Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think Mark wants out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    Did you see his face when he went out for teblow after he threw the long pass to keller? Did you watch his post game conference. This organization has ruined him.

He went from 4 road playoff victories and countless come back from behind wins to garbage. complete garbage.

Im a big sanchez fan but i think its time for him to go. This organization is a complete joke. I hope he catches on with another team and plays better and can look back at this organization and laugh and give them a big FU!
    So it's not his fault he floats a ball to the sideline that gets picked at the 1 to kill a drive and then fumbles the ball when hit by a free-runner coming at him from his front side to kill another drive? On the INT a legit QB would zip that ball and not allow a DB to close on it.....this is the NFL not high school football. His problems are his problems and they affect the other areas of the team. His killer blunders deflate the offense AND the defense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    Did you see his face when he went out for teblow after he threw the long pass to keller? Did you watch his post game conference. This organization has ruined him.

He went from 4 road playoff victories and countless come back from behind wins to garbage. complete garbage.

Im a big sanchez fan but i think its time for him to go. This organization is a complete joke. I hope he catches on with another team and plays better and can look back at this organization and laugh and give them a big FU!
    Did anyone else notice how happy and relieved Mark looked on the sideline ? The dirty Sanchez's 15 minutes are up. Tebow's ended last season, but Johnson and Tannenbaum who know absolutely NOTHING about football didnt get the memo. SOJ. Mark's done

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want any entertainment.

From May through August, all I did on Jets Insider was preach how this team was flawed and wasn't going to do any better than 5-11 and all people like you did all summer long was tell me that I'm just in it for the entertainment and it's all shtick.

Some advice for you: stop judging my motivation, start listening to what I'm saying.

SAR I
    Yup, like you knew Revis and Holmes would be out and Sanchez would be even worse than ever before. I listened as hard as I could to what you were saying from May to August, did you preach how lousy Sanchez would be?

Repeating bald faced lies is the antithesis of entertainment.
    Attention whores need little motivation to do otherwise.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yup, like you knew Revis and Holmes would be out and Sanchez would be even worse than ever before. I listened as hard as I could to what you were saying from May to August, did you preach how lousy Sanchez would be?

The loss of Revis isn't hurting us much. It's so easy to beat us on the ground, no real need to test us in the air.

The loss of Holmes isn't hurting us much either, considering how bad the running game and OL has been, doubt he'd get much breathing room either.

None of us discussed Sanchez or the offense that much in the offseason. All the focus was on how great our newfangled defense would be and that Rex Ryan had learned all these lessons. A few of us voiced concern over the offensive personnel, no one (except myself and two or three others) expected it to be this bad and thus Sanchez this bad.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you blame him? I want out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    All we heard in the off season was that Sparano was designing an offense never seen previously in the NFL. That Tebow would be used in myriad innovative formations. Where is all this?

Respect your view, but IMO, that makes Sparano a fraud.
    And we heard all about the "tempo" the jets were going to play with...I have not seen any semblance of tempo and we are constantly snapping the ball last second

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    And we heard all about the "tempo" the jets were going to play with...I have not seen any semblance of tempo and we are constantly snapping the ball last second

The first game of the season against Buffalo we did have a good tempo and the ball was being snapped well before the playclock would get close to expiring. Not sure what changed, we looked so good that game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone remember where Snack-chez was originally slated to be drafted before we moved up to get him? I thought it was a bit of a reach back then.

I can't remember - but I do remember not being thrilled with the move, especially for a guy who barely played a full college career.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    He's guaranteed $10M next year, no team in their right mind would trade for him.

Part of the reason our organization is a joke is because of Sanchez.
    Yep. Whether he wants out or the team wants him out is irrelevant. He's guaranteed through next year, no team would trade for him, and the cap hit from cutting him would be too significant. He's on the 2013 roster, the only question is if the guys in charge can bring in someone else who could legitimately start (Tebow does not count).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post

"Tempo" and "Chunk plays".

Or maybe it was "junk plays". That would make more sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Does anyone remember where Snack-chez was originally slated to be drafted before we moved up to get him? I thought it was a bit of a reach back then.

