Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez Backers should be Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, you know that the coaches didn't even want Tim here. Total Woody move. There's a reason why they use him in such predictable, unimaginative ways.

I'm not saying they're trying to screw him over or anything like that. What I'm saying is that they're probably trying to use him as little as they possibly can while still (somewhat) appeasing Woody.

Either way, I don't really care. No one respects this team anyway, so it's not like we could get any worse.

I'm still undecided about that one. Is it that they don't want to use him because they didn't want him ? Is it because Sparano just doesn't know how to use him ? Is it because Rex and Tanny are so heavily invested in Sanchez ?

I think all of the above are viable possibilities, to the point that we can't just choose one or the other and say "See, this explains it".

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    I don't post very much, but the past 6 weeks I have been calling for Tebow mainly because quite frankly, Sanchez sucks. I am a Tebow supporter and no doubt if he started this game, Jets win. And Jets at this point would be at worse 5-4 maybe 6-3 with Tebow.

In many of these threads I started I cannot believe the posts supporting Sanchez. Everyone of you know who you are. I correct my statement, you should not be banned from these boards, you should leave voluntarily.
    Yes, sanchez sucks, but whats worse is that he still gives us the best chance to win. Tebow is not an NFL QB and neither is McElroy. Sanchez actually could make a good backup somewhere with proper coaching.

While that may (is) true, it's kind of a moot point by now. I mean, we've had this argument hundreds of times before, and all it ever does is get people rustled and placed on each others pretend ignore list (I'm looking at you, SG3).
    I've noticed that I'm on MaineJet's Pretend Ignore list....or maybe I'm on his real list. Who knows?

And please....the word "may" doesn't need to be there. "IS", does.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm still undecided about that one. Is it that they don't want to use him because they didn't want him ? Is it because Sparano just doesn't know how to use him ? Is it because Rex and Tanny are so heavily invested in Sanchez ?

I think all of the above are viable possibilities, to the point that we can't just choose one or the other and say "See, this explains it".
    If anything, it would be the first option. Rex is a traditional football coach; he doesn't want to do this gimmicky read-option with Tebow. He wants a regular, drop back and pass type of guy. Mark certainly fits that mold much better than Tim, even if he is terrible at it.

All I'm saying is that there's a reason why Fox and Elway got rid of him.

I had never really been a Mark supporter but I get that he earned anther shot this year. Saying that if you bailed on him 6 weeks ago that was too soon. Saying that the last 3 weeks OK but 6. We are only in week 10 and spent the 1st what 5 weeks in 1st place in the division. So you where bailing on a QB that was leading a team in good shape. All he needed to do was play average ball and this team likely made the PO this year. That said he has had 7 below average games now. He is not cutting it so yes it is time to cut your losses and move on. Tebow may not be better but at this point he can't be worse. Sanchez is without doubt one of the bottom 2 QBs in the league right now. If you are still saying no to Tebow at all you just haven't been following our games. At best he looks like he did last year and is still an improvement over what we are seeing right now. At best he improved and actually can win a few games. Either way I'd rather have the hope of having a QB that might be able to move the ball once or twice a game. Sanchez just ticks me off with his lack of instincts. I would seriously rather see us sign Russell right now then see Mark start next week.

If anything, it would be the first option. Rex is a traditional football coach; he doesn't want to do this gimmicky read-option with Tebow. He wants a regular, drop back and pass type of guy. Mark certainly fits that mold much better than Tim, even if he is terrible at it.

All I'm saying is that there's a reason why Fox and Elway got rid of him.
    Given that Rex is a defensive coach and the offense is an afterthought to him, I seriously doubt that he cares whether the Jets QB is a traditional drop back type of guy or not

Given that Rex is a defensive coach and the offense is an afterthought to him, I seriously doubt that he cares whether the Jets QB is a traditional drop back type of guy or not
    Defensive-minded, of course. But he's still the Head Coach and still has a job to do. It's not as though he has absolutely nothing to do with the offense.

I mean, if this were college then Tim would be fine. Run that option all day, erreday. But that stuff doesn't seem to last long in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    found the first one mama, Sanchez supporter
    no, not a supporter, just hate holier than thou douchebags...

Defensive-minded, of course. But he's still the Head Coach and still has a job to do. It's not as though he has absolutely nothing to do with the offense.

