Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How do we collectively force Woodys hand?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only things that fans can do are paper bags and doing a "White" out where the fans just a wear a large T-shirt on the outside. Both would be commented on by the media and would not ask fans that paid big money to attend not to show and kiss off that money.

When the pats sucked in '91 there was not enough fans in the stands to stage a protest. People were able to vote by not purchasing a ticket.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Correct. A billboard is a min. 3 month buy and probably in the neighborhood of $25,000 per month near the stadium. A full page ad in the Post, ran for about $35,000 several years ago. Not sure what it would be today with ever declining circulation, but probably not far from that number. NY Times? fuggetaboutit.
    Just got feedback from the NY Daily News. A full page ad costs $28k for M-F - Sat & Sunday it costs $25k. Half Pages are exactly half the costs of a full page ad. In this economy we won't get $12-15k from this forum.

What about a facebook page? Maybe we can send it out to Cimini hoping it gets traction in the news?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we collectively force Woodys hand?
    You don't. You can't. Ask Buffalo, Dallas, Cincinnati, or Oakland:

You are stuck with a crappy owner. That's all there is to it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    People should just blow off the next game and spend Turkey Day with their families. I plan on ending my streak of home games that night. This has become a complete joke... Not even going to sell my tix either. Would rather the seats are empty... Pats could very well win that game 35-7...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    How do you make a billionaire budge, you don't.
    I disgaree. The way you get a billionaire's attention is to hit him where it hurts, and that's in the pocket book.

The NFL is sucessful because they have been able to transpose their product into something that is as American as apple pie.
    And that's all thanks to BRANDING.
    Branding, at its best, transforms organizations so that they are capable of creating, nurturing and sustaining mutually profitable relationships with people.

Woody needs to understand that his Brand has been hurt thanks to the all the decisions that this front office has taken.

We each should simply mail Woody one Jet paraphanelia with a note to Woody:

Dear Woody, as a long-time Jet fan, i'm returning to you one of your items simply because i cannot proudly display your colors in public anymore.
    I don't plan on buying anymore of your products until you make bringing back any sense of respectibility a top priority.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do I even waste my time going to the Thanksgiving night game? Maybe I'll just get lubed up in the parking lot and roll in there with the paper bag over my head.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    People should just blow off the next game and spend Turkey Day with their families. I plan on ending my streak of home games that night. This has become a complete joke... Not even going to sell my tix either. Would rather the seats are empty... Pats could very well win that game 35-7...
    Doing what you propose is a hardship that is borne just by season ticket holders. If you and like minded STH just don't show the team will spin it as a holiday to the media. If there are 25,000 white tshirts in the stands and 15,000 patriot fans, there will be no spinning.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How 'bout a petition?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take the following steps

1) Demand a recount of the last election's votes.
    2) Stuff the ballot boxes and declare Romney the winner.
    3) Pay Romney to make Woody the Ambassador to Iraq on condition of surrendering control of the team to Skip Bayless (he knows everything )

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Question for the board. I like the rest of most of you guys have season passes and love my Jets. I do not believe change is coming from Woody in the way of firing Tannenbaum and Rex. If thats his disposition has there ever been a fan base that has protested successfully a team for change? If I get a few of my season ticket holders to not show up, it wouldn't be enough for him to notice. Signs at games are rarely noticed. What would it take to make Woody take notice and make some collective change?

I've thought about creating a FB page asking for the collective firing of Tannenbaum and a change at QB with the thought that if a major network picks it up it may gain traction.

What do you think?
    One of the best posters on the board. I love it Brick! I just think its more the owner than anything else with the HC a close second.

Tannebaum was a much more successful GM before Woody created this circus. Moving up to get Revis and Harris, Mangold, Ferguson, Brad Smith, Cotchery, Leon Johnson, trading for Braylon Edwards were all great moves.

Its not until "Hard Knocks" Woody Johnson became totally meddling that the moves have become maddening. I dont think anyone of us can measure what an adverse affect trading for Tim Tebow was on the development in such a pivotal year for Mark Sanchez and wasted draft picks that could have been used on offensive weapons. How else can you explain mark Sanchez being successful his first two seasons and getting progressively worse?

From my point of view it's Woody that needs to hear that fans are fed up with him. Woody Johnson messed all this up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I agree, all you SOJFs definitely "should":

Default on your PSLs and ruin your credit rating
    Go into games naked and get exposure instead of wearing warm Jets gear
    Don't sell your tickets to other fans and lose all the $ paid
    Waste $ on an ad no one will see when you could
    Tweet/FaceBook your protest for a fraction of the cost
    maybe the PennySaver is your best bet

The irony of it all, some of you crybabies will "make" your kids
    sympathetic to a certain political affiliation built on class envy and mooching off others-
    a far worse "child abuse" than "making" them Jets fans.

Perspective, it's sorely needed in this and every thread like it
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody will never get the message. Even if he cleans house with this organization, all he'll do is replace incompetent people with a new set of incompetent people.

Unless he throws a ton of money at proven winning HC, who the hell would want to come here at this point and work for this guy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Woody will never get the message. Even if he cleans house with this organization, all he'll do is replace incompetent people with a new set of incompetent people.

Unless he throws a ton of money at proven winning HC, who the hell would want to come here at this point and work for this guy?
    Quite telling how Bellicheck and Parcells left our building so quickly after Woody Johnson bought the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question for the board. I like the rest of most of you guys have season passes and love my Jets. I do not believe change is coming from Woody in the way of firing Tannenbaum and Rex. If thats his disposition has there ever been a fan base that has protested successfully a team for change? If I get a few of my season ticket holders to not show up, it wouldn't be enough for him to notice. Signs at games are rarely noticed. What would it take to make Woody take notice and make some collective change?

