Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Leberfeld pouncing on Rex....and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why?

Blowing back to back AFC Championship Games due to an unprepared and overwhelmed defense didn't do that trick for ya?

SAR I
    You can't admit it, but it's the QB. The defense was great agianst Seattle until the 4th quarter.

You just can't admit it, Sanchez stinks, and if Rex can't admit it either, he will lose his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    The problem is Sanchez actually DOES give us the best chance towin. He's far and away the best QB on the roster. The problem is he's horrible.

Someone else said it, its time for full rebuild mode. Time to clear house from the scouting department to the GM, and start over and sit through 3-7 years of trash ala the dolphins/Rams/raiders. Our window has closed and in reality was never really open.
    I disagree ... Suckchez can throw with better mechanics than Tebow, but his lack of pocket awareness, inability to look off coverages, his predilection for fumbling footballs, lack of leadership skills, fondness of holding onto the football too long, and inaccuracy makes him a far worse QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    The problem is Sanchez actually DOES give us the best chance towin. He's far and away the best QB on the roster. The problem is he's horrible.

Someone else said it, its time for full rebuild mode. Time to clear house from the scouting department to the GM, and start over and sit through 3-7 years of trash ala the dolphins/Rams/raiders. Our window has closed and in reality was never really open.
    Sadly, I agree with the second part of your post. As to the first part, Sanchez is not far and away the "best QB" on the roster. He is certainly the best "combine" QB on the roster. He has the "tools", but he lacks everything else. He is not accurate, makes poor decisions, panics under pressure, does not appear to be able to read a defense, has never shown that he is the leader of the team, and lacks any and every intangible you can list. But put the guy in shorts and a t-shirt slinging the ball around a dome and he looks wonderful.

Tebow can not pass, which makes him incapable of leading a team deep into the playoffs, but the dude has toughness and intangibles in spades. If he was even a mediocre passer, he's be way better than Sanchez, but he's not. That said, even as a crappy passer, I consider him Sanchez's equal. Really, aside from the arm strength and good form, is Sanchez a better passer than Tebow. I'm not saying Tebow is any good at passing, I am saying Sanches is that bad.

Mcelroy has done nothing but overcome adversity and win. He's got intangibles in spades just like Tebow. In my mind he is the best passer of the three simply because he is the most accurate of the three.Just compare each of their final years in college.

It's a no brainer.... Start Mcelroy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sadly, I agree with the second part of your post. As to the first part, Sanchez is not far and away the "best QB" on the roster. He is certainly the best "combine" QB on the roster. He has the "tools", but he lacks everything else. He is not accurate, makes poor decisions, panics under pressure, does not appear to be able to read a defense, has never shown that he is the leader of the team, and lacks any and every intangible you can list. But put the guy in shorts and a t-shirt slinging the ball around a dome and he looks wonderful.

Tebow can not pass, which makes him incapable of leading a team deep into the playoffs, but the dude has toughness and intangibles in spades. If he was even a mediocre passer, he's be way better than Sanchez, but he's not. That said, even as a crappy passer, I consider him Sanchez's equal. Really, aside from the arm strength and good form, is Sanchez a better passer than Tebow. I'm not saying Tebow is any good at passing, I am saying Sanches is that bad.

Mcelroy has done nothing but overcome adversity and win. He's got intangibles in spades just like Tebow. In my mind he is the best passer of the three simply because he is the most accurate of the three.Just compare each of their final years in college.

It's obvious that Sanchez is not the answer, & Rex has to go for failing to coach up any of our younger players.
    The smartest thing to do is find out if McElroy can play & look to rebuild the roster by hiring a new GM that can evaluate the roster, hire a new coach figure out what kind of team they are trying to build.
    Strengthen the team from inside out by shoring up the D with a pass rusher & getting competent guards which presently we don't have. Moore is a shell of himself & Slausen is below average.
    Jets need to adapt to this new NFL & start drafting some offensive talent. They need to use the next 3 years to be ready to take over the AFC east at the same time that Brady is on his last legs.
    If they can trade Revis for a boat load of picks they should consider it as they will be too young to compete, but like the Seahawks could get better each year.
    Because we have the start of a strong D line, I'd be happy with prying Flynn from the Hawks, & hiring someone from he Packers to put in a system similar to the Packers on offense.
    Flynn knows that system so the transformation could happen pretty quickly when you a fast RB that can catch out of the backfield.
    This is a new NFL & if we keep Rex & his stubborn ways we'll be left behind & suffer years of disappointment.
    Last edited by jetster; 11-12-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    All of this is because Rex can't say what he really thinks, "Tebow sucks".

