Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Million Muppet Marchers/PBS Supporters: "Elmo"'s A 'Mo...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Accuser now taking back his story.

What a piece of crap.
    I am sure Grover is behind this. His career was basically destroyed by Elmo's meteoric rise and he was probably looking for some payback.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin Clash accuser retracts statement he had underage gay sex with Elmo voice

Published November 14, 2012

FoxNews.com

NEW YORK – The man who accused Sesame Street's "voice of Elmo," Kevin Clash, of having a sexual encounter with him when he was 16 has retracted his statements about the PBS puppeteer.

In a statement sent to FOX 411 from the unnamed accuser’s attorneys, the 23-year-old took back his allegation.

“He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship,” the statement read. “He will have no further comment on the matter.”

Clash, who has taken a leave of absence to deal with the accusation, is happy to be done with the investigation.

"I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest,” Clash said in a statement sent to FOX 411. “I will not discuss it further."

Still, the shadow of the scandal was an anomaly for the squeaky clean show and its normally behind-the-scenes "Sesame Street" personality. While the legalities involved with Clash's relationship appear to have been settled, having a sex scandal linked to one of the most beloved kids' characters of all time has left some with a bad taste in their mouth.

"So Elmo is apparently NOT a child molester. But a May / December romance with a puppet is still really creepy," one user tweeted.

Another Twitter user chimed in: "Kevin Clash's accuser may have recanted, but the damage is done. Elmo will never be the same."

Clash has a daughter and was once married, according to his IMDB profile. He is also the highest-paid Muppeteer ever, according to the database.

In 2011, Clash gave fans an up-close look at the man behind the muppet when he starred in the documentary "Being Elmo."

Clash also co-authored a book about his journey in 2006 titled "My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud."
    Accuser Paid-Off Conspiracy Theory inbound in 3...2...1.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mitt Romney went after the wrong muppet SMH

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Accuser Paid-Off Conspiracy Theory inbound in 3...2...1.....
    Ok. I'll say it. He was paid off.

Sometimes its good to be the highest paid muppeteer ever.

This guy is still done in the business though.

Sesame street will fire him, he will sue... and we'll be hearing about this ad nauseum for years.

I stopped letting my kids watch that show when the Fugees sang "R is for riot" on one episode.

R is not for riot in my house.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Sesame street will fire him, he will sue... and we'll be hearing about this ad nauseum for years.

I stopped letting my kids watch that show when the Fugees sang "R is for riot" on one episode.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

What about Columbus Day?