Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Sanchez as given up on Sanchez

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,502

    Sanchez as given up on Sanchez

    I had a pre game field pass yesterday, and the pass itself was pretty awesome. Met some cool people there.

    Among the people I met were Mark's parents. He came over to them and was was hugging them like a little boy. His expression was extreme sadness, and looked like he was ready to cry.

    When I saw his expression, I knew we were doomed.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I had a pre game field pass yesterday, and the pass itself was pretty awesome. Met some cool people there.

    Among the people I met were Mark's parents. He came over to them and was was hugging them like a little boy. His expression was extreme sadness, and looked like he was ready to cry.

    When I saw his expression, I knew we were doomed.
    This Kid has been ruined by this team. Ruined. I don't know why any player would want to come here. Big difference from all the hype in 2009 about players wanting to play for Rex. Offensive players come here to die.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    This Kid has been ruined by this team. Ruined. I don't know why any player would want to come here. Big difference from all the hype in 2009 about players wanting to play for Rex. Offensive players come here to die.
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

    He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

    He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.
    So true. Why the hell do people feel sorry for Sanchez. He just joins the list of NFL QB failures. It does not mean he is a bad guy. Hey David Carr is a nice guy too.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I had a pre game field pass yesterday, and the pass itself was pretty awesome. Met some cool people there.

    Among the people I met were Mark's parents. He came over to them and was was hugging them like a little boy. His expression was extreme sadness, and looked like he was ready to cry.

    When I saw his expression, I knew we were doomed.
    And this was BEFORE the game???

  6. #6
    There's a nice little moment in the NFL.com "GameDay:Jets vs. Seahawks" recap video where Bart Scott has to remind the Sanchize to keep his head up.

    It happens at the 1 minute mark:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201211...ghts&tab=recap

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    And this was BEFORE the game???
    Must have been Seattle. I hear it is pretty depressing up there. The weather and grunge music.

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

    He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.
    I can't defend the way he has played. As far as him ruining us, well that is too far extreme also. Best running game was 2 and 3 years ago and he performed well enough to get them to the AFC final. Further he had better receivers. not having Cotchery who always came up big in both those years. So lets be fair, this organization has eroded the offensive talent over the last 2 years.

    I can't defending Sanchez because he still makes stupid mistakes. But I would like to see if we had a decent running game if he would be performing better. Further I just don't see players on this team improving.

    Lets call a spade a spade here. This is not a good organization where players improve.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

    He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.
    Sanchez is part of the problem, but he did not ruin us. That distinction belongs to Tannenbaum. Very little young talent, no depth, and not one single star on offense (including Holmes who hasn't been a star in years). The team is completely laughable as a roster. The team is also completely disjointed and directionless, which falls on Rex and his coaches.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

    He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.
    Ignoring context, this would appear true.

    However very few QB's don't bust.

    Tannenbaum was out of the umbrella of Mangini's protection and overall very solid player personnel decisions and selections outside of the early rounds.

    Mangini had selected Lowery, Coleman, and acquired good pieces like Kenyon Coleman. Bit guys who could contribute.

    In any even, Tannenbaum and Rex decided to pick a QB with 2 total years of starting experience in High School and College in beautiful weather and being immune to criticism and basically stuff him into the world's largest media market with a rabid fanbase for their football team and immediately start him.

    Green Bay, a much smaller market, but probably with an even more rabid fan base played chicken with Favre to let Rodgers develop. Brees got one more year before Rivers started then was shipped off, with a shredded shoulder nonetheless.

    My point is that this entire situation has been handled poorly by an idiot front office and "clueless to offense to the point that he breaks out in a rash when it is mentioned" (he inserted an offensive play this week for the first time in 3 years as head coach) head coach who effectively shoved him onto a Super Bowl team. They could have had, in 2009, the year with the best (Mangini/Bradway assembled) roster of his term as head coach, a veteran QB who could have more effectively won games without beating the ever living hell out of a Superstar running back and overstretched defense.

    Which we saw last year, aged in 2 years due to abuse.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Sanchez is part of the problem, but he did not ruin us. That distinction belongs to Tannenbaum. Very little young talent, no depth, and not one single star on offense (including Holmes who hasn't been a star in years). The team is completely laughable as a roster. The team is also completely disjointed and directionless, which falls on Rex and his coaches.
    jets have a weak gm who relies too much on the hc to shape the roster. rex has had too much influence on draft picks and FAs which has led to too many defensive picks and ignoring the offense. no surprise here.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

    He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    And this was BEFORE the game???
    It was before the game. I knew right at that moment we were done.

    Marks problems are not physical. It's a mental breakdown

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I had a pre game field pass yesterday, and the pass itself was pretty awesome. Met some cool people there.

    Among the people I met were Mark's parents. He came over to them and was was hugging them like a little boy. His expression was extreme sadness, and looked like he was ready to cry.

    When I saw his expression, I knew we were doomed.
    I say if you could see this then why can Jets management.

    I currently teach management and something called Strategic Intervention to college students in NYC. In an hour session you could change what is happening to Sanchez!!!!

    The Jets are a joke!!

    Instead they had a color system designed and a dam fog horn to get a player in Sanchez who rushed his progressions anyway to even rush them more!!!

    You canít make this nonsense up!!!!

    Sanchez was better as a rookie then he is NOW!!!!!!