Rex probably needs to go, but Tannenbaum built this debacle of an offense. more so than Rex, Tannenbaum is the guy who picked the talent, and the talent, unquestionably, isn't there. They are simply have the least amount offensive talent in the NFL. Bottom 5 in WR, bottom 10 in RB, bottom 5 at QB. That's on Tannenbaum. Not a single impact player drafted since 2008. He cannot be demoted, he simply needs to be fired.
    Tanny is a cap/money guy not a football guy.

This is how is works in most nfl cities. At the end of each season
    Rex (HC) and Bradway (director of football ops) get together and determine the team needs, and the best way to pursue each need either thru FA or the draft.

If Rex says that his offensive talent is sufficient to win 11 games if his defense can hold the opposition to 17 points a game and to do that he needs players X,Y and Z. If Bradway concurs they give the wish list to Tanny. They then set up the draft board and enter FA.

Tanny should be fired as he does not have competent people under him and the people that report to him are not up to snuff. But Tanny does not rank anyone he just figures out how much to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    It's obvious that Sanchez is not the answer, & Rex has to go for failing to coach up any of our younger players.
    The smartest thing to do is find out if McElroy can play & look to rebuild the roster by hiring a new GM that can evaluate the roster, hire a new coach figure out what kind of team they are trying to build.
    Strengthen the team from inside out by shoring up the D with a pass rusher & getting competent guards which presently we don't have. Moore is a shell of himself & Slausen is below average.
    Jets need to adapt to this new NFL & start drafting some offensive talent. They need to use the next 3 years to be ready to take over the AFC east at the same time that Brady is on his last legs.
    If they can trade Revis for a boat load of picks they should consider it as they will be too young to compete, but like the Seahawks could get better each year.
    Because we have the start of a strong D line, I'd be happy with prying Flynn from the Hawks, & hiring someone from he Packers to put in a system similar to the Packers on offense.
    Flynn knows that system so the transformation could happen pretty quickly when you a fast RB that can catch out of the backfield.
    This is a new NFL & if we keep Rex & his stubborn ways we'll be left behind & suffer years of disappointment.
    What younger players other than Wilson and Ducasse? The next guy was drafted in the 4th rd. It is not like he has Five 2nd to 4rd players hanging around that have not developed. Guys taken in the 6th and 7th rd are hope and prayers, not guy that just need seasoning and coaching up.

As far as hiring somebody from the packers, the dolphins already got the #2 offensive guy. If Reid is let go from Philly, My guess is that he will take time off to be with his family. If so then Marty Mornhinweg will likely be available as an OC. They run the same Holmgren Offense.
    Last edited by patman; 11-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Watched the after game presser.....

It looks like Rex is ready to explode. We need a Mora/Green type of melt down.
    Sanchez still has not said " I screwed up in the red zone," it's always we. Enough with this We rah,rah team bullsh!t. Take charge and say I screwed up, I made a bad throw, become a leader. We all know he won't.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That's what Mcnabb used to say. Qb is an I position.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    It looks like Rex is ready to explode. We need a Mora/Green type of melt down.
    Sanchez still has not said " I screwed up in the red zone," it's always we. Enough with this We rah,rah team bullsh!t. Take charge and say I screwed up, I made a bad throw, become a leader. We all know he won't.
    Are you sure you watched yesterday's?

All Pro
    Maybe it's my TV, but Rex looked like he was crying in the lookerroom before his post game presser.

His eyes and the area around them looked red.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I said this last year. There was a moment after one of our losses when, as he spoke to the media, I really understood that Rex is not very bright. It also became clear that the job of head coach is beyond his intellectual capacity and emotional scope.

Guess who we now know is a friggin' genius? Ozzie Newsome.
    Tired of Rex and this shltty team, unless there's a miraculous turnaround, Rex and Tannenbaum need to go

Veteran
    Im on the start Mcleroy bandwagon, I mean f it what have we got to lose! Sanchez is so beyond done its becoming embarrassing leaving him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Maybe it's my TV, but Rex looked like he was crying in the lookerroom before his post game presser.