I mean, if this were college then Tim would be fine. Run that option all day, erreday. But that stuff doesn't seem to last long in the NFL.

Who's to say ? Tebow and Cam were running it last year. RG3 is doing pretty well with it this year. Other teams will be going down the rabbit hole as well.

Again, my point is that it's silly to assume that Rex wants a "pocket style passer".

Now, if you want to make the case that Sparano is making that call, that's a different story. I wouldn't agree, but at least the argument would have more credibility.

Who's to say ? Tebow and Cam were running it last year. RG3 is doing pretty well with it this year. Other teams will be going down the rabbit hole as well.

Again, my point is that it's silly to assume that Rex wants a "pocket style passer".

Now, if you want to make the case that Sparano is making that call, that's a different story. I wouldn't agree, but at least the argument would have more credibility.
    It has credibility because Woody WANTS Tim and and Sparano (almost typed Schotty, lol) would be an OC that would work well with Tim, yet he's not in. Rex doesn't want that gimmicky ish. He just wants a regular, run of the mill QB.

Also, RG3 can throw the ball MUCH better than Tim and is insanely fast. So, that's not exactly a fair comparison. As for Cam.....isn't he like 2-6 or some ****?

Either way, I suppose it doesn't really matters at this point. At the very least, they used him better today.

It has credibility because Woody WANTS Tim and and Sparano (almost typed Schotty, lol) would be an OC that would work well with Tim, yet he's not in. Rex doesn't want that gimmicky ish. He just wants a regular, run of the mill QB.

Also, RG3 can throw the ball MUCH better than Tim and is insanely fast. So, that's not exactly a fair comparison. As for Cam.....isn't he like 2-6 or some ****?

Either way, I suppose it doesn't really matters at this point. At the very least, they used him better today.
    You're actually making a case for one of the other options, that Rex is so tied to Sanchez that he doesn't want Tebow used.

Rex is simple and he wants one thing, that is, a QB who isn't going to lose games for him, and who will win the close games that the defense keeps them in.

It's beyond conjecture to presume that he wants a "traditional pocket passer".

Hell, if anything, Tebow is much closer to what Rex would want as a dual threat QB is more better suited for "ground and Pound" than a pocket passer.

Jets Insider VIP
    I back Sanchez.

You're actually making a case for one of the other options, that Rex is so tied to Sanchez that he doesn't want Tebow used.

Rex is simple and he wants one thing, that is, a QB who isn't going to lose games for him, and who will win the close games that the defense keeps them in.

It's beyond conjecture to presume that he wants a "traditional pocket passer".
    Why would he want Tim? There's no reason to assume he'd want a gimmick QB as his guy, lol.

Come on, son.

Why would he want Tim? There's no reason to assume he'd want a gimmick QB as his guy, lol.

Come on, son.
    Which part of "Ground and Pound" and "Running QB" is the most confusing to you my friend ?

Tebow ran for 660 yards last year. That's ground and pound

I'm laughing at the stupidity that you are demonstrating. The Defense held the hawks to 14 pts through 3 full quarters of play. HAD SANCHEZ mounted any kind of offense and demonstrated that he had any frakking ability at QB, the 4th Quarter would have been different.

Are you familiar with the concept of MOMENTUM and what happens when you have a lack of it ??
    The Seahawks defense is superior to ours and was playing at home. They held us to 0 points through 3 full quarters.

The Jets defense is weaker than theirs and was playing on the road. They held the Seahawks to 14 points through 3 full quarters.

That's what we call a "loss". The Jets defense allowed 14 points to that point. Even if Kerley runs away from the DB and scores a TD on the good Sanchez throw, we're losing 14-7. Their blitzes worked, ours didn't. Their huge defensive backfield shut us down, ours didn't. Their air attack worked, our defensive backfield didn't.

We lost this game because our defense allowed 28 points and our running game produced a paltry 86 yards. If our defense allows 13 points and our running game produces 150 yards we might have won.

The Rex Ryan Jets are built to win on DEFENSE and GROUND & POUND. They're not built to win it in the air. So when our quarterback makes a bad throw at the goal line it sucks, but it's supposed to be survivable. The defense and running game didn't get it done today, so we lost.

