View Poll Results: In 2013, who should not return?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get rid of Sanchez, keep Rex

20 30.30%
  • Get rid of Rex, keep Sanchez

3 4.55%
  • Get rid of Both

39 59.09%
  • Keep Both

4 6.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it time get rid of Sanchez, Rex or both?

Jets Insider VIP

Is it time get rid of Sanchez, Rex or both?

Lets leave other players, GM, coaches (Sparano) out of it for now. But is this a team fixed with a new QB next year and keeping Rex, a new HC but keeping Sanchez, or would you get rid of both and truly reboot the whole franchise in 2013?

To a degree, I admire Rex's support of his players and Sanchez is a guy he hand picked and who got Rex some big playoff wins. But I think it's time for someone to pry the QB out his hands and for the Jets to move on.

Throw in Tanny and get rid of all three

Hall Of Fame
    Throw out the baby, the bath water, the bath tub and the house.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Throw out the baby, the bath water, the bath tub and the house.
    lol

Start with Tanny, let Rex coach it out.

You have to wonder who's making the PT calls at this point.

Sanchez's contract may make impossible to get rid of him. I believe he is guaranteed $10M next season. No team will take that on.

I'd fire Tanny before Rex really. I never felt Mark was Rex's pick. I remember him commenting after watching both Sanchez and Freeman practice and he actually liked Freeman just as much. I don't think it is his fault this team has ignored filling obvious wholes over the last 3-5 years. Seriously how long has everyone in the league said we need to get anther OLB for our system to work? How many people this preseason said we needed a FB, TE, RT, OLB, and QB but the team bulked on making any real moves? You can't wait till a week before the season to fill spots I am sorry. Rex may support the crap you give him but a good GM knows he needs to add talent without seeing a preseason game. The lack of talented depth on this team is shockingly obvious to everyone but Our GM who continues to trade away every draft pick he can.

Rex had the ancient Brunell as a backup the last two seasons

Now he has McElroy who will likely be nothing more than a 3rd string QB due to his arm and Tebow is basically Sanchez with legs as he is clueless when it comes to reading a defense, has horrid accuracy, and makes stupid decisions with the football.

Also Tannebaum has stuck Sanchez on next year's team so Rex has to account for him being next year.

It's so important to have a good QB in the NFL and Tannenbaum has saddled Rex with possibly the worst starting QB in the entire NFL with no legitimate backup options

For all of the teams flaws, with just slightly above average QB play the Jets would probably not only have won yesterday, but possibly the Texan and Patriot games as well.

Unless the team completely implodes down the stretch Rex's job should be safe.

Tannebaum's is a different story

All Pro
    If sanchez is the starting qb next year, I will not be watching. If Rex is the head coach next year, I might not watch.

Rex is a DC, not a HC. In his pressers he talks about the defense almost exclusively. He is in over his head.

Sanchez need to go too. Maybe he would have been better with better coaching. Maybe not. At this point it doesn't matter. He has been David Carr'd. He is toast. Time to move on. Let him take his confidence to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Rex is a DC, not a HC. In his pressers he talks about the defense almost exclusively. He is in over his head.

Sanchez need to go too. Maybe he would have been better with better coaching. Maybe not. At this point it doesn't matter. He has been David Carr'd. He is toast. Time to move on. Let him take his confidence to the bench.
    His defense is nothing special, so he's not even a good DC anymore
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 11-12-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Misprint

Hall Of Fame
    Both, plus Tannenbaum

Jets Insider VIP
    Never in a million years did I think this franchise would want/need to jettison both its starting QB and Head Coach just two years after both led the Jets to two consecutive AFC Championship Games.

Has there ever been a team in the NFL who achieved similar levels of successful and they wanted to get rid of the two most key figures on the football team?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Lets leave other players, GM, coaches (Sparano) out of it for now.
    No, that makes no sense. If anyone but Woody Johnson were running the Jets, Tanny would have been gone years ago. And a new GM would bring in his own HC and eventually his own QB, which answers your question.

