Thread: Jets need to go on the offensive!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets need to go on the offensive!

Its obviously rebuild time
    The question is: How do we rebuild this team to win the AFC East?
    That has to be the 1st goal. Jets need to win this division in the future, that is the quickest way to a Superbowl via home field advantage.

How do we do that?

1- We bring in a GM from the Packers tree. These guys have been proven to have a firm grasp on drafting offensive players.

2- We try everything to make a trade with the Seahawks & bring in Matt Flynn. I definitely DO NOT want to rebuild with another project unless it's a no brainer (Luck, RG3 ) situation.

3- Because the 2013 draft is filled with pass rushers & we will have a high pick you shore up the defense 1st by finally putting that piece to the puzzle.

4- DRAFT ALL OFFENSE AFTER THAT 1st PICK! BPA (Guard/RB/WR/TE)
    We have Kerley, Hill, Holmes, maybe Keller if he signs a Jet friendly contract, either ways he's not a huge loss.

5- DO NOT SPEND BIG IN FREE AGENCY! 2013 is a great year to get our cap in order, Pace/Scott/Pouha/Smith will all be coming off. In 2014 offseason trade Sanchez to some hungry azz team that will give us a 4th rounder to try & ressurect his career, it happens ALL THE TIME in this QB lacking league.

6- Score points vs these horrible defenses in this division & let our young defense play with leads for once in their careers! The Patriots defense "SUCKS"!
    The Bills defense "SUCKS"! The Titans (one of the worst teams in football) dropped 38 points on the Fins?

* We need to build this offense while Brady ages, the Bills flounder with Fitzy & that horrid defense, and Miami turns into the Jets with a mix of aging vets & mediocre young talent.
    For once in this franchise, instead of going for the quick fix, they need to be patient & methodical & I believe if they took this route, and Fans could see a clear vision of what they are trying to work to, every Jet fan would be on board & suffer through some growing pains. Plan for the future in a division with possibly no Brady, or at least an old Brady that we chase around after we have a freaking lead for once!

Rex & Sanchez are definitely NOT the answer & the Jets are FAMOUS for making the same mistakes over & over or continuing with something too long.
    As for me, I'm done for this year with this team that regresses every week. I'll spend my time with family, and hope & pray that Woody isn't as stupid as he appears.
    Rex is a snake oil salesman that is now holding this franchise hostage trotting Sanchez out there every week for 4 TOs per game. It's unwatchable.
    Oh, & Go JETS!
    I'll always be Green, but I have my limits.
    Last edited by jetster; 11-12-2012 at 08:58 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Its obviously rebuild time
    The question is: How do we rebuild this team to win the AFC East?
    That has to be the 1st goal. Jets need to win this division in the future, that is the quickest way to a Superbowl via home field advantage.

How do we do that?

1- We bring in a GM from the Packers tree. These guys have been proven to have a firm grasp on drafting offensive players.

2- We try everything to make a trade with the Seahawks & bring in Matt Flynn. I definitely DO NOT want to rebuild with another project unless it's a no brainer (Luck, RG3 ) situation.

3- Because the 2013 draft is filled with pass rushers & we will have a high pick you shore up the defense 1st by finally putting that piece to the puzzle.

4- DRAFT ALL OFFENSE AFTER THAT 1st PICK! BPA (Guard/RB/WR/TE)
    We have Kerley, Hill, Holmes, maybe Keller if he signs a Jet friendly contract, either ways he's not a huge loss.

5- DO NOT SPEND BIG IN FREE AGENCY! 2013 is a great year to get our cap in order, Pace/Scott/Pouha/Smith will all be coming off. In 2014 offseason trade Sanchez to some hungry azz team that will give us a 4th rounder to try & ressurect his career, it happens ALL THE TIME in this QB lacking league.

6- Score points vs these horrible defenses in this division & let our young defense play with leads for once in their careers! The Patriots defense "SUCKS"!
    The Bills defense "SUCKS"! The Titans (one of the worst teams in football) dropped 38 points on the Fins?

* We need to build this offense while Brady ages, the Bills flounder with Fitzy & that horrid defense, and Miami turns into the Jets with a mix of aging vets & mediocre young talent.
    For once in this franchise, instead of going for the quick fix, they need to be patient & methodical & I believe if they took this route, and Fans could see a clear vision of what they are trying to work to, every Jet fan would be on board & suffer through some growing pains. Plan for the future in a division with possibly no Brady, or at least an old Brady that we chase around after we have a freaking lead for once!

Rex & Sanchez are definitely NOT the answer & the Jets are FAMOUS for making the same mistakes over & over or continuing with something too long.
    As for me, I'm done for this year with this team that regresses every week. I'll spend my time with family, and hope & pray that Woody isn't as stupid as he appears.
    Rex is a snake oil salesman that is now holding this franchise hostage trotting Sanchez out there every week for 4 TOs per game. It's unwatchable.
    Oh, & Go JETS!
    I'll always be Green, but I have my limits.
    The jets don't have any money to be players in big name FA so you are safe there.

The jets have so many needs at every position, so there is no need to reach for any position at either side of the ball.

Where does Miami get old? - Besides Dansby no one will be over 30 in two years on D. On Offense Bush may be getting close to 30 at that time but that is it. Miami is young and with extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd choices this year they will continue to be a young team.

What team is going to trade a draft choice for Sanchez making 12 mill in 2014? Jason Campbell and kyle Orton could not sniff a starter's job as FA
    and you think there is a team that will pay Sanchez that money kind of money. Remember a good portion of that years pay is guaranteed already.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dansby, Soliai, and Starks are all veterans close to thirty.Jake Long may be on his way out.Dolphins still need to address their cornerback situation.They have issues to address.What i do give them credit for is they have a plan on offense to execute on roll outs and quick hitch routes and one of the most underated WRs in football in Bess/Hartline.I truly believe Sanchez would flourish in this type of offense,quick short throws to the underneath guy and occasional long ball.Look at Russell yesterday two long td passes and two runs for first downs that was it ,the rest was mediocre ,and they won running away dur to JETS inablity to execute on offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets don't have any money to be players in big name FA so you are safe there.

The jets have so many needs at every position, so there is no need to reach for any position at either side of the ball.

Where does Miami get old? - Besides Dansby no one will be over 30 in two years on D. On Offense Bush may be getting close to 30 at that time but that is it. Miami is young and with extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd choices this year they will continue to be a young team.

What team is going to trade a draft choice for Sanchez making 12 mill in 2014? Jason Campbell and kyle Orton could not sniff a starter's job as FA
    and you think there is a team that will pay Sanchez that money kind of money. Remember a good portion of that years pay is guaranteed already.
    After 2013 we can dump Sanchez. I want him sitting on the bench next year no matter what he's making.
    Jets have very young talent on he D line in Coples, Wilks, Ellis.
    Dbrick & Mangold are good for another 6 years.
    Powell makes a versatile back up RB in a Packer type offensive system.
    So, the Jets should shore up a pass rusher, build the Oline, and try to get another stud WR & a RB in the draft.
    They need to think 2 drafts & some middling FAs.
    Jets will have some money.
    Miami isn't that good! It's not like we are trying to catch the Cowboys of the 90s
    * I see Miami a little like the Jets, when they get good, Bush, Dansby Solai ect. Will be ineffective like Pace & Scott.
    Yesterday proved that the Pats truly have one if not the worst Ds in the league. Especially when you consider at one point in that game their offence only had 7 three & outs up to that point in the season!
    We might have had that yesterday!