Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Play Backup Plan = FAILURE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Play Backup Plan = FAILURE

With the season going down the crapper, there are many posts suggesting the "solution" is to bench someone (Sanchize, Green) in favor of their backups.

The bottom line: the backups are backups for a reason. Benching a few players will do nothing to improve this season.

Until better talent is brought in to compete for starting jobs, nothing will change.

Note - I don't think things are OK.

The Jets offense needs:
    1) Better RB
    2) Better WR
    3) Better OL
    4) Better TE
    5) Better QB and
    6) Better coaching.

Benching Sanchize for McElroy, Tebow, Farve, Namath will solve nothing. When Sanchize gets benched, it needs to be for someone better than him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Benching Sanchize for McElroy, Tebow, Farve, Namath will solve nothing. When Sanchize gets benched, it needs to be for someone better than him.
    ?? Have you seen the last few games? What QB is NOT a better option than Sanchez? My wife made the keen observation yesterday that Sanchez plays like he has money on the other team.

I did not think it was possible but I truly believe that Sanchez actually makes everyone around him worse. He is the Anti-Franchise. (I think I should copyright that.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the season going down the crapper, there are many posts suggesting the "solution" is to bench someone (Sanchize, Green) in favor of their backups.

The bottom line: the backups are backups for a reason. Benching a few players will do nothing to improve this season.

Until better talent is brought in to compete for starting jobs, nothing will change.

The Jets offense needs:
    1) Better RB
    2) Better WR
    3) Better OL
    4) Better TE
    5) Better QB and
    6) Better coaching.

A leader at QB who can manage the game.

Shonn Greene is not the best but he's decent. The WRs are decent and get open enough to make enough plays. The TEs (Keller needs to be traded) are decent enough to win with. I have my own opinion of the OL that i will keep to myself because Jet fans can't handle it.

This team needs a manager,someone who has proven that they can do the Job at the highest level afforded them thus far . We have 2 of those men on our roster and the Fraud of a HC still insist that the guy with the most talent gives them the best ability to win.

Just because u have talent doesn't mean u know what to do when the odds are against u.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets offense needs:
    1) Better RB
    2) Better WR
    3) Better OL
    4) Better TE
    5) Better QB and
    6) Better coaching.

You bench the starters in this type of season to see what you have on the bench. You may find the next cruz when given the chance. To continue using players that are never challenged by other players on this team is the reason the Jets suck. Rex uses his guys and will never let another player get in there to see what he has is going to be his down fall. This is why players around the league do not want to play for him. The better player really never gets a true shot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    You bench the starters in this type of season to see what you have on the bench. You may find the next cruz when given the chance. To continue using players that are never challenged by other players on this team is the reason the Jets suck. Rex uses his guys and will never let another player get in there to see what he has is going to be his down fall. This is why players around the league do not want to play for him. The better player really never gets a true shot.
    IMO I think Rex plays who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. This is his career.

I do agree you should let the back-ups play, Not only for evaluation purposes for for future development.

Pace, Scott, Smith those are guys that know they won't see another pay check from the jets and they are playing like it.

Bell, Landry and Devito are playing for next years contract.

You have to continue to play your best olineman regardless of age or contract status, as you need to make evaluations on the RB, WRs and QBs, all of whom need the oline to function at the highest level possible.