Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing I really don't understand.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I really don't understand.

I'm sure this has been talked about over and over but i'm not searching through 100 threads.

Tebow not starting a game so far, fine I can somewhat understand that. Personally I would have started him after the bye but it is what it is. I'm not questioning why Tebow hasn't started a game.

The one question I have is - How the fuuuuuuuuuuck has Tebow not played a full 4th quarter yet? We have had like 4 games where we were blown to sh!t. Games that were clearly over late in the 3rd or early 4th. Why wouldn't we at least let Tebow finish a game that is clearly over just to see if we can somehow make some noise or get a spark. Even if Mark started the following game fine but sometimes you just take a QB out when the game is over and he flat out stinks up the joint. Last year Rex admitted he came very close to yanking Mark and letting Brunell finish a couple games. So if you were close last year, how can we not have seen it this year with a young QB that has somewhat of something to prove and a bit of an upside?

I just don't get this at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it either. Sanchez couldn't hit the ocean yesterday. Look, I don't like him as a player, but WTF did Rex have to lose by inserting Tebow?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I don't get it either. Sanchez couldn't hit the ocean yesterday. Look, I don't like him as a player, but WTF did Rex have to lose by inserting Tebow?

They have to hold Tebow back for the end of the season, so he can win a couple of meaningless games, with some new plays defenses haven't scouted yet to stop.

Then they can sell idiot PSL holders on Tebow as the man for next year, while letting Sanchez sit.

Give Tebow too much play, and he will get shut down too...then they have no marketing plan.

This franchise is a joke. Joe Willie is right.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing!! Tebow is not the answer. This isn't even a start Tebow thread. But if 50 year old Mark Brunell was still the backup QB you insert him late in at least one of our games this year.

3-4 games over by the 4th period and we don't see Tebow in any of them makes absolutley no sense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    They have to hold Tebow back for the end of the season, so he can win a couple of meaningless games, with some new plays defenses haven't scouted yet to stop.

Then they can sell idiot PSL holders on Tebow as the man for next year, while letting Sanchez sit.

Give Tebow too much play, and he will get shut down too...then they have no marketing plan.

If this is true, I'll finally pull up anchor. That scenario would kill any remaining spirit I have left for this team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question about Tebow should be why does he only run the same three plays? If you have this guy here, give him a shot to do something. The one big pass he threw was a perfect pass. Sadly the wr just dropped it. I just don't get it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex probably feels going to Tebow in the 4th is signalling making a permanent change at QB going forward. Going with Brunnel would not have been perceived by anyone that Mark had lost his job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to sell the PSL holders anything, they are locked in. They need to reach the UD guys and the premium seat guys that Tebow would be the answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No such thing as bad publicity. Woody loves that everyone is debating who should be the Jets QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You don't need to sell the PSL holders anything, they are locked in. They need to reach the UD guys and the premium seat guys that Tebow would be the answer.
    Really? Not in the upper deck they're not. This team is staring at blackouts next year, and some PSL holders may just forfeit or sell to brokers for pennies on the dollar. Especially the bad PSL seats....the worst in each price tier.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess they figure yeah it is the 4th quarter. We are down by 20 again and Sanchez has only 70 yards. Lets get his #s up and hope someone thinks his stats are better then they really are. Maybe next year we can dump off 8 mill of his deal on someone else. Yeah good luck with that buddy. I'm not paying to see Sanchez suck one more game that is for sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Tebow is significantly worse that Sanchez so that would be your answer. I might give McElroy a shot but not Tebow.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Well Tebow is significantly worse that Sanchez so that would be your answer. I might give McElroy a shot but not Tebow.
    Sanchez can't make plays in this offense either. So i'll take the guy who at least can make something happen with his legs. Also, as bad as Sanchez has been, you yank his ass at some point for at least a quarter no matter who the backup is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex really wants to go down with the ship on this one. He's hitched his wagon to a loser at QB and it may cost him his job. I don't think Tebow is the answer, but I'm stunned he isn't trying it yet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The real question is why won't they just allow Tebow to finish a drive? All this shuffling of guys on and off the field totally kills offensive momentum. I mean you have Tebow in for 1 play. Defenses are on their heels and you shuffle in Sanchez. Sanchez throws a nice pass for a 1st and you shuffle in the Tebow?

Where is the up-tempo offense and no huddle? Where is the O going for the jugular when the defense is on their heels? Where's the blitz-busting screen pass? I couldn't believe it when they didn't put Tebow in for a full drive after Sanchez's INT in the end zone????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It is amazing that it has come to this. Just shocking and sadly could very well be 100% true.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is not playing because if he reaches a certain amount of snaps more money kicks in. They will start to play him once that figure is unattainable

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I'm sure this has been talked about over and over but i'm not searching through 100 threads.

Tebow not starting a game so far, fine I can somewhat understand that. Personally I would have started him after the bye but it is what it is. I'm not questioning why Tebow hasn't started a game.

The one question I have is - How the fuuuuuuuuuuck has Tebow not played a full 4th quarter yet? We have had like 4 games where we were blown to sh!t. Games that were clearly over late in the 3rd or early 4th. Why wouldn't we at least let Tebow finish a game that is clearly over just to see if we can somehow make some noise or get a spark. Even if Mark started the following game fine but sometimes you just take a QB out when the game is over and he flat out stinks up the joint. Last year Rex admitted he came very close to yanking Mark and letting Brunell finish a couple games. So if you were close last year, how can we not have seen it this year with a young QB that has somewhat of something to prove and a bit of an upside?

I just don't get this at all.
    TEBLOW isn't starting because Timmy sucks as a QB1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Not in the upper deck they're not. This team is staring at blackouts next year, and some PSL holders may just forfeit or sell to brokers for pennies on the dollar. Especially the bad PSL seats....the worst in each price tier.
    There was a forfeit thread and the PSL holders spoke as if they were not going to default in any significant numbers. The financial hit was just to great.

The upper deck guys are the target key for Woody IMO. They don't have to buy STH as there is no PSL forcing them to. Their ticket value may not be there but concessions and parking is pure profit. Rex needs to get them to buy, if he thinks Tebow will get them to buy or if the Tebow heads will buy those seats if he is named the starter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    who the hell knows? my family and friends said the same exact thing yesterday. rex isnt the man we thought he was when he came over from baltimore.