Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I think Mark wants out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idont see him in football after 3 years. I think he will go the joey harrington route or wind up doing some entertainment tonight thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    Did you see his face when he went out for teblow after he threw the long pass to keller? Did you watch his post game conference. This organization has ruined him.

He went from 4 road playoff victories and countless come back from behind wins to garbage. complete garbage.

Im a big sanchez fan but i think its time for him to go. This organization is a complete joke. I hope he catches on with another team and plays better and can look back at this organization and laugh and give them a big FU!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Issue with our drafts is Tanny is not a great talent evaluator and relies on his head coaches to make the picks. This team won't move forward unless we out real football people to run the operations.
    +111111111

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Issue with our drafts is Tanny is not a great talent evaluator and relies on his head coaches to make the picks. This team won't move forward unless we out real football people to run the operations.
    I think you need to understand the process...Its been posted here many times..So you are saying Bradway, Clinkscales (when he was here) aren't real football people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What ruined him is his inability to accurately throw the ball, his inability to read defenses and his inability to take care of the frakking football.
    agreed; agreed ; agreed!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He was a top 10-12 pick. I remember the Redskins and Danny Snyder were drooling over him. IIRC Washington were picking 3-4 picks in front of the Jets. So if the Jets wanted Sanchez they would have to move up to get him.

To do that you need a trading partner. Enter Mangini. He took the jets 1st, 2nd and 3 scrubs.

Any other team would have wanted more picks.

So at the time it was a great trade.

Also FWIW. I remember hearing Simms on the FAN the Friday b4 the draft raving about Sanchez after seeing his pro day workout.
    It was a terrible trade up for the jets considering the condition of the team at the time, the more physically gifted QB on the board with more experience in a pro offense and the advised of the scouts at the time that was ignored.

This isn't hindsight but has actually now been proven as factual. The jets should have satyed where they were and drafted Josh Freeman. With no talent, that kid put up better #s than Sanches ever has and now that he has some talent around him and a coach who knows how to be a HC, the kid is once again looking great. The Bucs are winning games because they have a quality RB and the QB is making plays when he needs to.

OH and dispite the horrible defense that gives up almost 30 points per game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    =Mark shows up in training camp with no WR's, no RB's, the same OL, and f-cking Tim Tebow in his face. Instead of helping the kid and supporting him after hanging him out to dry the year before, they do nothing, keep blowing the pied piper flute about how awesome our defense is going to be, what a bounceback year for our OL this is going to be, how Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight are going to carry the load.

Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano, and Tim Tebow will be gone. Our GM will load up the offense, make sure there's balance in the defensive/offensive investments, and restore Mark's confidence. We'll win games.

SAR I

*** I HOPE you are right, mr. sar. Tebow has got to be frustrated being with this dumb club. Give him a chance to go elsewhere and compete.
    Tony Sparano is a waste of space/ get a real OC and a real QB coach.... Mark can win games if he has the type players we showed the door... Cotchery, Damien Woody, TRich.... WR who can catch, etc. and imagine if we had a back like C.J. Spiller.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    Did you see his face when he went out for teblow after he threw the long pass to keller? Did you watch his post game conference. This organization has ruined him.

He went from 4 road playoff victories and countless come back from behind wins to garbage. complete garbage.

Im a big sanchez fan but i think its time for him to go. This organization is a complete joke. I hope he catches on with another team and plays better and can look back at this organization and laugh and give them a big FU!
    Hell be lucky to be a backup in this league. He is horrible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see him backing up Kaepernick next year in San Fran, provided the Jets pull the trigger and somehow the accountant Tannenbaum gets the deal to work.

They could even possibly get a 5th or 6th out of the deal.

And you know back on the West Coast playing for Jim Harbaugh as a backup, he could probably be OK. It makes a lot of sense, remove terrible Alex Smith and insert terrible Mark Sanchez. Offense doesn't have to be altered at all since it is entirely based around limiting the QB's impact to the outcome of the game.

BTW, after Kaepernick settled down yesterday in that tie, I think that guy's got some crazy upside. Huge arm, big body, runs like a gazelle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need to understand the process...Its been posted here many times..So you are saying Bradway, Clinkscales (when he was here) aren't real football people?
    bradway had his shot..he failed!!! why retain him? also clink scales got out of this circus when he had the opportunity!!! says a lot..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Yeah, that picture says it all.

He should look pissed. The competitor in him should be mad as hell.

Instead he looks sad. "Why me? Boo hoo..."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    bradway had his shot..he failed!!! why retain him? also clink scales got out of this circus when he had the opportunity!!! says a lot..
    Different role for Bradway...Clinkscales went to work for his good friend.

You people need to understand the roles and responsibilities of a football organization

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are football people. Bad football people.

Our "process" needs to change. From top to bottom. It isn't working.

Bradway is living off the obvious suggestion that we needed to move up for Revis. Everyone knew Revis was a good football player, there was no secret.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering he's NEVER been held accountable for his horrendous performances and he's NEVER been challenged for the starters job, you'd think he'd be DYING to keep the job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I'm not here to defend Mark at all, but the way this organization has handled him is atrocious. Any organization that has developed a good QB, they have done the same thing. Surround him with talent. Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, go back and look as far as you need to be convinced.

When the Jets were peaking, they had BE, Holmes, an Elite rushing offense. Sanchez, due to his lack of accurracy couldnt put up great numbers, but he was winning.

So when you have a QB that is flawed, it was essential to put play makers around him. The last three drafts have done nothing to help the offense. In fact, two of the three drafts saw us use a 1st round pick on what was arguably our deepest position at the time (Wilson and Coples).
    I'm not trying to pile on but the QB is supposed to elevate the players around him not the other way around. Years ago Pats fans would say the same thing about Bledsoe season after season "Drew will be great if he only had...". Brady steps in with the exact same players and the difference is clear.

Not implying that every QB has to be HOF worthy but their talent and leadership should stand out to some degree regardless of whether the team is losing.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 11-12-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not!! Bradway is terrible. We had ONE good draft, and that had Mangini written all over it. I heard today that IF Tanny is demoted to cap guy Bradway would be the GM again. If that happens this will get worse.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different role for Bradway...Clinkscales went to work for his good friend.

You people need to understand the roles and responsibilities of a football organization

Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    Bradway gave up 2 #1 picks for Dwane Robinson. Cmart I have ALOT of respect for you but Bradway blows in any part of a football operation.

/Bradway discussion

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway gave up 2 #1 picks for Dwane Robinson. Cmart I have ALOT of respect for you but Bradway blows in any part of a football operation.

/Bradway discussion
    Im stating what the organization IS and who is in what role...I never said who was good or bad...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not!! Bradway is terrible. We had ONE good draft, and that had Mangini written all over it. I heard today that IF Tanny is demoted to cap guy Bradway would be the GM again. If that happens this will get worse.
    Where did you heat this? Bradway didnt want to be GM anymore...But maybe thats changed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you heat this? Bradway didnt want to be GM anymore...But maybe thats changed.
    I heard it from some dolt from ESPN radio this morning. I wish I remembered his name. I hope it's false and they fire his because he's. terrible talent evaluator.