Thread: Lets Become a Respectable Organization

Practice Squad

Lets Become a Respectable Organization

Today was the day that I have to come to the realization that Mark Sanchez and the New York Jets are not a good team. As many of you have pointed out us Sanchez lovers have been giving him too many excuses. Time after time he has continued to show why he will not succeed in a New York Jets uniform. I believe he has to go along with this dingbat of a head coach.

How can we become a respectable organization?
    Well like Joe Namath said it begins at the top. Woody needs to fire both Tanny and Rex along with any of his coaches even if Westoff wants to stay one more year. If we are going to rebuild we need to do it right, with a clean slate.

As I previously stated Sanchez needs to go. Unfortunately under his current contract that something that isn't likely to happen this offseason. However I do believe that there are some things we can do this offseason to rebuild this organization and make it respectable. I'm sick and tired of being the "clowns" of the NFL.

So Rex and Tanny are gone. Who do we get for a coach? Well there is no easy answer to that question. People are calling for Jon Gruden, Sean Payton, or Bill Cower. Well none of those guys are going to want to come here if he can't have full control of his team. Woody is going to have to accept the fact that the fans want wins, not to be talked about 24/7. He is going to have to allow the head coach to make all the calls. No Tebow or Farve incidents can occur. We must build from the bottom if we want to be in the same class as the steelers, giants, falcons, bears, or any team that seems to be able to compete year after year. We must develop young core players that will grow into superstars, not sign has beens.

There are many positions that we need to address in the upcoming draft and fortunately for us there are some great prospects coming out in this year's class. In the first round we need to draft a pass rusher mostly because I believe that right now it is our biggest weakness even if Sanchez is garbage. Jarvis Jones seems to me like a sure lock to become an absolute beast in this league. Mingo from LSU is more of a DE but maybe possible to convert. Any way need a pass rusher. It depends on where we are drafting to say if we should go OLB or QB.if its later in the round maybe we can go for tyler wilson. I believe that we should draft a RB in the second round Greene has no explosion and isnt even a good power back. This draft should be about addressing our 3 key weaknesses: OLB, QB, RB. In this draft we should draft 2 QBs; one in the first 3 rounds one in the last 4 rounds, same thing with OLB. Hopefully one of the two guys will do something. And for RBs i say make a run for gillislee from Florida and take Lattimore in the late rounds if hes available.

In the offseason we need to fill out the rest our teams roster.
    We need to sign a left guard to come in and compete with slauson and ugly. we need someone to compete with austin howard.
    On offense we will look bad yet again with Sanchez at the reigns (unless he loses to one of the rookies in camp, wouldnt be surprised)
    However we will have Holmes, Hill, Kerley, and hopefully Keller ( i believe he will be back for decent pay because he is having a very subpar year) those are some pretty decent skill players. The offensive line really needs to step up their game, DBrick and co arent looking good this year.

On Defense we will have some great linemen. Clearly Wilk is starting to break out and Coples has shone at times. Pouha and Eliis should be able to control this middle. Our Linebackers need to look totally different. Pace, Thomas, and Scott need to go. this is a passing league and if you cant outrun a QB you might as well apply to mcdonalds now. Keep demario and harris inside. one of the two draftees on either side and try to go after dayrl smith or anthony spencer to fix the other side. I love our DBs. Cro is showing just how lucky we are that we got him and not Nnamdi and Hulk smash is a great playmaker. hopefully revis is back as good as new and we should be pretty set in our defensive back field. maybe sign Byrd from buffalo to take over for the old man Bell.

Thats the end of my rant thats all i got. But this New York Jets team definately has the core talent that is needed to win championships. I believe with the right GM and head coach it is something that will be accomplished in the near future. What do you guys think?

It sounds as if you want to deep six at least 50% of the team. They do not have the CORE talent---they need to rebuild with new management.

It all starts at the top. UNFORTUNATELY, Woody F'n Johnson is AT THE TOP.

