no-shows and cascades of boo-birds on national TV on a holiday and no way Woody Johnson can tolerate that.

It'll be Tebow time. They'll announce him as a starter, it'll energize the fanbase, it'll be good for NFL ratings, and it'll fill those 40,000 seats with New York fans.

SAR I

Rookie
    I didn't say the Jets would win on Thanksgiving. I said it's usually a tough game for Pats.

I can't see many Pats fans making the trip. It's Thanksgiving for Christ sake. I usually drive down, but not this year. It was never even a consideration. Maybe there will be a lot of transplanted New Englanders who work in New York, but I don't think that very many will be driving. Sitting in the recliner with some left over turkey or a slice of pie, sounds a lot more comfortable and inviting.

im going to post my 4 with parking on stubhub for free and see if theres any takers.

All League
    My wife and I will be at the game as my SIL will be babysitting for us.

The Master Plan:
    1) Dinner at noon;
    2) Nap
    3) Some of Cowboys game
    4) Drive to Jets game
    5) Enjoy the game
    6) Sleep in on Friday

Win/Lose - life is good

Perfect opportunity for the fans to embarrass this disfunctional organization!
    We'll be 3-7
    Do yourself a favor for your family & the Jets, DON'T GO!
    Boycott this team it's the thing Woody knows!
    Empty seats & a massive Azz whooping by TB12 & Darth Vader will light up the airwaves, tv(around the horn), (pardon the interruption), sportscenter.
    Fans can play their part in initiating change.

Practice Squad
    SAR I[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by NEWNYJETS View Post
    OK, You win. I'll give you $30.00 for the tickets now. to be honest, I bought some tickets to the last game for 5.00 but you can be sure a real fan like you, will have their butt in the seats. You should be warned I drive a Chevy 2500 Silverado
    Buy mine!

Better to get 50% of face value in April than to get 10% in October.

SAR I
    It's going to be filled with Jets fans.

See, after we lose in St. Louis to fall to 3-7 we'll be facing the humiliation of 40,000 no-shows and cascades of boo-birds on national TV on a holiday and no way Woody Johnson can tolerate that.

It'll be Tebow time. They'll announce him as a starter, it'll energize the fanbase, it'll be good for NFL ratings, and it'll fill those 40,000 seats with New York fans.

SAR I
    Don't know if I quoted this correctly or in order however, still looking at going to the game and only going to lower my offer a little. How about $15.00 per ticket and $15.00 for the parking pass as long as we can deep fry a turkey there. if not I'll buy parking from anothe place