Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we collectively force Woodys hand?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How do we collectively force Woodys hand?

Question for the board. I like the rest of most of you guys have season passes and love my Jets. I do not believe change is coming from Woody in the way of firing Tannenbaum and Rex. If thats his disposition has there ever been a fan base that has protested successfully a team for change? If I get a few of my season ticket holders to not show up, it wouldn't be enough for him to notice. Signs at games are rarely noticed. What would it take to make Woody take notice and make some collective change?

I've thought about creating a FB page asking for the collective firing of Tannenbaum and a change at QB with the thought that if a major network picks it up it may gain traction.

What do you think?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Wasn't it Bengals fans (I forget the team) that bought a billboard?

I say we setup a billboard right on Rt. 3 outside the stadium.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody collectively default on your PSL loans & season ticket payments and start boycotting the games.

Of course that will never happen, so, we are stuck with him.

Fortunately for me, my investment in this team is mostly emotional other then the occasional Jets Jersey & ballcap I buy, so, I just have to deal with the disappointment of falling short week after week, year in and year out.

If I were paying what some of you are for PSL's and season tickets, I would probably have a bleeding ulcer by now and put a hit out on Woody Johnson for stealing my money every year....LOL.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 11-12-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody have his cell phone number?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much is a billboard? I'm sure we can get enough contributors for it if its reasonable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted on the Jets website:

As a life long Jet fan I am disgusted about the product that Woody Johnson is putting on the field. I blame the talent that constituted as a team which comparably less than most above average teams in this league. Last years 8-8 record along with the apparent loosing season we are heading in leads me to believe that major changes are needed. The first stop is a Franchise QB. We haven't had one of those since Pennington. Fans are tired of the same story from Rex and Tannenbaum. And in many a fans opinion the GM has failed miserably in stocking talent on this team. In any normal job in the world when you fail this bad with draft picks like Gholston and Sanchez your fired and new people are brought in to bring about change, why not here?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blow off some steam if you want but Woody isn't doing anything unless the seats are unsold (empty doesn't matter) and he is losing money. Plain and simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Question for the board. I like the rest of most of you guys have season passes and love my Jets. I do not believe change is coming from Woody in the way of firing Tannenbaum and Rex. If thats his disposition has there ever been a fan base that has protested successfully a team for change? If I get a few of my season ticket holders to not show up, it wouldn't be enough for him to notice. Signs at games are rarely noticed. What would it take to make Woody take notice and make some collective change?

I've thought about creating a FB page asking for the collective firing of Tannenbaum and a change at QB with the thought that if a major network picks it up it may gain traction.

What do you think?
    Organize a mass suicide of Jets fans?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Organize a mass suicide of Jets fans?
    OK. You first, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    OK. You first, though.
    I'm game. If it'll help us force Woody's hand, I think any Jets fan worth their salt would be willing to do whatever it takes. Who's with me!!???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well he does have a twitter. https://twitter.com/woodyjohnson4

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Launch SAR I's BMW off of the upper deck?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already know what the offseason will be. Here it is...

-Woody will keep Tanny. Probably give him an extension just to show his loyalty.
    -Woody will fire Rex.
    -And then Woody will hire Mike McCoy to be head coach with the promise that he'll play Tebow at starting QB.

You better believe it. That's our Jets next year, better get ready now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have gone to the darkside after this great Rex debacle. The guy is going from king of the hill to 4th year has-been real fast. His checks are all about to bounce this year and that means he's on borrowed time. He's on way overdue time for most Jets fans here already. Its all about the coaching. The talent is there. He just can't, won't, or doesn't know how to, harnass it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    I have gone to the darkside after this great Rex debacle. The guy is going from king of the hill to 4th year has-been real fast. His checks are all about to bounce this year and that means he's on borrowed time. He's on way overdue time for most Jets fans here already. Its all about the coaching. The talent is there. He just can't, won't, or doesn't know how to, harnass it.
    You know, I think you're right. Some of our players have the potential to be effective RIGHT NOW. It just seems like they're not getting the coaching to improve. Rex is in over his head. Send Sparano back to the fins. Draft us a new head coach next year - if only we could draft HC's like we do the rest of the team!

LOL - it would be really fun to see coaches compete at the combine. What would you have them do for their skills tests?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We only need to convince one insane Jet fan to light himself on fire , budist monk style before the Thanksgiving night game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, if a bunch stayed home on Thanksgiving and empty seats are seen on TV that would send a message. I am ending my home game streak (since 2003) that night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Yeah, if a bunch stayed home on Thanksgiving and empty seats are seen on TV that would send a message. I am ending my home game streak (since 2003) that night.
    Everybody sell your thankgiving tickets to Pats fans. I will in all likelihood anyway since jets fans don't want my extra tickets.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post

What do you think?
    When are you going to realize that once you committed to be a Jet fan you signed up for a lifetime of misery and pain. You can't change it, no matter how hard you try. The fix is in. The day Johnson bought this team from the other loser Hess and his lackey Gutman our fate was further sealed.

I think deep deep down we are all masochists anyway. You have to be in order to deal with this crap.

As my son reminds me at least I have 1969.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get the word out with an airplane message or a billboard or a newspaper ad.

If that's too much, collectively (as many as possible) boycott the home games and the concessions.