We're Fuked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

We're Fuked.
    This is true. We will never ever win anything with this guy as the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post
    Today was the day that I have to come to the realization that Mark Sanchez and the New York Jets are not a good team. As many of you have pointed out us Sanchez lovers have been giving him too many excuses. Time after time he has continued to show why he will not succeed in a New York Jets uniform. I believe he has to go along with this dingbat of a head coach.

How can we become a respectable organization?
    Well like Joe Namath said it begins at the top. Woody needs to fire both Tanny and Rex along with any of his coaches even if Westoff wants to stay one more year. If we are going to rebuild we need to do it right, with a clean slate.

As I previously stated Sanchez needs to go. Unfortunately under his current contract that something that isn't likely to happen this offseason. However I do believe that there are some things we can do this offseason to rebuild this organization and make it respectable. I'm sick and tired of being the "clowns" of the NFL.

So Rex and Tanny are gone. Who do we get for a coach? Well there is no easy answer to that question. People are calling for Jon Gruden, Sean Payton, or Bill Cower. Well none of those guys are going to want to come here if he can't have full control of his team. Woody is going to have to accept the fact that the fans want wins, not to be talked about 24/7. He is going to have to allow the head coach to make all the calls. No Tebow or Farve incidents can occur. We must build from the bottom if we want to be in the same class as the steelers, giants, falcons, bears, or any team that seems to be able to compete year after year. We must develop young core players that will grow into superstars, not sign has beens.

There are many positions that we need to address in the upcoming draft and fortunately for us there are some great prospects coming out in this year's class. In the first round we need to draft a pass rusher mostly because I believe that right now it is our biggest weakness even if Sanchez is garbage. Jarvis Jones seems to me like a sure lock to become an absolute beast in this league. Mingo from LSU is more of a DE but maybe possible to convert. Any way need a pass rusher. It depends on where we are drafting to say if we should go OLB or QB.if its later in the round maybe we can go for tyler wilson. I believe that we should draft a RB in the second round Greene has no explosion and isnt even a good power back. This draft should be about addressing our 3 key weaknesses: OLB, QB, RB. In this draft we should draft 2 QBs; one in the first 3 rounds one in the last 4 rounds, same thing with OLB. Hopefully one of the two guys will do something. And for RBs i say make a run for gillislee from Florida and take Lattimore in the late rounds if hes available.

In the offseason we need to fill out the rest our teams roster.
    We need to sign a left guard to come in and compete with slauson and ugly. we need someone to compete with austin howard.
    On offense we will look bad yet again with Sanchez at the reigns (unless he loses to one of the rookies in camp, wouldnt be surprised)
    However we will have Holmes, Hill, Kerley, and hopefully Keller ( i believe he will be back for decent pay because he is having a very subpar year) those are some pretty decent skill players. The offensive line really needs to step up their game, DBrick and co arent looking good this year.

On Defense we will have some great linemen. Clearly Wilk is starting to break out and Coples has shone at times. Pouha and Eliis should be able to control this middle. Our Linebackers need to look totally different. Pace, Thomas, and Scott need to go. this is a passing league and if you cant outrun a QB you might as well apply to mcdonalds now. Keep demario and harris inside. one of the two draftees on either side and try to go after dayrl smith or anthony spencer to fix the other side. I love our DBs. Cro is showing just how lucky we are that we got him and not Nnamdi and Hulk smash is a great playmaker. hopefully revis is back as good as new and we should be pretty set in our defensive back field. maybe sign Byrd from buffalo to take over for the old man Bell.

Thats the end of my rant thats all i got. But this New York Jets team definately has the core talent that is needed to win championships. I believe with the right GM and head coach it is something that will be accomplished in the near future. What do you guys think?
    I agree with you for the most part but you lost me at the receivers comment. Our receivers flat out suck. Keller has always been an average at best tight tend. Hill has shown us week in and week out that he doesnt even belong in the NFL. Holmes makes a good 2 and Kerley a good 3. But you have no #1, no threat at TE, and no running backs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

We're Fuked.
    Yup. I wish woody would sell the team and just stick on making baby powder.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    Yup. I wish woody would sell the team and just stick on making baby powder.
    Dude, the sad part is he isn't even involved in his Daddy's company. I think he was kicked out or something.

