Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as given up on Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.
    Why does it have to be either or?

This team and Sanchez have an equal share in ruining each other (if that makes any sense)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    This Kid has been ruined by this team. Ruined. I don't know why any player would want to come here. Big difference from all the hype in 2009 about players wanting to play for Rex. Offensive players come here to die.
    I hear you BUT.....

Most first round QBs get drafted by teams that are doormats for years not teams that have a top defense and a top running game. The Jets were not 1-15 the year before they drafted him. The Jets were not a rebuilding team when they drafted him. He probably went to the best team to take a qb top 10 in a while.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I certainly agree that this entire situation has been mishandled by the FO, but what veteran QB were they supposed to get in 2009? Favre said no thanks (if they had agreed to get rid of Schotteheimer then he might have stuck around and they might actually have won the SB) They passed on Cutler for whatever reason which does not look like a mistake now even though I wanted him back then. But other than that what veteran QB were they supposed to get?
    In the off-season prior to the 2009 season and the draft, the Washington Redskins were looking to get rid of Jason Campbell, in the final year of his rookie contract.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 25 yr old extremely rich kid was given every chance a nfl qb could dream about. Good running game for years. Good defense. A long leash.

He ruined the team. Not the other way around.

You people are like battered women defending the man that beats you.

Seriously. Sure the team could have have put better wr talent around him, maybe some better coaching but he had a good team to start with. Most Qbs that come into the league top 10 are on horrid teams that do not have the talent to go to their conference championship game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I say if you could see this then why can Jets management.

I currently teach management and something called Strategic Intervention to college students in NYC. In an hour session you could change what is happening to Sanchez!!!!
    YES !!!! It's a surgical operation to attach some farking testicles coupled with some injections of testosterone.

"Mommy, the coach is loud and mean and the guy in the FO won't give me every single thing that I need to be successful."

Dude needs to cowboy the fark up as Bruce Willis would say.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I had a pre game field pass yesterday, and the pass itself was pretty awesome. Met some cool people there.

Among the people I met were Mark's parents. He came over to them and was was hugging them like a little boy. His expression was extreme sadness, and looked like he was ready to cry.

When I saw his expression, I knew we were doomed.
    Hahahaha I don't believe u. No way!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsro71 View Post
    Hahahaha I don't believe u. No way!
    100% truth

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So true. Why the hell do people feel sorry for Sanchez. He just joins the list of NFL QB failures. It does not mean he is a bad guy. Hey David Carr is a nice guy too.
    Because they feel that it wouldn't have been better with anyone else. This team has done nothing to protect Sanchez, even after last year's debacle at RT. They don't learn. When's the last time we drafted offense in the first round? You got it, when we got Sanchez. What have we done since then to help the kid, Diddlely. LG (6th round pick), RT (someone else's cast off), best receiver (cast off for a 5th rounder), #1 RB (3rd rounder). Full back (free agent). Look at how much time he has to throw, look at how small the windows are that he has to throw into. Let's face it, we suck, no one wants to play QB for this team.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 11-12-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: clean up some punctuation.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    I can't defend the way he has played. As far as him ruining us, well that is too far extreme also. Best running game was 2 and 3 years ago and he performed well enough to get them to the AFC final. Further he had better receivers. not having Cotchery who always came up big in both those years. So lets be fair, this organization has eroded the offensive talent over the last 2 years.

I can't defending Sanchez because he still makes stupid mistakes. But I would like to see if we had a decent running game if he would be performing better. Further I just don't see players on this team improving.

Lets call a spade a spade here. This is not a good organization where players improve.
    Agreed! Also the reason he ends up looking so bad is because he's trying to make something happen. One more thing, did you see Seattle's plays in the second half, how many trick plays did they catch us on? Ridiculous, and everyone wants to blame the QB. We suck, end of story.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raug View Post
    I wonder who made the decision to start him though. I am nearly certain that Woody Johnson makes a lot of those decisions, like Favre, like Hard Knocks, to get in revenue and justify the PSLs. Sanchez just looked like the perfect PR-dream when he came into the NFL, the media loved him. But thanks to Hard Knocks we all know that he doe not have the mental strength to deal with failure, and I think that just letting him sit for one year, get some reps and become comfortable with the NFL would have helped to make him emotionally stronger. But we will never know, and now it is too late.