His eyes and the area around them looked red.
    He always cries...what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    Im on the start Mcleroy bandwagon, I mean f it what have we got to lose! Sanchez is so beyond done its becoming embarrassing leaving him in there.
    Sign me up, he looks like the only legit qb on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    He called Rex out for his unabashed support of Sanchez. Asked him point blank what his "fatal attraction" is with Sanchez which made Rex squirm.

PS: Everyone should know Mark attended all of Rex's sons football games in high school. Mark has sucked up to Rex so bad he will be the starter no matter what anyone says.
    I got to admit, I was cheering when he said that. The media lets Rex get away with murder in those conferences. And no one piled on after that, if they did, Rex would have had to finally answer the damm questions or just blow. But nope, not another word from anyone. Leberfeld is the only one doing his job. Its pathetic.

Leberfeld can be an a-hole at times, but yesterday he was the only true journalist in the room. He was completely right -- and he asked the questions we fans would if we were there. One thing I believe, though: Rex probably really does think that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win OF THE QBs CURRENTLY ON OUR ROSTER. What are his alternatives? A non-QB QB in Tebow and the unproven McElroy (although I'd sit Mark for a week and see what McElroy could do at this point; if he plays well, he earns another week; if not, well......)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    Leberfeld can be an a-hole at times, but yesterday he was the only true journalist in the room. He was completely right -- and he asked the questions we fans would if we were there. One thing I believe, though: Rex probably really does think that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win OF THE QBs CURRENTLY ON OUR ROSTER. What are his alternatives? A non-QB QB in Tebow and the unproven McElroy (although I'd sit Mark for a week and see what McElroy could do at this point; if he plays well, he earns another week; if not, well......)
    Rex is 100% CORRECT. Sanchez gives us the best option to win now. In addition, he has a 17 million dollar cap charge if cut/traded, so it is hard to bench him and lose him.

What does anyone expect McElroy to do with this team. Name 1 WR that gets any separation? RB are non explosive. Right tackle was explosive last night, how many times did he not even touch someone about to hit Sanchez? RB have no idea how to pass block. McElroy does not have the strongest arm, has no deep threat to get the defense back, and has no running attack. The DB's will pound the Jets WR, and Mc will get shelled. It's a no win situation.

The offense is awful. Awful to the point it is hard to know how to evaluate players, as most plays have no chance to succeed. If there is a pass rush, and no place to throw the ball, and the outlet receivers drop passes, what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Rex is 100% CORRECT. Sanchez gives us the best option to win now. In addition, he has a 17 million dollar cap charge if cut/traded, so it is hard to bench him and lose him.

What does anyone expect McElroy to do with this team. Name 1 WR that gets any separation? RB are non explosive. Right tackle was explosive last night, how many times did he not even touch someone about to hit Sanchez? RB have no idea how to pass block. McElroy does not have the strongest arm, has no deep threat to get the defense back, and has no running attack. The DB's will pound the Jets WR, and Mc will get shelled. It's a no win situation.

The offense is awful. Awful to the point it is hard to know how to evaluate players, as most plays have no chance to succeed. If there is a pass rush, and no place to throw the ball, and the outlet receivers drop passes, what do you do?
    How about giving Mcelroy a chance. He need do very little to improve the teams chances. The QB is supposed to recognize the blitz. That is his job. It is Mark's fault if he fails to recognize that a blitz is coming. When he sees blitz he supposed to check to a run or go to his hot read. Keller was open for a TD, and Sanchez took to long to recognize it and throw the ball. Is everyone else playing well? NO. But it is the QB's job to put everyone in a position to succeed. Mark does not. He is the Anti-Franchise because he actually makes everyone worse.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post

suckchez sucks, on the keller INT play he was very late on the throw, even worse go back to the play if you can and you will see Hill in the back of the endzone right in front of sanchez jumping up and down with his arms up in the air. He was WIDE open, nobody within 5yds and suckchez missed him. A HS QB could have made the throw. We just need a QB with some accuracy and a clue. suckchez has neither. I can't bear to watch another game with that d-bag as the QB