I've thought about creating a FB page asking for the collective firing of Tannenbaum and a change at QB with the thought that if a major network picks it up it may gain traction.

What do you think?
    stop going to the games, will get the part of Woody's attention that caused him to to waste everyone's time on Timmy TeBLOW

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    One of the best posters on the board. I love it Brick! I just think its more the owner than anything else with the HC a close second.

Tannebaum was a much more successful GM before Woody created this circus. Moving up to get Revis and Harris, Mangold, Ferguson, Brad Smith, Cotchery, Leon Johnson, trading for Braylon Edwards were all great moves.

Agreed...this is some evidence that Mangini was a BIG help to the personnel side. I assume you meant Leon Washington BTW.

I also agree that parcells and BB knew that working for Woody was a joke and bailed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first stop is a Franchise QB. We haven't had one of those since Pennington.
    Pennington is not nor has he EVER been a Franchise QB.

He was selected as the Jets QB because he was the ONLY QB available around during that draft.

That's kind of like being picked last in gym class. lol.

Or being picked on a team with you being the only member. lol...again.
    Last edited by Vin; 11-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Pennington is not nor has he EVER been a Franchise QB.

He was selected as the Jets QB because he was the ONLY QB available around during that draft.

That's kind of like being picked last in gym class. lol.

Or being picked on a team with you being the only member. lol...again.

Pennington's 2002 season numbers were franchise. In fact, that was one of the most efficient seasons by a QB ever. He had a 68% completion percentage, 22 TD's and 8 picks.

He was injured in 2003 in the pre-season with a non-displaced fracture on his non-throwing wrist, which was VITAL to him due to so much of his success predicated on the ability to play fake off Martin. The rushed rehab was the beginning of the end, as his numbers were relatively pedestrian (in context: They would have been a career year for Sanchez.)

2004 was the first shoulder injury. 2005 was the 2nd rotator cuff tear. 2006 was another very solid year, all things considered.

2007 again was pretty solid, statistically (amazing how much better he looks in the relatively statistically pedestrian years of 2006 and 2007 compared to the past 4 with Sanchez) then 2008 was Favre.

Pennington in 2002, in his only fully healthy year with a decent supporting cast, left no reason for anybody to think that he would be anything less than a franchise QB. There was no reason to doubt him.

Pennington's statistics were very similar to what Matt Ryan has done prior to this year: Not huge yardage totals, but solid, and incredible completion percentages and efficiency overall (very high passer rating.)

It's just that Chad got hurt. Just like Vinny got hurt in 1998. The two most recent franchise QB's we've had.

Vinny was one of the top QB's in the NFL prior to that fateful Achilles' pop in game 1 of the 1998 season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paper bags with sad faces are always funny & always get TV time when the cameras scan the fans!
    Thousands of them would be really funny & especially embarrassing to these egotists running our franchise into the ground again.
    I'd laugh my azz off seeing 25,000 bag head Jet fans voicing their displeasure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Pennington's 2002 season numbers were franchise. In fact, that was one of the most efficient seasons by a QB ever. He had a 68% completion percentage, 22 TD's and 8 picks.

He was injured in 2003 in the pre-season with a non-displaced fracture on his non-throwing wrist, which was VITAL to him due to so much of his success predicated on the ability to play fake off Martin. The rushed rehab was the beginning of the end, as his numbers were relatively pedestrian (in context: They would have been a career year for Sanchez.)

2004 was the first shoulder injury. 2005 was the 2nd rotator cuff tear. 2006 was another very solid year, all things considered.

2007 again was pretty solid, statistically (amazing how much better he looks in the relatively statistically pedestrian years of 2006 and 2007 compared to the past 4 with Sanchez) then 2008 was Favre.

Pennington in 2002, in his only fully healthy year with a decent supporting cast, left no reason for anybody to think that he would be anything less than a franchise QB. There was no reason to doubt him.

Pennington's statistics were very similar to what Matt Ryan has done prior to this year: Not huge yardage totals, but solid, and incredible completion percentages and efficiency overall (very high passer rating.)

It's just that Chad got hurt. Just like Vinny got hurt in 1998. The two most recent franchise QB's we've had.

Vinny was one of the top QB's in the NFL prior to that fateful Achilles' pop in game 1 of the 1998 season.
    Fair point but here's a question for you :

Would 2002 Chad be able to play well with this current group of Jags that Mark plays with?

And I'm referring to the JAG's at WR and a broken-down Shonn Greene.....

'Cause you like you mentioned : "Pennington in 2002, in his only fully healthy year with a decent supporting cast"

This current cast is far from "decent".

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    I disgaree. The way you get a billionaire's attention is to hit him where it hurts, and that's in the pocket book.

The NFL is sucessful because they have been able to transpose their product into something that is as American as apple pie.
    And that's all thanks to BRANDING.
    Branding, at its best, transforms organizations so that they are capable of creating, nurturing and sustaining mutually profitable relationships with people.

Woody needs to understand that his Brand has been hurt thanks to the all the decisions that this front office has taken.

We each should simply mail Woody one Jet paraphanelia with a note to Woody:

Dear Woody, as a long-time Jet fan, i'm returning to you one of your items simply because i cannot proudly display your colors in public anymore.
    I don't plan on buying anymore of your products until you make bringing back any sense of respectibility a top priority.
    What did J&J profit last year?