Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Jenkins just had the line of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I don't get the reference.

The band is reported to have continued doing their job in order to maintain some kind of sanity while the ship went down. While the world around them was crumbling, they did their job successfully. This is not Mark Sanchez. He's more of the guy in the engine room who continued to feed power to the engine that drove the Titanic into the iceberg.

So yeah, I don't really get the reference. It doesn't make any sense.
    well....Kris isn't exactly known for being smart.....he was a Football player once, I heard...

All Pro
    Jenkins should talk, he was a head case who got a boat load of $ and couldnt stay on the field. Why he's ever there rotating with Klecko...

Here's some more twitter gold from Kris Jenkins:

Looks like he deleted this tweet but this is what he sent to Fireman Ed earlier:

@krisjenkins77: @FiremanEd42 I had two ACLs carrying the intensity for this team DICK! YOU ARE A CHEERLEADER WITH A HAT!!!!

he also said this:

"@krisjenkins77: How many Super Bowl runs did the JETS have since Namath? Thats why Jets don't win too busy trying to please some BLOWHARDS. Sorry real FANS!"

he's been going off all night

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    "Watching Mark Sanchez play QB was like watching the band play while the Titanic sank"

That was funny.... You have to laugh, I mean after that mess of mushroom barley soup with borscht that we just watched, you have to laugh..
    Terrible metaphor, it makes no sense whatsoever. Mark does not = the band. Mark = The titanic. So watching Sanchez play QB would be like watching the Titanic sink, not the band play.

The metaphor would better suit the Pats, or any other team winning only because of the dominance of a player in the latter part of his career. As the Pats dynasty continues to eak out wins due to Brady's flawless play, I would say Pats fans are watching the band play (brady) as the titanic (Pat dominance) sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    "Watching Mark Sanchez play QB was like watching the band play while the Titanic sank"

That was funny.... You have to laugh, I mean after that mess of mushroom barley soup with borscht that we just watched, you have to laugh..
    that fatas* did nothin for the jets when was with them but get hurt every yr.. He needs to shutup.. Jenkins was too BIG to play football.

Don't insult Borscht or Mushroom Barley Soup like that.

This was more like overcooked liver and sweetbreads smothered in vomit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Yeah, his analogy was off, think what he was trying to say (and I agree with) is that the Jets are the Titanic, Sanchez is just part of the problem. The whole team sucks - terrible on offense, defense and special teams. And terrible coaching, yesterday's game is what we get after a bye week? ****ed up

I'm definitely in favor of drafting a new QB next year but I know the game well enough to know that a new QB isn't going to solve the Jets problems, they go well beyond Mark Sanchez.

It really doesnt make much sense.

The correct phrase is rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic....aka putting Tebow in for Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    that fatas* did nothin for the jets when was with them but get hurt every yr.. He needs to shutup.. Jenkins was too BIG to play football.
    Jenkins would've been better off battling Joey Chestnut and Kobayashi in a hot-dog eating contest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    I don't get it. I remember the band being calm and cool while everything around them was chaotic. Mark Sanchez is anything but.
    Sanchez would be the guy who'd fumble his violin.