Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Hoge and Jaworski quotes on ESPN

  1. #1

    Hoge and Jaworski quotes on ESPN

    -Rex is right to stand up to the media and stand by his quarterback
    -put in Tebow and things will get worse

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,081
    -put in Tebow and things will get worse
    What? We can score negative offensive points?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What? We can score negative offensive points?
    +1

  4. #4
    Jaws might be right but there's one thing that can't be ignored.


    The Jets are between a rock and a hard place because the backup is a gimmick. When the team was constructed in the off season, they made a conscious choice to configure it in such a way that if Mark failed, Tebow would be the alternative.

    If Jaws is right and there is no viable option but the play Mark, then the onus is on the people who put the team in the position where there was no other option.

    What this also says is that if Mark goes down, there's no viable option that gives the Jets a chance to win.

    I'm not sure I've ever seen a situation exactly like this. It's a situation where you've determined that the backup would cause greater damage to an already struggling team. Why on Earth would you create that kind of a situation by design????

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    1,693
    How exactly can things get worse? We are at Rock Bottom right now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Jaws might be right but there's one thing that can't be ignored.


    The Jets are between a rock and a hard place because the backup is a gimmick. When the team was constructed in the off season, they made a conscious choice to configure it in such a way that if Mark failed, Tebow would be the alternative.

    If Jaws is right and there is no viable option but the play Mark, then the onus is on the people who put the team in the position where there was no other option.

    What this also says is that if Mark goes down, there's no viable option that gives the Jets a chance to win.

    I'm not sure I've ever seen a situation exactly like this. It's a situation where you've determined that the backup would cause greater damage to an already struggling team. Why on Earth would you create that kind of a situation by design????
    The only saving grace for all involved is an injury to Sanchez, whether it be real or fake it doesn't matter.

  7. #7
    I will say one thing: Rex should publicly support Sanchez until the moment he decides to replace him. Likewise for everyone on the team. It's obvious changes need to be made, but there's nothing to be gained by running the mouth.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,131
    Jaws also said Kellen Clemens was a steal.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,081
    If Tanny did not extended sanchez, he would have been replaced a month ago. The Jets cannot bench him because he has to be on the team next year. That is the only explanation as to why this guy keeps starting football games.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,415
    Posted this many times before, but we should've kept Drew Stanton

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I will say one thing: Rex should publicly support Sanchez until the moment he decides to replace him. Likewise for everyone on the team. It's obvious changes need to be made, but there's nothing to be gained by running the mouth.
    I disagree. Rex is coming off as a complete buffoon by saying "Mark gives us the best chance to win." After him and the offense put up ZERO points.

    It's obvious Sanchez still has no fear of losing his job. He knows he can get away with turning the ball over left and right and never be held accountable for it. The only part that's annoying him is when Tebow comes in for him on random plays.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Posted this many times before, but we should've kept Drew Stanton
    No disagreement here. But in that vein, what good would it do? He'd be sitting in McElroy's seat looking up Sanchez (who Rex won't bench) and Tebow (who Woody wants to start).

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Posted this many times before, but we should've kept Drew Stanton
    Or give McElroy a shot. Pretty sure he would have seen Stephen Hill in the back of the end zone wide open instead of throwing way late to Keller and getting picked. Somehow I think he has the arm strength to make a 20 yard throw.

    I have stood by Sanchez but no more. He is nothing more than a possible back up in the NFL. The excuses are over. And if Rex doesn't see that soon he's tenure is over as well.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I disagree. Rex is coming off as a complete buffoon by saying "Mark gives us the best chance to win." After him and the offense put up ZERO points.

    It's obvious Sanchez still has no fear of losing his job. He knows he can get away with turning the ball over left and right and never be held accountable for it. The only part that's annoying him is when Tebow comes in for him on random plays.
    So pull the trigger and replace Sanchez. Or have a come-to-Jesus meeting with him. But good coaches don't telegraph what they're going to do to the media, they just do it.

  15. #15
    Note to ESPN, we do NOT give a **** what Herm Edwards has to say. STOP torturing us

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What? We can score negative offensive points?
    The Jets have scored 1 offensive touchdown in the last 8 quarters...

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,415
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    No disagreement here. But in that vein, what good would it do? He'd be sitting in McElroy's seat looking up Sanchez (who Rex won't bench) and Tebow (who Woody wants to start).
    If we had kept Stanton and not traded for Tebow, I think Sanchez would've been benched already. I don't buy the conspiracy theories that Sanchez is starting because of his contract, I think it's the fact that Tebow is actually worse than Sanchez and the Jets really have no better option.

    Rex isn't being stubborn, he just doesn't have any other cards to play. And that's Tannenbaum and Woody's fault.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If Tanny did not extended sanchez, he would have been replaced a month ago. The Jets cannot bench him because he has to be on the team next year. That is the only explanation as to why this guy keeps starting football games.
    This is a possibility OR they are waiting till after the Pats game to make a switch because they know Tebow has no shot and Sanchez gives us the best chance to beat the Pats.

    I think the immediate answer is to start alternating QBs on drives against the Rams. Give Tebow a chance to finish a drive and see if he can score points. They said they were looking for a way to use Tebow better. Give him a drive -- at least consecutive plays to make something happen! All this shuffling players on an off the field is not working.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    So pull the trigger and replace Sanchez. Or have a come-to-Jesus meeting with him. But good coaches don't telegraph what they're going to do to the media, they just do it.
    I think it depends on what his real intentions are for the rest of the season. There's still the possibility he's going to start Sanchez for the rest of the year...so maybe in his own mind that's why he keeps supporting him.

  20. #20
    What does this say about the whole Jets organization when the company line remains "Mark gives us our best chance to win" ?? Does Rex really believe this or are instructions being relayed to him from on high.
    If Mark gives us our best chance to win then, we might as well pack it in now, because we have no chance at all.
    It should be clear to everyone now that bringing in Tebow was a huge blunder and never having a real challenge to Mark falls right in the same category.

    It's time to blow the whole thing up and start again. What I would love to see is on Thanksgiving , Met life filled to the brim with fans covered in brown paper bags over there heads. Woody wants headlines, that would give him plenty all across the nation!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us