Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Thread: I think Mark wants out.

  1. #21
    Sad truth is, due to money and contracts, we are all but guaranteed that both Sanchez and Holmes will be NY Jets and starters in 2013.

    An actual rebuild may not be possible until 2014 and later.

  2. #22
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    Did you see his face when he went out for teblow after he threw the long pass to keller? Did you watch his post game conference. This organization has ruined him.

    He went from 4 road playoff victories and countless come back from behind wins to garbage. complete garbage.
    If you're Mark Sanchez, there's just so much scapegoating you can take.

    This started last season when we lost our last 3 games, games in which our defense let up huge points to teams with losing records, games in which our locker room imploded. Season ended, all the questions were about the quarterback, not the defense nor the rushing attack that were supposed to be our keys to victory.

    Mark shows up in training camp with no WR's, no RB's, the same OL, and f-cking Tim Tebow in his face. Instead of helping the kid and supporting him after hanging him out to dry the year before, they do nothing, keep blowing the pied piper flute about how awesome our defense is going to be, what a bounceback year for our OL this is going to be, how Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight are going to carry the load.

    Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano, and Tim Tebow will be gone. Our GM will load up the offense, make sure there's balance in the defensive/offensive investments, and restore Mark's confidence. We'll win games.

    SAR I

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you're Mark Sanchez, there's just so much scapegoating you can take.

    This started last season when we lost our last 3 games, games in which our defense let up huge points to teams with losing records, games in which our locker room imploded. Season ended, all the questions were about the quarterback, not the defense nor the rushing attack that were supposed to be our keys to victory.

    Mark shows up in training camp with no WR's, no RB's, the same OL, and f-cking Tim Tebow in his face. Instead of helping the kid and supporting him after hanging him out to dry the year before, they do nothing, keep blowing the pied piper flute about how awesome our defense is going to be, what a bounceback year for our OL this is going to be, how Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight are going to carry the load.

    Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano, and Tim Tebow will be gone. Our GM will load up the offense, make sure there's balance in the defensive/offensive investments, and restore Mark's confidence. We'll win games.

    SAR I
    SAR.....when your QB is your worst offensive player, you are in big trouble. Sanchez is a LOSER, not a leader, and he has to go. Case closed.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    I give you credit SAR. I am shocked that people are giving you what the entertainment you want. Its too easy.

  5. #25
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I give you credit SAR. I am shocked that people are giving you what the entertainment you want. Its too easy.
    I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want any entertainment.

    From May through August, all I did on Jets Insider was preach how this team was flawed and wasn't going to do any better than 5-11 and all people like you did all summer long was tell me that I'm just in it for the entertainment and it's all shtick.

    Some advice for you: stop judging my motivation, start listening to what I'm saying.

    SAR I

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want any entertainment.

    From May through August, all I did on Jets Insider was preach how this team was flawed and wasn't going to do any better than 5-11
    and all people like you did all summer long was tell me that I'm just in it for the entertainment and it's all shtick.

    Some advice for you: stop judging my motivation, start listening to what I'm saying.

    SAR I
    You were far from the only one, but you can run with that Martyr role if it works for you.

    You werent even close to being the only one who predicted this crapball.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you're Mark Sanchez, there's just so much scapegoating you can take.

    This started last season when we lost our last 3 games, games in which our defense let up huge points to teams with losing records

    SAR I
    Dude... what world do you live in?

    The Jets defense gave up 17 to the Giants (Giants scored a TD on a 19 yard drive due to an onsides kick, and a field on a INT by Sanchez returned to the Jets 14)

    The Jets defense gave up 19 to the Dolphins.


    I understand your general theory that getting the franchise QB is key. But the Jets don't have one, they need to draft a QB next year. Stop pretending that Sanchez isn't part of the problem. Yes, they need to completely restructure the front office, but the idea that the Sanchez will "recover" is comical.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Dude... what world do you live in?

    The Jets defense gave up 17 to the Giants (Giants scored a TD on a 19 yard drive due to an onsides kick, and a field on a INT by Sanchez returned to the Jets 14)

    The Jets defense gave up 19 to the Dolphins.


    I understand your general theory that getting the franchise QB is key. But the Jets don't have one, they need to draft a QB next year. Stop pretending that Sanchez isn't part of the problem. Yes, they need to completely restructure the front office, but the idea that the Sanchez will "recover" is comical.
    The offense is putrid, and it includes the dreadful Mark Sanchez. We'll be looking for another QB in this year's draft. We'll be high enough to get one.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want any entertainment.

    From May through August, all I did on Jets Insider was preach how this team was flawed and wasn't going to do any better than 5-11 and all people like you did all summer long was tell me that I'm just in it for the entertainment and it's all shtick.

    Some advice for you: stop judging my motivation, start listening to what I'm saying.

    SAR I
    You were/am 90% right in your analysis of the Jets team being flawed. You need to complete your analysis thou.

    The Flaw: The Leadership .

    The GM is a Fraud

    The HC is a Fraud.

    The QB is a Fraud

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You were/am 90% right in your analysis of the Jets team being flawed. You need to complete your analysis thou.

    The Flaw: The Leadership .

    The GM is a Fraud

    The HC is a Fraud.

    The QB is a Fraud
    Don't forget the OC in your list of frauds. Again, why do they hire a failed coach who has never been an OC, nor designed offenses, to direct our offense?

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want any entertainment.

    From May through August, all I did on Jets Insider was preach how this team was flawed and wasn't going to do any better than 5-11 and all people like you did all summer long was tell me that I'm just in it for the entertainment and it's all shtick.

    Some advice for you: stop judging my motivation, start listening to what I'm saying.

    SAR I
    We are in complete agreement about this organization setting itself up for failure. I predicted 6 wins before the season. I was one of the few who stuck up for you b.c you were right.