Sanchez is a wreck mentally right now. We all laughed about the newspaper article when his gf broke up with him because he was so mopey all the time thanks to football, but it just proves that point. He played really well when things went well and he looked like he was having fun. Now he is depressed before the damn game even started. He does not have the emotional strength needed to play QB, and after the last two season, I doubt he will be able to recover.

edit: Btw, I am 100% certain that Rex, Tanny etc all know how bad Sanchez is right now, but what are they supposed to do? There is no plan B with a QB like Tebow who also sucks. So you lie to the press to keep your team happy and hope that those lies become true.
    This team has not succession planning at the QB position. They're always going for the big splash. We should never have gone for Favre, we should have stuck with Penny, gotten an veteran backup and drafted Flacco. Instead we get Gholston and Favre. Two years later they're both out of the league. BTW Penny and Flacco both went to the playoffs that year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    In the off-season prior to the 2009 season and the draft, the Washington Redskins were looking to get rid of Jason Campbell, in the final year of his rookie contract.
    And where is he now, backing up Cutler in Chicago. Should have drafted Flacco and let him sit behind Favre, or Penny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is playing worse than Curtis Painter did last yr for the Colts.

The play of the offense is all Mark Sanchez
    The play of the team is all Rex Ryan
    The talent of the team is all Mikey Tannanbaum

Time to fire everyone. Today.not at the end of the season,but today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    100% truth
    Jetman, thats when you should have strolled your big ass over to Sanchez and SLAPPED him in the head and yelled "wake the f up"!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    And where is he now, backing up Cutler in Chicago. Should have drafted Flacco and let him sit behind Favre, or Penny.
    Sanchez was a better prospect than Flacco.

Flacco's braindead.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was Mark's b-day ... perhaps why the "sad" look.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Flacco's braindead.
    You may be right, but I'll bet you he's the starter in Baltimore alot longer than Sanchez will be here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may be right, but I'll bet you he's the starter in Baltimore alot longer than Sanchez will be here.
    If the Jets had Ray Rice Sanchez could start for a long, long time, too.

Although neither has been beyond the AFC Championship, which says a lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Flacco's braindead.
    According to who.

Flacco is a 6'6" 250 lb guy with a cannon who is mobile and had 3 yrs as a starter in college . All this kid needed was time to get acclimated to the speed of the NFL coming from delaware.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I say if you could see this then why can Jets management.

I currently teach management and something called Strategic Intervention to college students in NYC. In an hour session you could change what is happening to Sanchez!!!!

The Jets are a joke!!

Instead they had a color system designed and a dam fog horn to get a player in Sanchez who rushed his progressions anyway to even rush them more!!!

You canít make this nonsense up!!!!

Sanchez was better as a rookie then he is NOW!!!!!!

It is a DISGRACE!!!!

And Jets management from the FO to Rex are responsible!!!
    So freakin' true. Sad but true.

He made PLAYS his first two years here. He played calm and cool and played well under the pressure of playoff football ON THE ROAD. Ever since the lockout, something has happened to this guy. He has regressed badly.

I supported him and badly wanted him to succeed. Now I think the onylo way that happens here is if the Jets get an established offensive mind as the next head coach. I see no way he can ever get better under Rex (whom I also liked and supported.) One of them has to go next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team has not succession planning at the QB position. They're always going for the big splash. We should never have gone for Favre, we should have stuck with Penny, gotten an veteran backup and drafted Flacco. Instead we get Gholston and Favre. Two years later they're both out of the league. BTW Penny and Flacco both went to the playoffs that year.
    Getting Favre was a great move. The bad move was not sitting him when they KNEW he was hurt. Sorry back to Sanchez