Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Keller intentionally get 5-yd penalty on the Seahawks 2?

Did Keller intentionally get 5-yd penalty on the Seahawks 2?

3rd and goal and the Jets were thinking TD, Tebow can "walk" it in, maybe. Then self-described All-Pro Keller effectively flinches to make it 3rd & goal from the 7.

In a noisy stadium in a shotgun formation, the key communication is between a QB and C. Once QB sees formation set, his signal is to C to snap ball in a basic "set ... hut" situation - it wasn't like 10 Jets were hanging on a complicated cadence.

in other words, Keller - a yard off the line and not in a three-point stance - has almost zero excuse for a mental breakdown at that given moment.

But I don't think it was a mental breakdown so much as a bid to get his best bud back in the game for a chance to score a TD. And we all know what happened next.
    Last edited by sackdance; 11-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.

All Pro
    Did he shoot Kennedy too? Sanchez is dreadful. I would think Keller would want anybody on the field by him. As I recall, Keller dropped one of Sanchez's passes as well. Maybe he wanted Tebow in at that point.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    3rd and goal and the Jets were thinking TD, Tebow can "walk" it in, maybe. Then self-described All-Pro Keller effectively flinches to make it 3rd & goal from the 7.

In a noisy stadium in a shotgun formation, the key communication is between a QB and C. Once QB sees formation set, his signal is to C to snap ball in a basic "set ... hut" situation - it wasn't like 10 Jets were hanging on a complicated cadence.

in other words, Keller - a yard off the line and not in a three-point stance - has almost zero excuse for a mental breakdown at that given moment.

But I don't think it was a mental breakdown so much as a bid to get his best bud back in the game for a chance to score a TD. And we all know what happened next.
    I instantly thought of that when it happened. When Keller did it for a second time in the game and same result (Tebow taken out), it was confirmed. It was classless, most definitely intentional and confirms that Rex once again has lost control of his team.

They are a divided bunch and barring a mid-season firing of Rex it will not rectify. My question is, where is our owner?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I was wondering more about when Sanchez was enveloped and tried to alligator arm a pass to the mystery receiver it was like HS.

Keller had a horrible game. No need for conspiracy theories.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I was wondering more about when Sanchez was enveloped and tried to alligator arm a pass to the mystery receiver it was like HS.
    Agreed, my question is, where is the benching?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice , shame on me. After he did it 2x to Tebow, yes it is a conspiracy, not recognizing that is naive,

I have to agree with Vinnie on this. It's well known that Dustin Keller runs the Illuminati AND is in command over the X-Non 53 sector of the Outer League of Beings.

Oh, he knows damn well what he's doing...

Doesnt really make Tebow look as bad as it makes him look.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I would think Keller would want anybody on the field by him.
    Keller is Sanchez's favorite target, red zone or otherwise. No surprise the pass was thrown to Keller the next play - didn't exactly work out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The staff has lost this team and we're playing inconsequential football. This is exactly when petty personal stuff finds its way on to the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Keller is Sanchez's favorite target, red zone or otherwise. No surprise the pass was thrown to Keller the next play - didn't exactly work out though.
    He checked OFF Keller when he was open. Looked straight and THEN threw to Keller.

Marks fake pumps are God awful and so is he.

Kerley is our best weapon.... THAT is an indictment on this front office.

Jets Insider VIP
    The staff has lost this team and we're playing inconsequential football. This is exactly when petty personal stuff finds its way on to the field.
    So you're saying the Jets intentionally injured Holmes because they knew the season would go this way and they didn't want him becoming a distraction again?

And the ironic thing is I'm pretty sure Sanchez sucked on purpose, because he wanted his buddy Tebow to get more snaps... Sanchez and Keller should have talked before the game to coordinate their sucking... Yet another way they were poorly prepared.

I blame the coaches.

Jets Insider VIP
    I blame the Germans.

The NFL is a fixed league. I don't know how more people don't see this.

It's not 100% fixed, but players are told generally what is supposed to happen in any given game, and it's up to them to go make it happen.

My best example of this would be the Saints-Seahawks playoff game from a few years ago.

Watch the replay of the Marshawn Lynch run. You think that was a great run? Watch it again. They let him have it. I'm not entirely sure that the missed tackles were fake, but watch as Lynch runs down the sideline after he crosses the 50. There's like 5 Saints jogging next to him as he walks into the endzone.

I'm telling you, the NFL is rigged.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    The NFL is a fixed league. I don't know how more people don't see this.

It's not 100% fixed, but players are told generally what is supposed to happen in any given game, and it's up to them to go make it happen.

My best example of this would be the Saints-Seahawks playoff game from a few years ago.

Watch the replay of the Marshawn Lynch run. You think that was a great run? Watch it again. They let him have it. I'm not entirely sure that the missed tackles were fake, but watch as Lynch runs down the sideline after he crosses the 50. There's like 5 Saints jogging next to him as he walks into the endzone.

I'm telling you, the NFL is rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So you're saying the Jets intentionally injured Holmes because they knew the season would go this way and they didn't want him becoming a distraction again?
    Nope. I was talking about a specific incident with a specific player.

Funny, but when push comes to shove so many who won't hesitate to call this franchise a joke will spring to defend this joke's integrity.

That Keller bs warrants a much closer look.

Keller blows. That's all

And this is the crazy speculation that happens when you bring in the most controversial QB the NFL has ever seen. Think we'd have this discussion if they just kept Stanton as the back up? Then if Sanchez has an awful season we can truly evaluate him on his production or lack of.

Again, thanks Woody