    It is a DISGRACE!!!!

    And Jets management from the FO to Rex are responsible!!!

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Ignoring context, this would appear true.

    However very few QB's don't bust.

    Tannenbaum was out of the umbrella of Mangini's protection and overall very solid player personnel decisions and selections outside of the early rounds.

    Mangini had selected Lowery, Coleman, and acquired good pieces like Kenyon Coleman. Bit guys who could contribute.

    In any even, Tannenbaum and Rex decided to pick a QB with 2 total years of starting experience in High School and College in beautiful weather and being immune to criticism and basically stuff him into the world's largest media market with a rabid fanbase for their football team and immediately start him.

    Green Bay, a much smaller market, but probably with an even more rabid fan base played chicken with Favre to let Rodgers develop. Brees got one more year before Rivers started then was shipped off, with a shredded shoulder nonetheless.

    My point is that this entire situation has been handled poorly by an idiot front office and "clueless to offense to the point that he breaks out in a rash when it is mentioned" (he inserted an offensive play this week for the first time in 3 years as head coach) head coach who effectively shoved him onto a Super Bowl team. They could have had, in 2009, the year with the best (Mangini/Bradway assembled) roster of his term as head coach, a veteran QB who could have more effectively won games without beating the ever living hell out of a Superstar running back and overstretched defense.

    Which we saw last year, aged in 2 years due to abuse.

  16. #16
    Sanchez can join the long and distinguished list of 1-year college wonders who played well in a bowl game but couldn't hack it in the NFL.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.


    Perfect analogy

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,177
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

    In any even, Tannenbaum and Rex decided to pick a QB with 2 total years of starting experience in High School and College in beautiful weather and being immune to criticism and basically stuff him into the world's largest media market with a rabid fanbase for their football team and immediately start him.

    My point is that this entire situation has been handled poorly by an idiot front office and "clueless to offense to the point that he breaks out in a rash when it is mentioned" (he inserted an offensive play this week for the first time in 3 years as head coach) head coach who effectively shoved him onto a Super Bowl team. They could have had, in 2009, the year with the best (Mangini/Bradway assembled) roster of his term as head coach, a veteran QB who could have more effectively won games without beating the ever living hell out of a Superstar running back and overstretched defense.

    Which we saw last year, aged in 2 years due to abuse.
    I certainly agree that this entire situation has been mishandled by the FO, but what veteran QB were they supposed to get in 2009? Favre said no thanks (if they had agreed to get rid of Schotteheimer then he might have stuck around and they might actually have won the SB) They passed on Cutler for whatever reason which does not look like a mistake now even though I wanted him back then. But other than that what veteran QB were they supposed to get?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 11-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I say if you could see this then why can Jets management.

    I currently teach management and something called Strategic Intervention to college students in NYC. In an hour session you could change what is happening to Sanchez!!!!
    No you couldn't. Sanchez crumbles when he sees the blitz coming because he has been pounded so much and knows his OL won't protect him. You'd have to change the pieces and the protection and that would take more than an hour.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Munich, GER
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Ignoring context, this would appear true.

    However very few QB's don't bust.

    Tannenbaum was out of the umbrella of Mangini's protection and overall very solid player personnel decisions and selections outside of the early rounds.

    Mangini had selected Lowery, Coleman, and acquired good pieces like Kenyon Coleman. Bit guys who could contribute.

    In any even, Tannenbaum and Rex decided to pick a QB with 2 total years of starting experience in High School and College in beautiful weather and being immune to criticism and basically stuff him into the world's largest media market with a rabid fanbase for their football team and immediately start him.

    Green Bay, a much smaller market, but probably with an even more rabid fan base played chicken with Favre to let Rodgers develop. Brees got one more year before Rivers started then was shipped off, with a shredded shoulder nonetheless.

    My point is that this entire situation has been handled poorly by an idiot front office and "clueless to offense to the point that he breaks out in a rash when it is mentioned" (he inserted an offensive play this week for the first time in 3 years as head coach) head coach who effectively shoved him onto a Super Bowl team. They could have had, in 2009, the year with the best (Mangini/Bradway assembled) roster of his term as head coach, a veteran QB who could have more effectively won games without beating the ever living hell out of a Superstar running back and overstretched defense.

    Which we saw last year, aged in 2 years due to abuse.
    I wonder who made the decision to start him though. I am nearly certain that Woody Johnson makes a lot of those decisions, like Favre, like Hard Knocks, to get in revenue and justify the PSLs. Sanchez just looked like the perfect PR-dream when he came into the NFL, the media loved him. But thanks to Hard Knocks we all know that he doe not have the mental strength to deal with failure, and I think that just letting him sit for one year, get some reps and become comfortable with the NFL would have helped to make him emotionally stronger. But we will never know, and now it is too late.

    Sanchez is a wreck mentally right now. We all laughed about the newspaper article when his gf broke up with him because he was so mopey all the time thanks to football, but it just proves that point. He played really well when things went well and he looked like he was having fun. Now he is depressed before the damn game even started. He does not have the emotional strength needed to play QB, and after the last two season, I doubt he will be able to recover.

    edit: Btw, I am 100% certain that Rex, Tanny etc all know how bad Sanchez is right now, but what are they supposed to do? There is no plan B with a QB like Tebow who also sucks. So you lie to the press to keep your team happy and hope that those lies become true.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us