Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Curious comment by Rich Gannon on broadcast

  1. #1

    Curious comment by Rich Gannon on broadcast

    Said he was speaking with Sparano in production meeting and Sparano mentioned that they haven't had "time" to practice all the Tebow plays. Since this is week #10, plus all the various OTA's, mini-camps etc, this is bizarre, even by Jets standards. It tells you one thing.....they are never going to give Tebow a chance to run this team because they are afraid he will be a major improvement over Sanchez, and it would make them look like fools.I have lost all respect for Rex after this last game when he said he's sticking with Sanchez because "he gives us the best chance to win." Sanchez gives us NO CHANCE to win, and the fact that the only person who doesn't see it is the head coach is sad.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,817
    LOL.

    Remember in training camp when they were boasting about running more plays in practice b.c of the tempo? First the offense was hard, then it was simple, then they said they liked that they just had to line up and run the play that was called and then they said that they had flexibility in changing plays at the LOS.

    Goes to show you that everything they say is complete and total BS.

    The entire organization has no direction.

    SOJ.

  3. #3
    No, it tells you that an nfl team cannot run two different offenses with two QBs. Pick one, I don't care, commit to it, and perfect it. It also tells you that while the opposing defense might have to spend some time on it during preparation, the Jets spend time on it every week on offense practice time.

  4. #4
    Really ??...somehow Denver was able to manage practicing a "Tebow" offense lat year...wasn't the same as Orton's...stop making excuses...

  5. #5
    How many timeouts are we going to have to call because of confusion? I agree, play one QB or the other.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Really ??...somehow Denver was able to manage practicing a "Tebow" offense lat year...wasn't the same as Orton's...stop making excuses...
    But, "I think Sparano is doing a good job", as some here have said. WTF were these clowns (Woody/Tanny/Rex) thinking by hiring such a clueless, and under-qualified, OC? I mean, really, why hire Sparano before last season ended and you've had a chance to interview a bunch of candidates? Of course, most of us know the answer: SOJ.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    But, "I think Sparano is doing a good job", as some here have said. WTF were these clowns (Woody/Tanny/Rex) thinking by hiring such a clueless, and under-qualified, OC? I mean, really, why hire Sparano before last season ended and you've had a chance to interview a bunch of candidates? Of course, most of us know the answer: SOJ.
    Borgo......we both know the answer. No good offensive coordinator would take a job with a horrible QB like we have, it's that simple. And the fact that the Jets wouldn't try to get a more creative mind, someone that would open up the passing game, tells you all you really need to know about how little faith they have in Sanchez, and rightfully so. As long as Woody owns this team, and Sanchez is still here, you are not going to get talented people here, as simple as that.And as fans and long time ticket holders, it is a gloomy scenario for many of us.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    But, "I think Sparano is doing a good job", as some here have said. WTF were these clowns (Woody/Tanny/Rex) thinking by hiring such a clueless, and under-qualified, OC? I mean, really, why hire Sparano before last season ended and you've had a chance to interview a bunch of candidates? Of course, most of us know the answer: SOJ.
    So True. And here is where Rex is a big failure. He's a great X and O guy and I do think he motivates, but he sucks at the one thing all great coaches do well -- select and groom assistant coaches. Parcells was the master at this. The man know coaching talent when he saw it. There are "parcell's guys" all over the NFL. Who on the Jets staff is a Ryan guy? The Jets only have coaches Ryan inherited from Mangini, experienced guys who Ryan has hired, and guys who came over from Baltimore with Ryan. You can not build an organization without a system, and that system has to include, locating and grooming young coaches to advance in the system. Where do the new ideas come from if not from up and coming coaches? Where does the energy and hunger come from if not from assistants wanting to advance their own careers? Instead we get a bunch of tired old coaches going through the motions and using the same old playbook.

