Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we collectively force Woodys hand?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Everybody sell your thankgiving tickets to Pats fans. I will in all likelihood anyway since jets fans don't want my extra tickets.
    We have had our Thanksgiving tickets for sale for a while, moreso because its too difficult to make it work with the whole day.

Anyway....barring Rex putting tebow in as the starter for that game, I cant see how there wont be a ton of empty seats there but I also dont think that will make a difference to our idiot owner.

The only way he will see the error of what a terrible organization he has put together is PSL defaults and the ensuing coverage.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the best answer to all the questions is for someone to write a letter and then have as many fans sign it. As a lifelong Jet fan who has been through many losing seasons and debacles the buck stops with Woody's loyalty to Tannebaum. We can't get rid of Woody so we first must start with Tannebaum. This is how the rest of the year should go:

1. Fire Tannebaum and I mean NOW!!! We can all list the many failures of this man. Just this year alone many things stand out.
    A. The fact that Mark Sanchez is guaranteed for next year.
    B. Last week alone. I don't get what Tannebaum is doing. He decides to cut running back John Grimes thinking that both Powell and McKnight are healthy. They sign a 5th backup guard and McKnight was not healthy and the team is left with 2rbs and 1fb. Powell gets nicked and Greene is left to carry the load. Can anyone tell me why we needed a fifth guard and not another rb.
    C. I'm not going to get into ever having a legitimate backup for Sanchez, the cap situation, the lack of depth, and the poor drafting. We already know about that.

2. Give Mcelroy a chance. We've seen what Sanchez can do. His confidence is shot and it is time to make a change. No need to look at Tebow. We know what he can and can't do and I don't want to see the offense go backwards.

3. The coaching staff needs to go. Though I do not think Rex is that bad of a coach and that most of this falls on Tannebaum not giving him the people he needs to succeed he has lost the fan base and possibly the team. The team is 3 and 9 in their last 12 and it is time the Jets bring in a coach who has been to a Super Bowl and can bring respect once he steps through the door. It would also be nice to bring in someone with an offensive mindset since we haven't brought one in since Kotite and we won't go there.

Overall being a Jet fan has been very tough with some highs through the years. Hopefully Woody will do what's right for the team and find the best football guy to run it and have that person bring in the best coach to coach it. The joys of a Jet fan you have to love it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way to really get Woody to make big changes in this organization is to boycott the games and refrain from purchasing tickets or PSLs.

Believe me that will get his attention.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Yeah, if a bunch stayed home on Thanksgiving and empty seats are seen on TV that would send a message. I am ending my home game streak (since 2003) that night.
    i am doing the same. the tickets will go unused and the 4 seats will be empty.

this organization isnt for the fans in any way shape or form.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Get the word out with an airplane message or a billboard or a newspaper ad.

If that's too much, collectively (as many as possible) boycott the home games and the concessions.
    I'm thinking a newspaper ad is cheaper than a billboard and probably gets more publicity. I used to work in the ad business. I'll get back to the group to see how much $$$$ and who potentially wants to participate.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I'm thinking a newspaper ad is cheaper than a billboard and probably gets more publicity. I used to work in the ad business. I'll get back to the group to see how much $$$$ and who potentially wants to participate.
    that is a great idea and would make all others news media outlets as well. im sure espn would be all over that. embarrass woody rex and tanny once and for all. give me an address where to send the donation. thanks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Small planes making numerous passes over MetLife with banners reading: "WOODY, YOU AND THE JETS ARE A JOKE", "WOODY'S FOLLY: SIGNING TEBOW", "WOODY'S DREAM: HEADLINES AND GREED OVER WINS AND HONOR", "WOODY: FORGET OWNING THE JETS, GO BACK TO COUNTING YOUR MONEY, PUTZ", "FIRE EVERYBODY, ESPECIALLY OUR DUNCE OF AN OWNER", etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Small planes making numerous passes over MetLife with banners reading: "WOODY, YOU AND THE JETS ARE A JOKE", "WOODY'S FOLLY: SIGNING TEBOW", "WOODY'S DREAM: HEADLINES AND GREED OVER WINS AND HONOR", "WOODY: FORGET OWNING THE JETS, GO BACK TO COUNTING YOUR MONEY, PUTZ", "FIRE EVERYBODY, ESPECIALLY OUR DUNCE OF AN OWNER", etc.
    air space restrictions wont allow this ever since 9/11 you cant fly over or near stadiums.

an ad in the daily news and nypost would be better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    air space restrictions wont allow this ever since 9/11 you cant fly over or near stadiums.

Thanks for going with the bit, Mr. Functionality.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well are we for real or are we just talking **** here? lets organize something that is actually doable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's have a car wash for peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOJY_p0JwI

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Break out the paper bags.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the Thanksgiving game. Every Jets fan should sit out the first quarter. When asked why the the fans can speak to the press.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    well are we for real or are we just talking **** here? lets organize something that is actually doable.
    There is no "real". Woody Johnson is a billionaire who could give two s hits about public sentiment, no matter the number of disgruntled fans.

Not that he needs the money, but every year, the NFL hands him a massive check from the TV contract. (Ticket sales are just extra gravy.) The Jets could be playing to an empty MetLife and it would not matter one iota to that pompous dolt. Don't waste your time trying to sway his opinion/actions because they are futile and pointless.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0...kotomFa_OuM0Cw

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no "real". Woody Johnson is a billionaire who could give two s hits about public sentiment, no matter the number of disgruntled fans.

Not that he needs the money, but every year, the NFL hands him a massive check from the TV contract. (Ticket sales are just extra gravy.) The Jets could be playing to an empty MetLife and it would not matter one iota to that pompous dolt. Don't waste your time trying to sway his opinion/actions because they are futile and pointless.
    imagine the media exposure if jets fans took out a full page ad in the daily news or nypost.

we have to start somewhere otherwise you are right woody can careless and its business as usual.

we need to send a message some way or some how. this team and organization sucks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a former season ticket holder (given up this year) since 1966 and fan since the Polo Grounds this management group has made the current team one of our worst.They are unwatchable.Rex is predictable and Sporano is clueless (as we should have known from his Fins record) .Woody isn't listening to his most important focus group -the fans.Having suffered through so many years in the wilderness we must continue to wander and yet be fans (shorter for fanatics) .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagine the media exposure if jets fans took out a full page ad in the daily news or nypost.

we have to start somewhere otherwise you are right woody can careless and its business as usual.

we need to send a message some way or some how. this team and organization sucks.
    Best of luck with the effort. I applaud, and respect, your passion. But after nearly 50 years of watching the garbage produced by our team and its incompetent owners, I understand that nothing will change.

Sorry, but SOJ.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck with the effort. I applaud, and respect, your passion. But after nearly 50 years of watching the garbage produced by our team and its incompetent owners, I understand that nothing will change.

Sorry, but SOJ.
    Funny how SOJ is universal.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but SOJ.
    You are right. The fans will never be able to organize an effective boycott or protest. The only way the send a message is to not go to the games and not watch them. We all know that is never going to happen. The tickets are sold, the PSLs are paid for, the money is already in the bank. If fans wanted to send a "message" then there will have to be 40,000 no shows on Thanksgiving night on national TV to at least have the national media pick up on it.

When ownership cares more about publicity splashes than improving the actual on field product, you have what we are watching now.