Thread: Trade Sanchez for any QB?

Trade Sanchez for any QB?

Would it be worth trying to trade Sanchez for any QB at all, even one that wouldn't have a realistic chance of doing much for us? I don't think any other team would take his existing contract, but maybe if Sanchez had a chance to go to another team he might be willing to restructure. Otherwise he has to know that his career will be over after sitting on the bench here for a year and a half before getting cut. Would he give up some guaranteed money to get one last shot at being an NFL QB?

trade him to arizona for a 5th if it isnt to high, hes better then the crap they have and theres some weapons there

Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia View Post
    trade him to arizona for a 5th if it isnt to high, hes better then the crap they have and theres some weapons there
    5th, 7th, a bag of footballs, whatever. He has no incentive to restructure with us, but maybe in a trade. Any trade.

No player ever gives away money. It just doesn't happen.

The Jets have to either stick with him through next year or take that huge cap hit next year. No other solution.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Would it be worth trying to trade Sanchez for any QB at all, even one that wouldn't have a realistic chance of doing much for us? I don't think any other team would take his existing contract, but maybe if Sanchez had a chance to go to another team he might be willing to restructure. Otherwise he has to know that his career will be over after sitting on the bench here for a year and a half before getting cut. Would he give up some guaranteed money to get one last shot at being an NFL QB?
    O RLY?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    There's nobody I would take over Sanchez. Not because he's the best right now, or because he'll ever be the greatest of all time. But he's young and on his way up. The Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. are all old men. They have more playing time behind them than ahead of them. This team needs a long-term base, built around Mark Sanchez. Not a flash-in-the-pan quarterback that could win us a few more games this year and then ride off into retirement.

Rex Ryan.
    Mark Sanchez.

These are the future of the New York Jets. GET USED TO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    O RLY?
    I've accepted a few things. Sanchez is a loser, Ryan is a clown. The faster we rid ourselves of them, along with many others, the better. When the very core of something - its essence - is putrid and rotten, it's too late to merely heal it. You have to scrape it out and replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia View Post
    I think Mark would excel having Fitzgerald to throw to much like he excelled having Braylon to throw to.....And Fitzgerald is EONS better than the Dougie-Master.

Of course, that will never happen and we'll be stuck with Mark for another year but it's nice to dream....

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is not trade-able. Why?

1. He sucks
    2. He has an awful contract.

He is not a "change of scenery" player either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im sure many franchises are looking at the tape and saying, "Wow! We have to get Mark Sanchez!"

Don't think it can happen......all the really good H.S QB's have already committed.