    My point is that you know that Sanchez sucks and that he has to go and you are sticking up for him for entertainment. You have been a fan of this team a long time. You know what a bad QB looks like. You have seen this movie before.

    I know that you know.

    Enjoy your entertainment.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sad truth is, due to money and contracts, we are all but guaranteed that both Sanchez and Holmes will be NY Jets and starters in 2013.

    An actual rebuild may not be possible until 2014 and later.
    Thats true. I made this point last night. Economics are playing a huge part in this QB situation. Mark has huge guaranteed money this year and next, so does Holmes, the Jets will not and can not eat that amount of money in two players.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I'm not here to defend Mark at all, but the way this organization has handled him is atrocious. Any organization that has developed a good QB, they have done the same thing. Surround him with talent. Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, go back and look as far as you need to be convinced.

    When the Jets were peaking, they had BE, Holmes, an Elite rushing offense. Sanchez, due to his lack of accurracy couldnt put up great numbers, but he was winning.

    So when you have a QB that is flawed, it was essential to put play makers around him. The last three drafts have done nothing to help the offense. In fact, two of the three drafts saw us use a 1st round pick on what was arguably our deepest position at the time (Wilson and Coples).

    Now we have the orst offense in the league, something that some of us suected back in May, but was blatantly obvious by August. And we have an aging dfense that 4 years into the program still cant get to the QB consistently.

    Blame Rex all you want, and yes he has made several errors, but these problems are due to organizational philosophies, or lack there of.

    We have a lot of contracts coming off the books after this season, its a good opportunity to blow the whole the up.

    Rex is playing not to lose with the hard line on Sanchez. Its run its course.
    Issue with our drafts is Tanny is not a great talent evaluator and relies on his head coaches to make the picks. This team won't move forward unless we out real football people to run the operations.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Mark makes like 12M/year, gets to live in New York, date famous chicks, and isn't held accountable for his performance on the job. And you think he wants OUT?

    +10000000


    He banged the hell out of this chick:



    makes a crapload of money, and his headcoach would be first in line if he ever needed a BJ. Why would he really care?

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Don't forget the OC in your list of frauds. Again, why do they hire a failed coach who has never been an OC, nor designed offenses, to direct our offense?
    I don't blame Sparano,because he needed a Job and someone offered him a job he thought he could do. Before the season,i asked this question and was never given an answer. Sparano was the HC of the Dolphins not the OC, so how did he get credit for the offensive scheme the Dolphins ran?

    A fraud hired a fraud. Why should i blame Sparano.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Issue with our drafts is Tanny is not a great talent evaluator and relies on his head coaches to make the picks. This team won't move forward unless we out real football people to run the operations.
    Actually draft wise, the picks we have made are not bad at all.

    wilkerson looks great
    coples has been playing very well
    kerley great find in the 5th
    ellis will be a good NFL player, hasnt even scratched the surface
    demario looks like an excellent find, 2013 starter
    hill has the upside we need for the future

    Sure there are guys like robert griffith who were cut before playing a down, but ever team has that. I really think tannys problem stems from no organizational plan.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I don't blame Sparano,because he needed a Job and someone offered him a job he thought he could do. Before the season,i asked this question and was never given an answer. Sparano was the HC of the Dolphins not the OC, so how did he get credit for the offensive scheme the Dolphins ran?

    A fraud hired a fraud. Why should i blame Sparano.
    All we heard in the off season was that Sparano was designing an offense never seen previously in the NFL. That Tebow would be used in myriad innovative formations. Where is all this?

    Respect your view, but IMO, that makes Sparano a fraud.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    All we heard in the off season was that Sparano was designing an offense never seen previously in the NFL. That Tebow would be used in myriad innovative formations. Where is all this?

    Respect your view, but IMO, that makes Sparano a fraud.
    Indeed.

    Sparano sucks. We all knew it watching Maime when he was HC. Suddenly, he's a super genius when the Jest hire him. Only a hand full of people had the balls to say that was stupid when he was hired. See the "Joe Namath said X,Y, and Z" thread.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you're Mark Sanchez, there's just so much scapegoating you can take.

    This started last season when we lost our last 3 games, games in which our defense let up huge points to teams with losing records, games in which our locker room imploded. Season ended, all the questions were about the quarterback, not the defense nor the rushing attack that were supposed to be our keys to victory.

    Mark shows up in training camp with no WR's, no RB's, the same OL, and f-cking Tim Tebow in his face. Instead of helping the kid and supporting him after hanging him out to dry the year before, they do nothing, keep blowing the pied piper flute about how awesome our defense is going to be, what a bounceback year for our OL this is going to be, how Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight are going to carry the load.

    Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano, and Tim Tebow will be gone. Our GM will load up the offense, make sure there's balance in the defensive/offensive investments, and restore Mark's confidence. We'll win games.

    SAR I
    I think it's a bit revisionist to say that Mark was drafted 5th overall to be a "game manager" of a "ground and pound" offense. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't remember that language being used in the first year. It seems to me it only came about after Mark's limitations as a QB became known.

    But I could be wrong. It's happened before.

    However, it won't change the fact that when it comes down to Mark Sanchez and a wide open receiver in the end zone, he can't seem to get it done anymore.

  20. #40
    His accuracy is the worst of any starting QB in the league.

    His short game is horrific. How many pass are thrown behind receivers, how many are knocked down at the line.

    How many times does he lock into a receiver and fail to go through his progressions.

    How often does he hold on to the ball too long, take a sack, and/or fumble.

    How is his body language when things don’t go his way.

    And the killer/most disturbing to me - when asked if he is worried about his job, he appears agitated at the very thought of the question being asked… Like how the heck could you even be asking THAT question?:!?!?!!?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us