Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Seaons over - ride it out with Mark and then move on

  1. #1

    Seaons over - ride it out with Mark and then move on

    Teblow isn't the answer.

    McElnoodle isn't the answer.

    Just let Mark finish the season, we can all say we gave him 4 full years, and then lets move on if we find a better option.

    Making a change now, for the sake of making a change, is going to accomplish nothing.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Teblow isn't the answer.

    McElnoodle isn't the answer
    .

    Just let Mark finish the season, we can all say we gave him 4 full years, and then lets move on if we find a better option.

    Making a change now, for the sake of making a change, is going to accomplish nothing.
    OK i'll bite, what was the question?

  3. #3
    I say we keep Mark for the rest of the season and then after this season either Mark or Rex comes back. I can't see things changing with both Mark and Rex back in 2013.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Making a change now, for the sake of making a change, is going to accomplish nothing.
    It wouldn't be "for the sake of making a change".

    It would be directly and 100% based on poor performance.

    If a change "accomplishes nothing", what does the status quo accomplish?

  5. #5
    What do you mean Move On! Sanchez is GUARANTEED 9 MILLION next year. He is the Jets QB, until they draft a legit qb who will sit behind him for a year.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Leaving mark in is the key to going 3-13 and getting a great draft pick.

    Putting tebow in would be disasterous at this point because he will win 3 or 4 games.

    Leave mark in!

  7. #7
    Tebow isn't going to win squat. He had playmakers around him last year and a running game, along with stellar Defense. Mark has been atrocious and deserves to be benched. We need to get Tebow in there now so he can be exposed for the pile of dog**** he is as well so we can truly move on next year. The worst thing this organization could do is leave Mark in, let him blow for the rest of the ear, then expect Tebow to be the answer next season.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It wouldn't be "for the sake of making a change".

    It would be directly and 100% based on poor performance.

    If a change "accomplishes nothing", what does the status quo accomplish?
    This isn't politics or the economy which run ad perpetuum, and where changes and recalibration need to be implemented continuously. Also, the possibilities of changes being made are limitless and unknown.

    This is an NFL season which restarts every 7th month with a set number of variables on the field (11 on O, 11 on D, 11 on ST), and where the possibilities of change are limited and known.

    Benching Sanchez on poor play to start Tebow who is a known downgrade, is not going to help a situation...even if we want to implement strictly a philosophical change.

    Sanchez isn't good. That is know. He is however, the best that we have. Introducing Tim as starter is literally forfeiting the season.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Tebow beat us last year on the final drive by himself. yet there are still bozos here who think he cant win a game with the jets. And its all based on pure hate for a guy cause he talks about god and is a running qb. pathetic.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tebow isn't going to win squat. He had playmakers around him last year and a running game, along with stellar Defense. Mark has been atrocious and deserves to be benched. We need to get Tebow in there now so he can be exposed for the pile of dog**** he is as well so we can truly move on next year. The worst thing this organization could do is leave Mark in, let him blow for the rest of the ear, then expect Tebow to be the answer next season.
    Ok, I was wrong above.

    I guess there is a plausible reason to bench Mark in favor of Tim.

    This is it.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,735
    Sure.....and what about Suckchez' gigantic, bulbous, ridiculous cap hit for next year?

    Just deal with it? Think again. Mark is the QB next year.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow beat us last year on the final drive by himself. yet there are still bozos here who think he cant win a game with the jets. And its all based on pure hate for a guy cause he talks about god and is a running qb. pathetic.
    Nah, I loved him last year in large part because his running brought excitement to the game, and because he was so devoted to being a good person on and off the field, and was proud of his faith.

    However, even at the time, I fiercely stated that as much as I love Tim Tebow, the thing I loved most about him was that he wasn't the NYJets problem.

    I think a lot more people feel this way, than the way you outlined. I think your unabashed hard-on for him clouds your judgement of his play and the opinion of Jets fans who want nothing to do with him.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Sure.....and what about Suckchez' gigantic, bulbous, ridiculous cap hit for next year?

    Just deal with it? Think again. Mark is the QB next year.


    However, efforts should be made to have a competent backup to step in when Mark screws up.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Nah, I loved him last year in large part because his running brought excitement to the game, and because he was so devoted to being a good person on and off the field, and was proud of his faith.

    However, even at the time, I fiercely stated that as much as I love Tim Tebow, the thing I loved most about him was that he wasn't the NYJets problem.

    I think a lot more people feel this way, than the way you outlined. I think your unabashed hard-on for him clouds your judgement of his play and the opinion of Jets fans who want nothing to do with him.
    So according to you, he brought excitement last year. He also won games.

    So if the Jets put in a guy who is exciting and won games last year, then they are forfieting the season?

  15. #15
    No.

    Make it clear now that the spineless, heartless wonder is DONE.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    This isn't politics or the economy which run ad perpetuum, and where changes and recalibration need to be implemented continuously. Also, the possibilities of changes being made are limitless and unknown.

    This is an NFL season which restarts every 7th month with a set number of variables on the field (11 on O, 11 on D, 11 on ST), and where the possibilities of change are limited and known.

    Benching Sanchez on poor play to start Tebow who is a known downgrade, is not going to help a situation...even if we want to implement strictly a philosophical change.

    Sanchez isn't good. That is know. He is however, the best that we have. Introducing Tim as starter is literally forfeiting the season.
    Why is Tim Tebow here? Ask yourself that? We gave up a 4th and 7th round pick for him, paid a millions dollars to DEN as well, and flew him in on a private Jet and held a major press conference to introduce him. We went through the enitre preseason featuring him, having ESPN in camp to highlight practice plays with Tebow. Then all the sudden we go into the season and we barely use him. If it's not completely clear that Rex wanted nothing to do with Tebow I don't know how to make it any more obvious. I also am willing to bet Tannenbaum didn't want him either, but I can't say definitively. But the bottom line is Woody absolutely saddled this team with Tebow, and frankly if we do not give Tebow a shot you can bet your ass Woody will probably begin pressuring the team to give Tebow a shot next year. Let Tebow play now, he will fail miserably and the team can move on.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post


    However, efforts should be made to have a competent backup to step in when Mark screws up.
    Yes, this is a option.
    Im far from a Capologist, but i just can not see the team taking a 10? million dollar cap hit next year to dump Sanchez.

    No team will EVER trade for him.

    I think we are stuck, however the Rookie QB thing still makes limited sense as long as they keep him Far away from Mark, and also the Rookie salary cap would help ease the pain....

    Ive been asking for possible options to ditch the Sanchize for 2 + weeks on here, and there have been little to no responses.

  18. #18
    Get Matt Prater in here to bang in game winning 50+ yarders, and I'm all for starting Tim.

    Until then, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLBOW.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAnCgjeZ4Q

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Get Matt Prater in here to bang in game winning 50+ yarders, and I'm all for starting Tim.

    Until then, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLBOW.
    Folk is just as good as prater. Whats your point?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Folk is just as good as prater. Whats your point?
    Matt Prater da BESS. Dude makes Tebow look like a winner.

    PRATER! PRATER! PRATER!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us