Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: I believe in my heart Sanchez is the guy.

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    This is more than growing pains. Growing pains were the 20 Ints he had in his rookie year. His 2nd year (which happened to be the best of his career) proved that '09 was nothing more than growing pains. What we have seen the last two years for one reason or another is regression, and cannot be sugarcoated in any way.

    Entering this year I was extremely pro-Sanchez as I had seen what he was capable of (see 2010 comeback victories, 2 AFCG appearances). The events of the past month or so have swayed me. Unfortunately, he looks like a deer in the headlights out there. Any chance the Jets have at pulling a playoff berth out of their a$$ comes through one man and one man only: Timothy Richard Tebow
    You just described me as well. I agree 100%.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    If he had any sense of ball security I could give him the benefit of the doubt and blame it on the O Line, lack of receiver corps, or OC. The quantity of key turnovers is inexcusable and has been going on for too long.
    I agree that's troubling, but what is he supposed to do? Eat the ball every time. He's desperately trying to make something happen and he ends up looking bad as a result. The reality is he and anyone else you put in there doesn't have a chance. Sparano is not the answer for this offense. They're as boring and predictable as last year. Sparano is part of the brain trust who felt that we were OK at RT at the beginning of the season.

    Reality is we need a whole new right hand side of the OL.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,195
    First year new system.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    This is more than growing pains. Growing pains were the 20 Ints he had in his rookie year. His 2nd year (which happened to be the best of his career) proved that '09 was nothing more than growing pains. What we have seen the last two years for one reason or another is regression, and cannot be sugarcoated in any way.

    Entering this year I was extremely pro-Sanchez as I had seen what he was capable of (see 2010 comeback victories, 2 AFCG appearances). The events of the past month or so have swayed me. Unfortunately, he looks like a deer in the headlights out there. Any chance the Jets have at pulling a playoff berth out of their a$$ comes through one man and one man only: Timothy Richard Tebow
    With this offense as it stands, I agree.

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The ZONE, Az
    Posts
    952
    now that shotty is gone, in 6 years under sporano and we will be clicking on all cylinders...Just give it a minute.

  6. #26
    He'll be better in the cold weather.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It's funny, read through any post defending Sanchez in the past 2 years, and you'll always see the same defense mechanism: "I'm not saying he's elite, but..." I'm not saying he's playing well this year, but..."

    It's like, "if I write this 'but-statement,' i won't sound like an idiot when I quote all of his horrible stats and and game plays." It's almost a knee-jerk reaction.
    The first couple of years he didn't need any excuses. He's the same guy, but the team around him has changed. Woody, LT, Braylon all gone and what have we replace them with?

  8. #28
    Sanchez looked good there in the third quarter a couple of weeks back against the New England secondary.

    One more year of Jets West could get him over the hump?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    The first couple of years he didn't need any excuses. He's the same guy, but the team around him has changed. Woody, LT, Braylon all gone and what have we replace them with?
    hill the next jerry rice and schillens of course remember many said this was ok.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,842
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Rex says so. He believes it and he doesn't care what you think. So I'm sticking with Rex Ryan. He deserves some respect here. Two count them TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS appearances. Lets Go Rex bring back that Fire
    The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL! Mere appearances in an AFCCG because of a great run game and defense, means zilch!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL! Mere appearances in an AFCCG because of a great run game and defense, means zilch!
    Thank you for that astute observation.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I agree that's troubling, but what is he supposed to do? Eat the ball every time. He's desperately trying to make something happen and he ends up looking bad as a result. The reality is he and anyone else you put in there doesn't have a chance. Sparano is not the answer for this offense. They're as boring and predictable as last year. Sparano is part of the brain trust who felt that we were OK at RT at the beginning of the season.

    Reality is we need a whole new right hand side of the OL.
    If we had all that you talk about re personnel, he will still be hanging his receivers out to get hurt because he is so inaccurate. Its time to face facts!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hill the next jerry rice and schillens of course remember many said this was ok.
    You forgot Austin Howard.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Thank you for that astute observation.
    No problem. I see you slobbering all over yourself so I just thought it would be good to remind you that we play the game to win!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    No problem. I see you slobbering all over yourself so I just thought it would be good to remind you that we play the game to win!
    You certainly know a lot about "slobbering"....but what, exactly? That is the question.....




    Anyway, We play to win the game? Gee....Never heard THAT before...

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Agree 100%. Crap receivers, crap OL, crap RBs and people want to blame Sanchez. I'm not saying he's the greatest, but we can win with him. If people get their wish and we grab a QB early in the draft, this team will be weaker. Let's solidify the OL and OLBs, and get some skill position players.
    Mostly agree. However, what makes you think a rookie QB is a step backwards? Rookie Qbs having been doing better then they used to. Considering where the bar is set with Sanchez I don't think you're taking a step backwards at least not too far. The question becomes what do you want to win? Just getting to the playoffs isn't enough for me anymore.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I agree that's troubling, but what is he supposed to do? Eat the ball every time. He's desperately trying to make something happen and he ends up looking bad as a result. The reality is he and anyone else you put in there doesn't have a chance. Sparano is not the answer for this offense. They're as boring and predictable as last year. Sparano is part of the brain trust who felt that we were OK at RT at the beginning of the season.

    Reality is we need a whole new right hand side of the OL.
    There's no excuse for red zone turnovers. Take the FG.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I agree that's troubling, but what is he supposed to do? Eat the ball every time. He's desperately trying to make something happen and he ends up looking bad as a result. The reality is he and anyone else you put in there doesn't have a chance. Sparano is not the answer for this offense. They're as boring and predictable as last year. Sparano is part of the brain trust who felt that we were OK at RT at the beginning of the season.

    Reality is we need a whole new right hand side of the OL.
    Making a bad thing worse is not a good decision. A fumble instead of a sack is not a good thing despite his intentions. An interception instead of a pass out of bounds is not a good thing. You have to take calculated risks but you need to pick and choose. Have you ever heard of a qb on a traffic light system?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Can we get this guy something to work with already?
    The Manning's, Brees, Rodgers, Ben Roeth all would find ways to succeed if they were the Jets QB

    That said IMO this organization and coaching staff have completely F'd up Sanchez.

    His only hope is a fresh start somewhere else or a Holmgren or Reid type is brought in as HC.

  20. #40
    I believe in my eyes that Sanchez sucks ass.

    Though he may not be the entire problem, he's still a big part of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us