    I've always liked Rex, but if he does not do something bold this season, I say he should be shown the door so he can return to doing what he does best, being a DC. I fear Rex is the second coming of Wade Phillips. The parallels are startling from their larger than life fathers to success as DC's and failures as HC's.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Really ??...somehow Denver was able to manage practicing a "Tebow" offense lat year...wasn't the same as Orton's...stop making excuses...
    No, Denver did not. when the change was made to go to Tebow, the scheme changed and a run option component was added. The run option component was never in the play book. It is only putting in 4 or 5 plays with different options based on the Defensive line up. Not a whole new scheme but the Oline needs to practice it all week, as the main change is to their assignments.

    I was never at Jets camp, maybe somebody that was there can tell if they put in a run option or did they just have Tebow practicing Sanchez offense alongwith the wildcat.
    Last edited by patman; 11-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Borgo......we both know the answer. No good offensive coordinator would take a job with a horrible QB like we have, it's that simple. And the fact that the Jets wouldn't try to get a more creative mind, someone that would open up the passing game, tells you all you really need to know about how little faith they have in Sanchez, and rightfully so. As long as Woody owns this team, and Sanchez is still here, you are not going to get talented people here, as simple as that.And as fans and long time ticket holders, it is a gloomy scenario for many of us.
    I hear what you're saying, 314. IMO, I think we could have found someone better than Sparano. Someone out there (college coach/disgruntled OC/NFL assistant OC, etc.) would have wanted a shot to run an NFL offense, especially in New York.

    My problem is that, like the Kotite hiring debacle, the Jets did not wait until the season ended to interview all possible OC candidates. It was like the entire league was clamoring to sign Sparano, so we had to jump on it ASAP. And once signed, Rex/Tanny made no mention of his skill as an OC. Instead they kept talking about how his teams in Miami were "tough" and "always so well prepared". What? Did you idiots not see what went down in Miami under Sparano as HC? That's the guy we had to hire?

    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So True. And here is where Rex is a big failure. He's a great X and O guy and I do think he motivates, but he sucks at the one thing all great coaches do well -- select and groom assistant coaches. Parcells was the master at this. The man know coaching talent when he saw it. There are "parcell's guys" all over the NFL. Who on the Jets staff is a Ryan guy? The Jets only have coaches Ryan inherited from Mangini, experienced guys who Ryan has hired, and guys who came over from Baltimore with Ryan. You can not build an organization without a system, and that system has to include, locating and grooming young coaches to advance in the system. Where do the new ideas come from if not from up and coming coaches? Where does the energy and hunger come from if not from assistants wanting to advance their own careers? Instead we get a bunch of tired old coaches going through the motions and using the same old playbook.

    I've always liked Rex, but if he does not do something bold this season, I say he should be shown the door so he can return to doing what he does best, being a DC. I fear Rex is the second coming of Wade Phillips. The parallels are startling from their larger than life fathers to success as DC's and failures as HC's.
    Great post, SONNY. Very astute words.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hear what you're saying, 314. IMO, I think we could have found someone better than Sparano. Someone out there (college coach/disgruntled OC/NFL assistant OC, etc.) would have wanted a shot to run an NFL offense, especially in New York.

    My problem is that, like the Kotite hiring debacle, the Jets did not wait until the season ended to interview all possible OC candidates. It was like the entire league was clamoring to sign Sparano, so we had to jump on it ASAP. And once signed, Rex/Tanny made no mention of his skill as an OC. Instead they kept talking about how his teams in Miami were "tough" and "always so well prepared". What? Did you idiots not see what went down in Miami under Sparano as HC? That's the guy we had to hire?



    Great post, SONNY. Very astute words.
    Great points. I definitely agree jumped the gun Way to fast. Still don't know why didn't even consider Jim Fassell. Great QB guy. Here's a question for you/board. If Andy Reid gets fired, do you bite? I would, unless head & heart not into it anymore due to son's tragic death. Another guy stuck with a Qb that is a disaster.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Great points. I definitely agree jumped the gun Way to fast. Still don't know why didn't even consider Jim Fassell. Great QB guy. Here's a question for you/board. If Andy Reid gets fired, do you bite? I would, unless head & heart not into it anymore due to son's tragic death. Another guy stuck with a Qb that is a disaster.
    That's a big "NO" from me.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That's a big "NO" from me.
    Hear ya.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Hear ya.
    Like Shanahan, IMO, I think Andy has seen his best days.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us