Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do we collectively force Woodys hand?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Funny how SOJ is universal.....
    Read the words above my avatar. So sad watching, and hearing, my son (he's 14 years-old) continue to hope for a comeback in yesterday's "game". I didn't have the heart to tell him that, as long as he's a Jet fan, his spirit will be shattered every season until he finds himself as an old, bitter fan as his old man.

SOJ. Another year down the tubes.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Question for the board. I like the rest of most of you guys have season passes and love my Jets. I do not believe change is coming from Woody in the way of firing Tannenbaum and Rex. If thats his disposition has there ever been a fan base that has protested successfully a team for change? If I get a few of my season ticket holders to not show up, it wouldn't be enough for him to notice. Signs at games are rarely noticed. What would it take to make Woody take notice and make some collective change?

I've thought about creating a FB page asking for the collective firing of Tannenbaum and a change at QB with the thought that if a major network picks it up it may gain traction.

What do you think?
    Woody made his money on the PSL's, it's a done deal. I would imagine he doesn't rely to much on season ticket holders or he wouldn't have given them away for free, or he knew at least enough would show up upstairs either way I don't think it will break him. PSL's are a lock.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Read the words above my avatar. So sad watching, and hearing, my son (he's 14 years-old) continue to hope for a comeback in yesterday's "game". I didn't have the heart to tell him that, as long as he's a Jet fan, his spirit will be shattered every season until he finds himself as an old, bitter fan as his old man.

Being down by 7 for 3 entire quarters, yeah I guess that would be a comeback,..........for the Jets.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody loves publicity. this is why he puts up and supports Rex's bravado and this is why he asked to trade for Tebow. Let's organize something and give him publicity.

Like someone mentioned above, putting an ad up on the NY Daily News will be picked up by everyone in the local/national media. Simply embarass them. That will put everyone on notice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Being down by 7 for 3 entire quarters, yeah I guess that would be a comeback,..........for the Jets.
    Exactly what I'm talking about. All but those intimately familiar with the SOJ credo: "Our aim is to embarrass ourselves on the field whilst producing confounding losses", knew we'd never score a point on offense yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I woke up this morning, went into my kitchen where my 12 year old son was eating breakfast, he asked me why I made him a Jet fan. I told him he can kick me square in the nuts if he wanted to. He told me he will wait until he is older so it will hurt more...LOL. So I have that to look forward to.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear Woody is planning a ticket price increase for all the suckers who purchased PSL'S. Woody believes the lack of success on the field is directly tied to the fans not giving him more of their money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I woke up this morning, went into my kitchen where my 12 year old son was eating breakfast, he asked me why I made him a Jet fan. I told him he can kick me square in the nuts if he wanted to. He told me he will wait until he is older so it will hurt more...LOL. So I have that to look forward to.
    LOL!! Kudos to your son. He gets it.

101, what have we done to our sons? Another generation of exasperation and torment.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenandWhiteHeart View Post
    Woody loves publicity. this is why he puts up and supports Rex's bravado and this is why he asked to trade for Tebow. Let's organize something and give him publicity.

Like someone mentioned above, putting an ad up on the NY Daily News will be picked up by everyone in the local/national media. Simply embarass them. That will put everyone on notice.
    we can do this.

the ad should be organized here from this forum and written by someone with good writing skills maybe someone in advertising and be signed jetsinsider.com members and fans.

woody wants all good publicity its time we hit him with some bad and wake his dumb rich ass up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!! Kudos to your son. He gets it.

101, what have we done to our sons? Another generation of exasperation and torment.
    I actually feel bad. I do. My wife calls it a form of child abuse.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we can do this.

the ad should be organized here from this forum and written by someone with good writing skills maybe someone in advertising and be signed jetsinsider.com members and fans.

woody wants all good publicity its time we hit him with some bad and wake his dumb rich ass up.
    PM SOOTH. He has an "in" with Jay Mohr, the perfect person to write the letter. Actually, maybe Jay and SAR I can collaborate on the wording of the missive or finally meet up on Jay's podcast to criticize Woody via spoken word.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what I'm talking about. All but those intimately familiar with the SOJ credo: "Our aim is to embarrass ourselves on the field whilst producing confounding losses", knew we'd never score a point on offense yesterday.
    The thing is that nothing has changed, this team has been a .500 team since day one with Sanchez with flashes of success here and there and that was with much better personnel. No big surprise here, we are young and getting younger and have been playing with 1 phase and still in games into the 3rd quarter. If they can turn this tanker around gain some players and experience we will be in the hunt next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I'm thinking a newspaper ad is cheaper than a billboard and probably gets more publicity. I used to work in the ad business. I'll get back to the group to see how much $$$$ and who potentially wants to participate.
    Correct. A billboard is a min. 3 month buy and probably in the neighborhood of $25,000 per month near the stadium. A full page ad in the Post, ran for about $35,000 several years ago. Not sure what it would be today with ever declining circulation, but probably not far from that number. NY Times? fuggetaboutit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we can do this.

Its very expensive. I believe a full page New York times ad is over $25K.

The play is to put it on a smaller site (like barstoolsports) and hope that the national media picks it up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you make a billionaire budge, you don't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Its very expensive. I believe a full page New York times ad is over $25K.

The play is to put it on a smaller site (like barstoolsports) and hope that the national media picks it up.
    More than three times that for NY Times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    How do you make a billionaire budge, you don't.
    +1

And Woody is a billionaire who hardly worked for his money. No way in hell he gives a crap what a bunch of peons like us thinks about him or anything he's doing with HIS team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firemiketannenbaum View Post
    Jets fans don't read they Times....

They read Newsday....
    Stop it. Does that rag even exist any more?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turkey bags on fans heads for Thanksgiving....with big J&J shampoo signs saying "No More Tears"!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    Turkey bags on fans heads for Thanksgiving....with big J&J shampoo signs saying "No More Tears"!