Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 102

Thread: Leberfeld pouncing on Rex....and I like it.

  1. #61
    Rex can't bench Sanchez because the backup sucks and isn't even a real QB and Rex knows that the GM gave Sanchez a raw Hill instead of a polished weapon, no RB help, etc.

  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Maybe they've already decided that they are going with Snachez this year and next no matter what...
    Of course they have. People forget the economic aspects when talking about benching this player and starting that player. The financial commitment made to Mark is no doubt factoring in this decision. In a perfect world, at this point, the Jets should play McElroy to see if there is anything there besides a clipboard holder. The fact that Mark has big guaranteed money this year and next is why Rex is sticking with him.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,720
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Rex can't bench Sanchez because the backup sucks and isn't even a real QB and Rex knows that the GM gave Sanchez a raw Hill instead of a polished weapon, no RB help, etc.
    But he can try the guy to see what he has to offer. denver did last year and he took them to the playoffs! but we do have McElroy! why not try him or are you just another Suckchez fan?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Rex can't bench Sanchez because the backup sucks and isn't even a real QB and Rex knows that the GM gave Sanchez a raw Hill instead of a polished weapon, no RB help, etc.
    Funny thing is that down the road, WHEN Hill gets more seasoned and the Jets(hopefully) have a Halfway-decent QB, that "QB" will benefit from avoiding Hill's "growing pains".







    aww....who am I kidding? Knowing Woody, he'll sign Tanny, Rex, and Sparano to 15-year deals and tell us all to go fuk ourselves.....

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Of course they have. People forget the economic aspects when talking about benching this player and starting that player. The financial commitment made to Mark is no doubt factoring in this decision. In a perfect world, at this point, the Jets should play McElroy to see if there is anything there besides a clipboard holder. The fact that Mark has big guaranteed money this year and next is why Rex is sticking with him.

    Funny thing is, from an economic standpoint, mark's contract would be considered as a "sunk cost" and shouldn't even be factored into the equation.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I assure you, there is no team in pro football that would even consider building a team aroun him. Totally delusional.
    You are correct, no team would build around him at this point. I see extreme situation putting him back in the starting line up for another team.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Funny thing is, from an economic standpoint, mark's contract would be considered as a "sunk cost" and shouldn't even be factored into the equation.
    Funny you should use the term "sunk" after Kris Jenkins comment regarding Mark and the Titanic.....

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    All of this is because Rex can't say what he really thinks, "Tebow sucks".

    Rex probably needs to go, but Tannenbaum built this debacle of an offense. more so than Rex, Tannenbaum is the guy who picked the talent, and the talent, unquestionably, isn't there. They are simply have the least amount offensive talent in the NFL. Bottom 5 in WR, bottom 10 in RB, bottom 5 at QB. That's on Tannenbaum. Not a single impact player drafted since 2008. He cannot be demoted, he simply needs to be fired.
    Good post, accurate on all counts

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I actually respect his questions.
    +1

    Someone in the media needs to start forcing this fraud of a HC to start answering some questions.

    Until this fraud of a HC is gone the Jets are going to sux.

    Jets 3-9 over their last 12 games.

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    Lets just be a little realistic and see the press conference for what it is.

    He cannot pull Sanchez for Tebow unless the move is permanent and after seeing him in practice he knows that will tank the season.

    He HAS TO say that he supports Sanchez. He has at least another year with us on that crappy contract.

    He is correct in saying that of all the QB's on the team Sanchez gives us the best chance to win. What else can he say?

    He cannot say the following no matter what he really feels:

    "Hiring that reject from the Dolfags was a HUGE mistake"

    "Yes Sanchez sucks but if you think that's bad, Tebow threw 8 interceptions in practice this week."

    "I cant help it if these god damn receivers cant hold on to the damn ball"

    "these RB's blow....cant break a tackle to save their lives"

    "I knew I shouldn't have drafted Hill"

    "Listen, I'm doing the best I can with the shyt I been given to work with"

    "I know we suck but if I say it then you'll harass me for the next 7 games about why we suck so bad and the team will turn on me."


    Everybody clear now?
    Another good post. The entire roster is poor and Tannenbaum (or Woody actually) didn't provide us with a legit backup QB

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yep.

    Rex is not a HC. He has shown the same amount of growth as a HC that Sanchez has as a QB.
    Not true at all. He has gotten worse.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Another good post. The entire roster is poor and Tannenbaum (or Woody actually) didn't provide us with a legit backup QB
    Tannebaum did. He signed Stanton. But then Woody wanted Tebow and agreed to Tebow (to get him to ok the trade to NY) that he would be the #2 QB

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Tannebaum did. He signed Stanton. But then Woody wanted Tebow and agreed to Tebow (to get him to ok the trade to NY) that he would be the #2 QB
    I bet the conversation was like this....



    Woody : "I want you to come to the JETS"

    Tebow : "I want to be QB"

    Woody : "Sure. You can be the #2 QB behind Mark."

    Tebow : "Don't you already have a #2 QB, though?"

    Woody : "........No. Of course not. You in?"

    Tebow : "Sure. Whatever."

    Woody : "Great." Hangs up the phone

    Woody (To himself) : "TAKE THAT, GIANTS! I HAVE NOW ONCE AGAIN ONE-UPPED ALL OF YOU! I HAVE TEBOW!! BAAHHAAHAHAHAH!!!"




    That's our Owner, Jets fans.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But he can try the guy to see what he has to offer. denver did last year and he took them to the playoffs! but we do have McElroy! why not try him or are you just another Suckchez fan?
    I don't think escamoter is a member of the Jets management or coaching staff. He doesn't have any authority to determine who is the starting QB of the NYJ.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,197
    The problem is Sanchez actually DOES give us the best chance towin. He's far and away the best QB on the roster. The problem is he's horrible.

    Someone else said it, its time for full rebuild mode. Time to clear house from the scouting department to the GM, and start over and sit through 3-7 years of trash ala the dolphins/Rams/raiders. Our window has closed and in reality was never really open.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I don't think escamoter is a member of the Jets management or coaching staff. He doesn't have any authority to determine who is the starting QB of the NYJ.
    Unknown.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1

    Someone in the media needs to start forcing this fraud of a HC to start answering some questions.

    Until this fraud of a HC is gone the Jets are going to sux.

    Jets 3-9 over their last 12 games.
    I agree as long as the next head coach isn't Norv Turner.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burger View Post
    I agree as long as the next head coach isn't Norv Turner.
    NO! Norv blows as a HC!

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,412
    The only thing playing McElroy would do is to destroy McElroy because he would be surrounded by the same crappy players.

  20. #80
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    "At what point would you consider bringing in Brooks Bollinger to lead this team to victory?"
    Exciting to think "Idon'tlikethat5" will be able to post again.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us