View Poll Results: Sparano or Schotty?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sparano

    17 27.87%
  • Schotty

    44 72.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Sparano or Schotty?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Sparano and I'm really surprised by the poll results. This group of offensive players is dismal on paper, so it's not a surprise that it's dismal on the field as well.
    Is it really that dismal though? At the beginning of the year we were all psyched to see what our young guns could do. Kerley is good, Hill definitely has potential, as does Greene. You don't think that Peyton or Brady would be getting these guys into the Pro Bowl?

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sparano not even a question in my mind. His play calling is 100x better. Fact is Shotty hid Sanchez's short comings and just told him to do short no thrills passes all day. Kinda why it took us 5 years to figure out Sanchez was trash. You can blame Sparano for a lot of things but he at least runs what would be a PRO O. If you even put a average QB on this team we would move the ball at least. Shotty has a good QB right now and still scores less then we do.
    +1. Sparano is infinitely better than Schitty. He has created open guys all over the field, both short and deep. The problem is Mark can't make the throws. Schitthead's offense never had guys running free in the secondary, just the same slants over and over that everyone knew was coming. I will not get into how bad Schitty was again, but now we can be certain Mark is not a starting QB. Sparano's biggest weakness is not knowing what to do with Tebow. This thread is absurd. ABSURD!
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-11-2012 at 11:21 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Is it really that dismal though? At the beginning of the year we were all psyched to see what our young guns could do. Kerley is good, Hill definitely has potential, as does Greene. You don't think that Peyton or Brady would be getting these guys into the Pro Bowl?
    Yes! It is. I said numerous times in the offseason the season ended before it started with the skill position players we had.

    Like many Jets posters on here, plenty of people were excited but I was NEVER buying into that. You can't go into the season with HILL AS YOUR 2ND WR.

    Why the hell did we go after chaz freaking chilens. The guy was never healthy and when he was he was, he was barely an NFL caliber player. He couldnt even crack the field when the Raiders have possibly even worse receivers than us. Yet we went after the guy instead of bringing in a guy like Brandon Lloyd.

    And why did we reach for hill? He flat out sucks. You cant make the argument that he needs more time to develop. You can teach guys how to run routes and adjust to help the QB but not how to freakin catch.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I vote Schotty, can someone explain to why #63 is eligible on 70% of our plays. It seems like the Defense knows what's coming when #63 is eligible.
    Because he may just be good enough to be our #1 receiver. Apparently Cromartie was right when he thought he would be a #1 receiver.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,073
    I'm gonna have to rate Sparano as a slightly higher level of dogsh*t than Schotty....Sporano is a dunce of an OC but I think we've quickly forgotten how God awful it was having Schitty for 6 years and 4 QB's....couldn't do jacksh*t with any of them.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You can blame Sparano for a lot of things but he at least runs what would be a PRO O. .
    Interesting you say that while we rotate QB's .... back up QB comes in to run a 2 yard run up the middle or throw a 8 yard out and then the starter comes back in. Not sure how professional that looks. Not to mention basic blitzes easily creating protection breakdown WITH AN EXTRA BLOCKER. Yeah pro O alright SMH

  7. #27
    Of course the common thread to both Schotty and Sparano was they had Sanchez as their QB.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,343
    Interesting that this thread was created by 3rd time's a charm. I'll go with that.

    The way he uses Tebow is horrible. The way they used Ronnie Brown was great. What's up with that? They finally let Tebow throw, and have him throw the same short pass 3 times in a row. 4th and 1 why are we running a slow developing run over right tackle? Why can't we once throw on first and goal, or 1st down in general? Where is this uptempo thing I heard about? Still more tipping off of the defense with formations. This is a team in need of an ambitious egomaniac, that cannot be swayed by Rex, or the fans/media/owner. Sporano apparently is not that guy.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    They say that the NY market has some of the most Knowledgeable Fans in pro sports, but reading this thread you would be hard press to find evidence of this. Shotty is a moron because his offense was high schoolish. Sparano is a moron because his offense looks worst. Why don't the Jets do this, and why don't the Jets do that.