This isn't new-news. When we were at our "best" in 2009 and 2010 Mark Sanchez was making bad throws, chucking stupid interceptions, calling mindless timeouts, missing open WR's, the works. The difference was we could run the ball and our defense could hold opponents down below 20 points. That's not happening anymore. That's the gamechanger. Mark is playing at the same level he always has and that sucks. The D and the running game are playing below their prior levels and that's killing us.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Seahawks defense is superior to ours and was playing at home. They held us to 0 points through 3 full quarters.

The Jets defense is weaker than theirs and was playing on the road. They held the Seahawks to 14 points through 3 full quarters.

That's what we call a "loss". The Jets defense allowed 14 points to that point. Even if Kerley runs away from the DB and scores a TD on the good Sanchez throw, we're losing 14-7. Their blitzes worked, ours didn't. Their huge defensive backfield shut us down, ours didn't. Their air attack worked, our defensive backfield didn't.

We lost this game because our defense allowed 28 points and our running game produced a paltry 86 yards. If our defense allows 13 points and our running game produces 150 yards we might have won.

The Rex Ryan Jets are built to win on DEFENSE and GROUND & POUND. They're not built to win it in the air. So when our quarterback makes a bad throw at the goal line it sucks, but it's supposed to be survivable. The defense and running game didn't get it done today, so we lost.

This isn't new-news. When we were at our "best" in 2009 and 2010 Mark Sanchez was making bad throws, chucking stupid interceptions, calling mindless timeouts, missing open WR's, the works. The difference was we could run the ball and our defense could hold opponents down below 20 points. That's not happening anymore. That's the gamechanger. Mark is playing at the same level he always has and that sucks. The D and the running game are playing below their prior levels and that's killing us.

SAR I
    Spot on as usual. Education is your forte---now they need to listen so we can move forward.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    LOL!

If you turn the ball over enough and punt enough, any defense is going to get tired. The problem is the defensive players know Sanchez sucks. Why exert the effort?
    This. Can't believe the clowns (including Rex) that constantly blame the D.

If you're on the field the entire game, you're going to get tired.

When you hold the opposing team, force a punt or get a turnover, then you're O comes out and goes 3 and out, you're gonna be pissed.

And when both of the above happens the ENTIRE game, you stop playing.

It's NOT the Defense, it's the Offense dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I

Seeing as how the offense didn't score a single frakking point, we LOST THIS GAME because of the offense. IF the defense had held Seattle to a measly TD and a FG, we still would have lost. That's what happens when your QB is completely ineffective and doesn't put points on the board.

And you can't even use my argument about momentum as it's not like our defense let us fall behind by 28 pts in the first Q.

Look, I'm an "offense" kind of guy (the opposite of Rex) and as such, I favor the offense and would generally defend it as much as possible.

BUT, this loss is all on the O.

Did you look at the farking scoreboard ? The only Jet points on their came from the damned D. When the damned Defense outscores the offense, only a clueless frakking moron would blame them for losing the game.

Talking

Seeing as how the offense didn't score a single frakking point, we LOST THIS GAME because of the offense. IF the defense had held Seattle to a measly TD and a FG, we still would have lost. That's what happens when your QB is completely ineffective and doesn't put points on the board.

And you can't even use my argument about momentum as it's not like our defense let us fall behind by 28 pts in the first Q.

Look, I'm an "offense" kind of guy (the opposite of Rex) and as such, I favor the offense and would generally defend it as much as possible.

BUT, this loss is all on the O.

Did you look at the farking scoreboard ? The only Jet points on their came from the damned D. When the damned Defense outscores the offense, only a clueless frakking moron would blame them for losing the game.
    This plus a bazillion. The D played like freaking rock stars - balls to the wall - for NOTHING. Could YOU play 4 quarters like that, losing all hope and risking a career-ending injury for THIS crap? If the O had done anything at all to help out we might've won. Biggest drain on the O is Sanchez's inconsistency. And Rex and Sparano are clueless at effective play calling for the O; although today was a slight improvement in their use of Tebow, it's still crap. Confusing and incomprehensible crap.

Oh SAR I, I need some kindling. Pass me that $16k

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I used to be a Sanchez supporter. After this game, especially off a bye week, I no longer am. He looked terrible, along with the rest of the entire team. He got outplayed by a rookie QB, Rex got outcoached and Sparano shouldn't be allowed to have a job in this league anymore.
    he has been getting outplayed by every rookie so far this season that should tell you something oh wait i forgot it is not year 4 yet when he turns into montana.