Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Forget Tebow, it's McElroy time.

Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    McElroy makes the play Mark got picked on yesterday, and does it with tighter coverage!!!!!
    And there is zero chance McElroy doesnt hit hill in the corner of the endzone vs New England.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I've been a committed Sanchez supporter, but after today, I'm done. I can't believe he has to be on the roster next year...
    +1

But I feel for the guy.

I'm a big proponent of evaluating NFL prospects by what they do on the college football field against high caliber opponents. It's not 100% accurate, but it is better than basing it on combine performances. Both the SEC (Mcelroy and Tebow) and PAC 10 (Sanchez) are top conference, with the SEC being the best in the country top to bottom. Here is how the Jets 3 QB's did in their final college seasons.

Sanchez 241/366 65.8% 3207 34/10 8.8ypa 164.6
    Tebow 213/314 67.8% 2895 21/5 9.2ypa 164.2
    Mcelroy 222/313 70.9% 2987 20/5 10.1ypa 169.0

Even in college Sanchez was the most interception prone, and he was even less accurate than Tebow Big Mac (that's what I'm calling him now) had by far the highest completion percentage and ypa meaning he wasn't dinking and dunking the ball all the time.

Every opportunity Big Mac has had, he has performed. Whether at Alabama against the cream of college football, or even in the pre-season against NFL scrubs, the guy has answered the bell. It is time to figure out what the Jets have... a career back-up or a starting caliber NFL QB. Face it, the Jets right now are winning club if the QB completes 60% of his passes and stops turning the ball over so much. Mcelroy could be that guy, but we'll never know unless he is given an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I'm a big proponent of evaluating NFL prospects by what they do on the college football field against high caliber opponents. It's not 100% accurate, but it is better than basing it on combine performances. Both the SEC (Mcelroy and Tebow) and PAC 10 (Sanchez) are top conference, with the SEC being the best in the country top to bottom. Here is how the Jets 3 QB's did in their final college seasons.

Even in college Sanchez was the most interception prone, and he was even less accurate than Tebow Big Mac (that's what I'm calling him now) had by far the highest completion percentage and ypa meaning he wasn't dinking and dunking the ball all the time.

Every opportunity Big Mac has had, he has performed. Whether at Alabama against the cream of college football, or even in the pre-season against NFL scrubs, the guy has answered the bell. It is time to figure out what the Jets have... a career back-up or a starting caliber NFL QB. Face it, the Jets right now are winning club if the QB completes 60% of his passes and stops turning the ball over so much. Mcelroy could be that guy, but we'll never know unless he is given an opportunity.
    Excellent analysis. You sold me.

Quote Originally Posted by dickie_kak View Post
    +1

But I feel for the guy.
    What do you feel for the millionaire bachelor QB who sleeps with movie stars and models? His failures are on him. Either he lacks the ability, brains, and/or discipline to succeed in the NFL. Hey, that describes me too....? Do you think the Jets will pay me millions of dollars to mis-read defenses, fail to hit wide open receivers, and make costly turnovers with regularity?

Don't get me wrong, I like Mark Sanchez the guy. I just want Mark Sanchez the QB off my team.

Agreed. For those who say he can't throw the ball you may be right but we won't know until he gets a chance. And I'm pretty sure he sees Stephen Hill wide open in the back of the end zone instead of throwing way late to Keller for the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    A Sanchez start next week is a slap in the face to every person who supports this team.
    Agreed, but it's what we're being given. I don't care if it's McElroy or Tebow, but someone needs to be called up to replace Sanchez. However, I don't think it's going to happen until after New England. We'll likely be 3-8, out of the playoff picture and with five games to play, it's time to see what either McElroy or Tebow have.

All Pro
    I've always been the utmost supporter but Sanchez has been given chance after chance and he's obviously shot.

Tebow is not the answer and everyone knows he's just a situational player so it's time for Sanchez to hit the pine and see what the kid can do. He's got the size, a good arm and has shown he can move the offense.

A Sanchez start next week is a slap in the face to every person who supports this team.
    I agree. It is McIlroy time. At least see what you have as far as QB talent on this roster.

Oh wait.... none of them went to UMASS, Temple, Boise State or Hampton? WTF???

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Been saying this for a while. Guy was a winner and a real QB. He seems like the smartest QB on our roster by far.
    Agree. Give him a shot. He might be Pennington Light, but how many games would we have won with a Pennington QB over Sanchez this year? Many more than we have, that is for sure.

All Pro
    anybody remember this video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8
    For all saying he is a noodle arm, I don' see it. He isn't John Elway for sure but he has more than enough arm. And from what I can see he has no indecision and a quick release. I can guarantee he would have had 1 more TD and 1 less INT than Sanchez yesterday based on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Agree. Give him a shot. He might be Pennington Light, but how many games would we have won with a Pennington QB over Sanchez this year? Many more than we have, that is for sure.
    All we need is a qb who can complete more than 55% of his passes, throw a screen pass correctly and not fumble every other time he is sacked. Put GMAC in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're spitting into the wind here.....

Rex, Tanny, and Woody will NEVER agree to put in McElroy.

Greg's purpose is to hold a clipboard. They got him just to fill the 3rd QB spot. That's it.

I'm sure he's thinking of wanting OUT and going to a team....*ANY* Team that would give him a shot 'cause the Jets sure as hell aren't doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    For all saying he is a noodle arm, I don' see it. He isn't John Elway for sure but he has more than enough arm. And from what I can see he has no indecision and a quick release. I can guarantee he would have had 1 more TD and 1 less INT than Sanchez yesterday based on that alone.
    Anyone who thinks McElroy is the answer is off their rocker. He can't make the throws.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Anyone who thinks McElroy is the answer is off their rocker. He can't make the throws.
    ... and Sanchez can?

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Maybe your right but no one knows that. Unless he gets a chance no one knows and that includes all the coaches, scouts, front office people etc.

Totally agree with you. Why can't Mac be better than Fitzpatrick in buffalo?
    The game has changed, quick accurate passers and knowing your progressions are paramount.

All Pro
    anybody remember this video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8
    just noticed how did he get #12 thought bama retired it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie_kak View Post
    +1

But I feel for the guy.
    LOL

He's a terrible QB that collects over $12 mill a year and has banged the likes of Kate Upton and Eva Longoria.

Yeah, my deepest sympathies for Mark Sanchez.

I've always been the utmost supporter but Sanchez has been given chance after chance and he's obviously shot.

Tebow is not the answer and everyone knows he's just a situational player so it's time for Sanchez to hit the pine and see what the kid can do. He's got the size, a good arm and has shown he can move the offense.

DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD ARM-PENNINGTON TYPE