I'm tired of people looking for a scapegoat (again) instead of shining the light on Tannenbaum. He survived Mangini, Favre, Schottenheimer and countless weak offseasons. And he will probably survive again. This franchise just sickens me.

just about every great coach has had a decent qb playing for them. with the exceptions of dilfer, johnson, hostedler, rypien, wiliams, no coach has won the sb without a top notch qb. it's that simple. and while i have pounded at schitty for over 3 seasons, it was not for a lack of production from sanchez but from sanchez and his predecessors. the bottom line is sanchez has got to get better. he can't keep throwing stupid picks and he can't keep getting strip sacked. some of this is due to an oline and backs who don't pick up blitzes very well but it's also due to sanchez just not being decisive and throwing to the open guy. all one needs to do is look at brady. he is always throwing to the guy who is in the clear. maybe some is receiver talent too.

the bottom line is it's very hard to see sanchez make a significant turnaround for the rest of his time as a jet and so it's about time to cut their losses. start tebow or mcelroy and see what happens. it can't be worse at this point.

All League
    Sanchez will be here next year due to his contract. Still, at the very least we need to go into training camp with a legit QB to compete for the starting spot, where its truly up for grabs and not just Sanchez's job to lose.

Rex I would keep for one more year at minimum. He has had alot of success with NO legit QB, NO legit pass rusher, and minimal talent on the DLine. Pouha and DeVito were nothing more than backup quality players who have been in the league sometime prior to Rex......yet they anchored a top run defense for the first 2 years of Rex tenure, and still are very productive. Add in the improvements you see from Mo and Coples and that unit has definitely improved under Rex.

Its very popular to call Rex a DC that just has the title of HC. We had the top running attack year 1, with same personal that Mangini and Schotty had the year prior, and Defenses were able to stack the box against Rex's team as oppose to Mangini's due to the huge difference in the teams Pass Attack (Favre > Sanchez).

Yes, Rex is not Sean Payton. He needs a legit OC and capable QB to be consistently successful.......just like Sean Payton needs a legit DC and talent to have a consistently SB threat type team.

Rex biggest downfall has been hiring Sparano. I want to give Rex one more year, with a NEW GM and NEW OC (one that the new GM has a big hand in picking). Rex really got alot out of those playoff teams, going that far with one of the worst starting QBs, no pass rusher, no game breaking RB, above average at best skill position players, etc. They won because they played as a team, and did it well.

Give Rex one more year with a new GM, new OC (that the new GM has a big hand in picking) and someone to atleast compete with Sanchez for the starting Job. He got so much out of limited talent those first 2 1/2 years he earned one more season after this one in my book.

Sent from my LG-P999

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Sanchez will be here next year due to his contract. Still, at the very least we need to go into training camp with a legit QB to compete for the starting spot, where its truly up for grabs and not just Sanchez's job to lose.

Rex I would keep for one more year at minimum. He has had alot of success with NO legit QB, NO legit pass rusher, and minimal talent on the DLine. Pouha and DeVito were nothing more than backup quality players who have been in the league sometime prior to Rex......yet they anchored a top run defense for the first 2 years of Rex tenure, and still are very productive. Add in the improvements you see from Mo and Coples and that unit has definitely improved under Rex.

Its very popular to call Rex a DC that just has the title of HC. We had the top running attack year 1, with same personal that Mangini and Schotty had the year prior, and Defenses were able to stack the box against Rex's team as oppose to Mangini's due to the huge difference in the teams Pass Attack (Favre > Sanchez).

Yes, Rex is not Sean Payton. He needs a legit OC and capable QB to be consistently successful.......just like Sean Payton needs a legit DC and talent to have a consistently SB threat type team.

Rex biggest downfall has been hiring Sparano. I want to give Rex one more year, with a NEW GM and NEW OC (one that the new GM has a big hand in picking). Rex really got alot out of those playoff teams, going that far with one of the worst starting QBs, no pass rusher, no game breaking RB, above average at best skill position players, etc. They won because they played as a team, and did it well.

Give Rex one more year with a new GM, new OC (that the new GM has a big hand in picking) and someone to atleast compete with Sanchez for the starting Job. He got so much out of limited talent those first 2 1/2 years he earned one more season after this one in my book.

Sent from my LG-P999
    I love this post; should I start a "Give Rex the GM Duties?" thread to get some..."feedback"?

All League
    Keep both, draft Montee Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Sanchez's contract may make impossible to get rid of him. I believe he is guaranteed $10M next season. No team will take that on.
    The Jets will have to eat it, or more likely, split it with another team who will take him, and thank God that the guarantees end next year.

Fire Tannenchez. Let Rex start over somewhere new.

See if Bob Kraft or the Maras will buy the team.

Then, start over.