Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schein Says The Tebow Fix Is In...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Again, the best QB on this team never even dresses. GMac should be given at least a shot, lets make sure he sucks before he moves on to another team.
    I think Tebow is NOT the answer, but Tim deserves at least 2 games to show what he does/doesnt have. All bases should be covered, including GMac.

Tebow against the Rams to me is the play to make.

An away game with a full week of prep. An opponent who gives up 4.3 YPA but has a strong pass rush. This will give Tebow a chance to perform and if the jets win, some confidence and it should energize a large portion of the fan base

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Now that it's too late to matter ... who cares?

Trade Tebow, start McElroy, burn #6 jerseys.
    Exactly, the team is 3-6 and the season is OVER. Does it really matter who is playing QB right now? The future QB of the Jets is not on this roster right now. The smart thing would to be to see what McElroy can do so they can go into next season knowing what they have in him.

NFL is a MACHINE!!! U cant stop it. NBA is run the same way... It is wa it is.. A BUSINESS for the rich and a form of entertainment for the average fan who is dilusional and loves football like me.. think bout it!!! Grown men playin little kiddie games with billions of $$$ thrown around...

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's funny, SAR posted the same thing at 7:00 PM.

But Woody's not doing it for the PR; he's doing it because the stadium will have 40,000 empty seats if he starts Sanchez at 3-7. Starting Tebow creates a reason for season ticket holders to go and people out in TV-land to tune in.

SAR I
    I think this is a bit off base timeline wise. The Jets have nowhere to go to, and they're not going to have cap flexibility to do anything else for next year either.

So if the Tebow Woody fix is in, it will be just before the 2nd half of the Thanksgiving game after Sanchez soils the bed for another 6 quarters.

That will be enough to keep TV's tunes in around the country, and then give 10 days to turn him over the offense. Then their hope will be that Tebow can finish the season strong, win a couple of meaningless games, and sell him on the fanbase as the QB for next season.

That's where this is going, nobody's going to buy it but the religious right among Jet fans locally.

Of course in typical Jets quagmire fashion, Teblow will probably get concussed, McElroy will play well, and this circus might get another year.

I hope I am wrong.

All Pro
    SEA WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD throwing motion: "(It) was the worst. I thought we had traded for Tebow for a second." #nyj

The Unwatchable

Literally. Put in Tebow. Not because he's better but because it's something different. Sanchez got outplayed by midget R&B star Russell Wilson.

Sanchez is THE UNWATCHABLE.

You can't criticize Tebow's lack of ability to throw when he has the size and running ability that he does while Sanchez can't throw, can't run, and just looks defeated every time the camera's on him.

The shame of it is that our defense looks subpar when the truth is they honestly, outside of the Niners game, haven't been awful. No defense can stay on the field like that for that amount of time.

It's appalling.

For the love of God, for the sake of us who still unfortunately have season tickets for this perpetually disappointing football team, please put in Tebow. At least give us something different. It's been 4 years of the same crap with Sanchez now and he's obviously Tim Couch/Joey Harrington.

You want to stay glued to him like the Lions were glued to Harrington? I sure as hell don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    SEA WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD throwing motion: "(It) was the worst. I thought we had traded for Tebow for a second." #nyj

Got nothing to lose at this point. Tim is a trash QB, but at least it's somewhat funny and mildly entertaining when he plays. With Sanchez, you just feel depressed.

Hopefully we can rid ourselves of both of these clowns in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I think we all asked ourselves "why the hell was this move made." Everyone speculated a million diff reasons. After watching this team play 9 games I'm even more confused as to why they made it. Is he here to push Sanchez? Is he here to start incase Sanchez flops? Is he here for spiritual guidance? Is he here only for the Wildcat? Is he here for goaline situations?

I don't even think the first 9 games answer any of these questions. What the hell is this guy here for? Why did we waste a pick on this guy when we could have gotten a receiver, a RB or somebody else.
    I wasn't confused--I was pretty happy about the deal.

We got a better qb then mark Sanchez for next to nothing that's young with a great contract.

Ryan's inability to play the best player is his worst fault. It might be ugly but tebow will win us more games then mark. It's what he does

The quicker The Unwatchable get sat for Tebow, the quicker Woody can have his infatuation appeased and the quicker this team can get its priorities straight.

Regardless, we're looking at a solid 3-4 year period of being terrible.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

We got a better qb then mark Sanchez for next to nothing that's young with a great contract.
    Ryan's inability to play the best player is his worst fault. It might be ugly but tebow will win us more games then mark. It's what he does
    That is why you are perplexed:
    1) Tebow is not seen as a NFL starter by very many NFL coaches b/c he is not accurate enough.
    2) As bad as Sanchize plays, the coaches know that Tebow is NOT BETTER.
    3) Tebow lucked into the playoffs behind a great defense and a strong running game at Denver. His own coaches could not wait to get rid of him!!

Why - TEBOW SUCKS.

The problem with the Tebow trade was that it cost the Jets valuable cap space and Drew Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

Ryan's inability to play the best player is his worst fault. It might be ugly but will win us more games then mark. It's what he does
    You mean it's what Matt Prater does.

Jets Insider VIP
    This. If tebow starts from day 1 and we run an offense he excells in, we are probably 6-3 right now.

But going to tebow now is not an option. Let sanchez play it out and end up 3-13 with a great draft pick.

I dont want tebow going in and wining 3 or 4 games and screwing this great draft pick up.

It's pretty obvious that Tebow's being held back to be next year's savior. This team is about marketing...not winning.

They can't have Teblow playing himself out of next year's job. It's just too early.

Another thing Schein said was that Woody went to the league and crusaded to have the Jets play on Thanksgiving 3 years ago to get more exposure. I knew Woody is an attention whore but I didn't know he actually did this. The whole Jets F O and owner are getting what they deserve for having their priorities so far out of whack.

The "Tebow sucks" mantra really doesn't resonate when we're 3-6.

Sanchez has the lowest passing % in the NFL - and that's not even the worst part of his game (red zone retardation and turnovers).

Nothing is more important than ending the SanchezSh*tShow.
    Last edited by sackdance; 11-12-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    That is why you are perplexed:
    1) Sanchez is not seen as a NFL starter by very many NFL coaches b/c he is not accurate enough.
    2) As bad as Tebow plays, the coaches know that Sanchez is Rex' butt buddy
    3) Sanchez lucked into the playoffs behind a great defense and a strong running game his first two years. Rex can not wait to date him!!

SANCHEZ SUCKS.

The problem with the Tebow trade is that the Jets staff doesn't know what to do with his talent and don't realize that MCelroy is the perfect backup
    More accurate now

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    No one counted on how bad Sanchez would suck this year. And don't forget, in the wake of opening day's win at Buffalo there was a short period when we began to forget Tebow was on the team. But there is no defense for Sanchez's play or excuse needed to play Tebow or even McElroy. (I say "even" because to rate him over Tebow is idiocy. Tebow handled a sh*tton of pressure on his back last year like a champ and delivered.)

What exactly did he "deliver"? Pizza?

Oh wait! You're talking about him delivering a late game-winning TD drive against our Crappy Team Defense that couldn't stop a nosebleed, right?

Or maybe you meant him sucking ass for 56 minutes against other teams while his DEFENSE basically had to pitch a friggin' SHUTOUT to enable him to have his late LONE Good Drive of the day that just happens to be the game-winner?

Teblow is NOT the answer no matter what Demos and Vinnie say. Put Greg McElroy in so we can see what a REAL QB can do.

EDIT : It's always nice to leave others speechless because I'm 100% correct.
    Last edited by Vin; 11-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.