    The player the HC is forcing down both those coordinators throats as the Point Man for these offenses can't even execute these simple schemes but these men should give him more complicated high energy schemes to run.


    I don't know what scheme Sparano runs,because he never really did this before,but i know what Sanchez ran under Schotty was not what Shotty wanted to run. Favre never had an Offseason under Shotty to learn his scheme and Pennington was a shell of himself under Shotty. Even so,he still managed to have 1 spaqrkling season (his 1st) under Shotty.

    This much i know. Shotty is considered a quality offensive coordinator in NFL circles enough so that he got some looks as a potential HC. Mark Sanchez is not an NFL QB.

  10. #30
    If Sparano gets the thumbs up to use Tebow full time, then we'll really see his creativity

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sparano not even a question in my mind. His play calling is 100x better. Fact is Shotty hid Sanchez's short comings and just told him to do short no thrills passes all day. Kinda why it took us 5 years to figure out Sanchez was trash. You can blame Sparano for a lot of things but he at least runs what would be a PRO O. If you even put a average QB on this team we would move the ball at least. Shotty has a good QB right now and still scores less then we do.
    I guess that includes his one year of starting in college right?

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,385
    Knowing how Woody operates, Schotty will probably be our next head-coach.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    I'd still like to stab his face with a rusty screwdriver.

  14. #34
    Schottenheimer has had A LOT more talent to work with on offense when he was here.

  15. #35

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Knowing how Woody operates, Schotty will probably be our next head-coach.
    Honestly, I have no idea what Schotty is anymore. It is incomprehensible that he somehow had the #1 redzone offense in 2011 with Sanchez at the helm.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea what Schotty is anymore. It is incomprehensible that he somehow had the #1 redzone offense in 2011 with Sanchez at the helm.
    I'll admit that his play-calling drove me crazy at times. But no doubt Sanchez limited his options greatly, and Schotty gained a lot of credit with me for benching Holmes while Rex ignored the problem and continued handing out cuddles to Santonio and Sanchez. Schotty had the guts to address the problem, while Rex continues to ignore this stuff and hopes it all magically corrects itself.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I'll admit that his play-calling drove me crazy at times. But no doubt Sanchez limited his options greatly, and Schotty gained a lot of credit with me for benching Holmes while Rex ignored the problem and continued handing out cuddles to Santonio and Sanchez. Schotty had the guts to address the problem, while Rex continues to ignore this stuff and hopes it all magically corrects itself.
    Rex lives in Rainbowland.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Sparano and I'm really surprised by the poll results. This group of offensive players is dismal on paper, so it's not a surprise that it's dismal on the field as well.
    Good point, but I respectfully disagree. Last year's personnel on offense may have been better, but only just slightly. Sure, the Holmes injury hurts, but last year was also saddled with Plaxico (out of the NFL) and Wayne Hunter (no explanation needed). We've add Hill and few 4th level WRs to make up for injuries, but I don't think this group is that much worse than last year. Same QB, same RB, Hilliard has now replaced Conner, and Austin Howard is a decent upgrade over Hunter.

    I don't know what's wrong on offense except that EVERYTHING looks pretty bad. I voted for Schotty simply because this was a more productive offense under him than it has been under Sparano, not because I think Schotty was anything great.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Knowing how Woody operates, Schotty will probably be our next head-coach.
    He should be.

    He showed the leadership Rex never has. Along time ago, someone told me this and i have never forgotten it. "When you're in command, Command". The Job of a HC is to command his troops, all of them not just part of them. That's why a HC should not be a coordinator on his own team. You don't have the time to spend on any 1 part of the outfit because the other parts lack that leadership.

    GM = Marty Shottenheimer

    HC = Brian Shottenheimer

    OC = Chad Pennington

    DC = Mike Singletary
    Last edited by Tinstar; 11-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us