Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex say the Jets have the best chance to win with Sanchez...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    YES!

And two years from now when Ryan is gone and Mark has been surrounded with talent we'll look back on the Rex era and say that Sanchez was the only good thing to come of it.

SAR I
    Sanchez blows

Your constant excuses for him would make the former Penningtologists blush.

The lack of a strong supporting cast doesn't excuse him drilling balls at receivers feet, sailing the ball 5 feet over their heads, or him just flatout not seeing open receivers.

The kid hasn't made one bit of progress since his rookie season.

Please tell me, whats the difference between Sanchez and a guy like Rex Grossman?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sanchez blows

The lack of a strong supporting cast doesn't excuse him drilling balls at receivers feet, sailing the ball 5 feet over their heads, or him just flatout not seeing open receivers.

Please tell me, whats the difference between Sanchez and a guy like Rex Grossman?
    Rex needs to wake up. Suckchez gives us the best chance to lose and that fact was on grand display today, as it has been numerous times throughout this season.

At this point Rex Grossman would be an improvement.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    YES!

And two years from now when Ryan is gone and Mark has been surrounded with talent we'll look back on the Rex era and say that Sanchez was the only good thing to come of it.

SAR I
    mark is this eras David Carr. good looking kid, who had a shot and simply couldn't get it done.

NO AMOUNT of talent around him will change that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez blows

Ugh?

Rex Grossman took a team to the SB. That is one thing Sanchez will NEVER do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what's really going on :

The Jets are TANKING the season to get a Top-10 pick. Not intentionally but I think even Rex sees the writing on the wall, so to speak, regarding Mark so he's going to let him continue to "be Mark Sanchez" and then go draft a Pass-Rusher in the 2013 draft, bring back Mark again and hope he craps the bed once more so the Jets get ANOTHER Top-10 pick in the 2014 draft where they can FINALLY get a Real Franchise QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Major pitfall with a player's coach is that he gets too close to his players.

He's right though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's loyalty to Sanchez will be the death of his coaching career in New York.
    There is not a better option. I find it hard to believe that Rex wouldn't play the best option. If Tebow or McElroy were better, they would be playing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    mark is this eras David Carr. good looking kid, who had a shot and simply couldn't get it done.

NO AMOUNT of talent around him will change that.
    david carr is better than mark sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    david carr is better than mark sanchez.
    Nike, YOU'RE better than Mark Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

why is Rex sooo stubborn??

I never though I would say this but he needs to go. I finally came to the realization that he has absolutely NO CLUE what to do on offense. He is a defense coordinator not a head coach.

Rex should just face it that this season is OVER. Why still put in Sanchez out there when everyone know he is not the answer for this franchise. If every other coach in the NFL was in the jets situation, they would say "I would evaluate the QB situation". Heck even Andy Reid said that about Michael Vick. But Not Rex, he is too stubborn for that. Why not test how this kid McElroy can do with the 1st team? His stubbornness is killing me. He will live and die with mark Sanchez.

Then Sanchez goes off to say "he is too confident" to think about losing his job. ARE YOU F' KIDDING ME? Both Rex and Sanchez are just DELUSIONAL. Sanchez thinks he is WAY better than he is because he is babied by Rex. And then Rex thinks he still got the 2009/10 team out there.

We need to clean house. We need people who have a clue how to run a NFL franchise out there. Fire everyone, The OC, the DC, the head coach, the GM. Start fresh.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex definitely has Narcissistic Personality Disorder----Look it up in the DSM and you will understand why he is who he is. By the way, its impossible to treat so don't ever expect him to change.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hes not stubborn hes dumb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is: Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Here it is: Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.
    Rex is a great D coordinator and paired with the right OC he can be an effective head coach. I think Sparano's playcalling was bad and Sanchez lacks the s.o.b. mentality you need when the chips are down. He has the physical tools - that pass to Kerley was a thing of beauty. Right now he's in a bad space mentally but the alternatives: Tebow and McElroy aren't much better.

OC was bad, OL was crap. But better playcalling and more awareness by Mark would've won the game. I also can't understand this 2 qb system - they can't get into a proper rhytmn when they get thrown in yanked out withou settling properly, you burn a timeout, waste more time then another 3 and out. WTH were they doing in the bye week when this is till a recurring problem???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is economics, not stubbornness.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchize = not good
    Teblow = much worse

He is choosing between an enema and an enema with everclear. There is no good option!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's official, Rex is a moron. I just heard on espn radio, the press conference when he is answering playoff questions saying "is a 2% chance but we still going to go after it, no doubt about it". You know you got an idiot of a HC coach when your record is 3-6 and he is answering playoff questions.
    Last edited by ArmyJets04; 11-11-2012 at 09:27 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    He has the physical tools - that pass to Kerley was a thing of beauty.
    Sure was. Didn't hurt that the defender fell down.

But let's stick to the facts: Mark Sanchez sucks. Say what you will about Tebow, but don't deny these facts:

1) Tebow's 3 n'outs burn more clock than Sanchez's.

2) Tebow starting will cut down on inexcusable turnovers.

Speaking of inexcusable, it's inexcusable that we have this level of QB play this late in the season (as in "too late") to make a real change.

All I wanted in the beginning of the season was to win games. As it turns out, Sanchez has hallmark contributions to Jet losses: defensive linemen successfully defending Sanchez passes, turnovers when not protecting the ball when getting sacked, red zone interceptions, pick 6s.

Sanchez is a disaster and he is worse than his stats.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex's Loyalty Will Cost Him

While Rex is a player's coach and always goes to bat for his guys when they don't play well and always talking his guys up at the pressers during the week, his love for his guys will cost him his job. Week after week after a brutal game by Sanchez he comes up to the podium at the post game presser and says "we're sticking with Mark" over and over again. At some point for the benefit of the team, you have to bench the guy if he isn't doing well. Whether you put in Tebow or McElroy, I don't care but for the benefit of the offense and the entire team, you have to make a decision to change it up. I understand Mark was Rex's draft pick and he loves him but if the guy is not producing and causing costly turnovers by staring down receivers, forcing the ball into coverage, and throwing the ball to the other team while you're going down for a sack, something needs to be change.

If Rex keeps being loyal to a fault, it will cost him his job. If not this year, then next year for sure.

At the beginning of the year, even if this team was 7-9/6-10 at the end of the year, I still saw Rex getting another year. But by not making a change at the QB position and sticking with a guy who has regressed mightily over the last 2 years while costing your team games by having an anemic offense and leaving the defense out for most of the game, you're not just hurting the team, you're hurting your job status.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can only hope! And ASAP!