I can't remember - but I do remember not being thrilled with the move, especially for a guy who barely played a full college career.
    He was a top 10-12 pick. I remember the Redskins and Danny Snyder were drooling over him. IIRC Washington were picking 3-4 picks in front of the Jets. So if the Jets wanted Sanchez they would have to move up to get him.

To do that you need a trading partner. Enter Mangini. He took the jets 1st, 2nd and 3 scrubs.

Any other team would have wanted more picks.

So at the time it was a great trade.

Also FWIW. I remember hearing Simms on the FAN the Friday b4 the draft raving about Sanchez after seeing his pro day workout.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What ruined him is his inability to accurately throw the ball, his inability to read defenses and his inability to take care of the frakking football.
    I really hope you're hero Tebow gets to start this year, gets exposed and spends the rest of his career doing his calling of being an NFL backup. Our defense, WR's and CS are nowhere near what he had in Denver.

Tim Tebow ruined the Jets season. Only fair we ruin his career and return the favor

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The loss of Revis isn't hurting us much. It's so easy to beat us on the ground, no real need to test us in the air.

The loss of Holmes isn't hurting us much either, considering how bad the running game and OL has been, doubt he'd get much breathing room either.

SAR I
    You're nuts. Revis and Holmes are ENORMOUS. #1 WR on offense and best player on defense by far. But honestly neither injury has killed this team as much as that asinine Tebow trade and trolleying him out there 1x every 3 plays to make this retarded owner happy and disrupt our momentum and Suckchez reading the defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I'm not here to defend Mark at all, but the way this organization has handled him is atrocious. Any organization that has developed a good QB, they have done the same thing. Surround him with talent. Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, go back and look as far as you need to be convinced.
    And give him a real QB coach and offensive coordinator and don't expect him to win the Super Bowl after one year of college experience.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking FO HAS TO GET BETTER PLAYERS, NEW OC FOR MARK

=Mark shows up in training camp with no WR's, no RB's, the same OL, and f-cking Tim Tebow in his face. Instead of helping the kid and supporting him after hanging him out to dry the year before, they do nothing, keep blowing the pied piper flute about how awesome our defense is going to be, what a bounceback year for our OL this is going to be, how Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight are going to carry the load.

Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano, and Tim Tebow will be gone. Our GM will load up the offense, make sure there's balance in the defensive/offensive investments, and restore Mark's confidence. We'll win games.

SAR I

*** I HOPE you are right, mr. sar. Tebow has got to be frustrated being with this dumb club. Give him a chance to go elsewhere and compete.
    Tony Sparano is a waste of space/ get a real OC and a real QB coach.... Mark can win games if he has the type players we showed the door... Cotchery, Damien Woody, TRich.... WR who can catch, etc. and imagine if we had a back like C.J. Spiller.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

With REvis and Holmes they were going 6-10. Without them they're 4-12. What's the difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're Mark Sanchez, there's just so much scapegoating you can take.

This started last season when we lost our last 3 games, games in which our defense let up huge points to teams with losing records, games in which our locker room imploded. Season ended, all the questions were about the quarterback, not the defense nor the rushing attack that were supposed to be our keys to victory.

Mark shows up in training camp with no WR's, no RB's, the same OL, and f-cking Tim Tebow in his face. Instead of helping the kid and supporting him after hanging him out to dry the year before, they do nothing, keep blowing the pied piper flute about how awesome our defense is going to be, what a bounceback year for our OL this is going to be, how Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight are going to carry the load.

SAR I
    If you wanted to write a manual on how to ruin a promising young QB in 3 1/2 easy years, you couldn't do better than follow the one the Jets FO has laid out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

sanchez unhappy

sanchez is supposedly an athlete. an athlete is always prepared to win.letting his personal problemss affect his desire to win.is in my mind a no no. his immmaturity has affected the whole team. the jets should bench him now. I see the jets with a losing record this season.they must go foward with severe changes.in order to recover from this cancer.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    With REvis and Holmes they were going 6-10. Without them they're 4-12. What's the difference.
    better pick in the draft that we will probably screw up anyway