All he is now doing is mooching off the family fortune. He was the "sperm" that hit the jackpot quite literally.

Too bad the "sperm" didn't have any FOOTBALL-DNA in it instead of Rich-Boy syndrome....

You are going to get a top 3 draft pick most likely and you want to draft another DE / LB pass rusher?

That would make what, 5 years in a row?

QB
    RB
    WR
    OL

Before anything on defense. This team is so devoid of offensive talent. No speed. No skill, nada.

All League
    Again, another post by someone who wants to draft defense first. You admit in one hand that this is a passing league but you are replacing our RB with a 2nd round pick?

QB 1st round. No other position deserves a top 10 pick.
    OG/RT 2nd round. Unless a top RB tickles your fancy you need to build up this OL. If somehow McElroy plays and progresses to the point that you have a formidable QB in 2013 then I would go for Warmack at OG to solidify the next 10 years at the guard spot. Then go get a RB in the 2nd round.

The idea here is that you have to go find a QB. Or else you are in the same spot year after year with Sanchez at 7-9 or 8-8. Building your team starts at the DL and OL. It looks as though Rex has built a solid DL if Ellis progresses but it's good enough when healthy to compete if you upgrade the LB's. but you can get solid LB's in the 3rd round. And with McIntyre and Davis you have LB's with speed.

Thats how I would look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    You are going to get a top 3 draft pick most likely and you want to draft another DE / LB pass rusher?

That would make what, 5 years in a row?

QB
    RB
    WR
    OL

Before anything on defense. This team is so devoid of offensive talent. No speed. No skill, nada.

The QB crop this year isn't anything impressive. The Jets might end up with another Chad Pennington. What WE WANT IS A FRANCHISE QB!!

And that isn't Happening in this year's draft. This year's draft(meaning next year's technically) will be heavy with PASS-RUSHERS. Why not get another?

Or if you don't want that.....Draft a RB.

Practice Squad
    A real pass rushing olb is our biggest need on defense. What the top teams have that we don't (besides a qb) is a great pass rush. We've learned that qbs do a lot worse under pressure. I don't think we should draft a qb this yer only because we are stuck with Sanchez. If somehow we can get Jarvis jones that's something we need to do. He's a beast. We need a RB too but you don't draft one in the 1st round unless he's the next AP. I don't see any in this draft. I've watched like 4 Florida games and the guy that stands out is Gillislee. He's a beast. We knew hill would be a development player take a while to break out.

Why, is Woody selling the team?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Today was the day?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    PSL's license to fail.

With Gonsalez last year in Atlanta, don't you think Keller would be better served going with a proven qb if he is going to sign a 1 year mulligan contract? Keller staying with the jets for small money does not make sense.

The jets don't need to draft a pass rusher in the first, How many 1st rd picks do you want to put on the line?

There are 17 FA on the jets and hardly any cap room. This is the time to trade down and pick up multiple players. and If any position needs to be fixed it is the oline. The oline being upgraded is required for any qb to succeed and for any rb to flourish.

Say the jets drop from 9 to 17 and pick up a 2nd and then drop again to the mid 20s and pick up a 3rd.
    With the late 1st. Johnathan Cooper at guard
    With your 2nd- Dallas Thomas Tackle
    With the added 2nd larry Warford Guard.

You now have a young oline cheap oline to balance out the 10 mill each spent on Mangold and Dbrick.

your 3rd whoever is left from the Tyler Bray, EJ Manuel, Mike Clennon, Landry Jones group
    added 3rd safety or RB

Sign Erin Henderson to play outside, the jets need a olb that can cover. While he is 28, he does not have many miles. move Davis to the other olb slot. Harris will need to be replaced on 3rd downs. Maybe Dotwin can fill the need for a MLB that can drop in the nickel.

Sanchez starts until the line matures, then throw in the 3rd rd rookie qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Today was the day?
    That's where I skipped to other posts in the thread.