Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seaons over - ride it out with Mark and then move on

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    What do you mean Move On! Sanchez is GUARANTEED 9 MILLION next year. He is the Jets QB, until they draft a legit qb who will sit behind him for a year.

There are ZERO good QBs in the next draft class. Maybe in two years. Geno Smith stinks (check his performance lately) and Matt Barkley (another shining softie from USC) is not any better.
    It also depends on who wants to come out early. Same with a REAL DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So according to you, he brought excitement last year. He also won games.

So if the Jets put in a guy who is exciting and won games last year, then they are forfieting the season?
    According to YOU, he won games. I never said such things. I said he brought excitement.

He absolutely did not win games. He was part of the Broncos machine that won games and was dominant in the fourth, similar to how it still is now.

Much has to do with coaching and conditioning, and much else with how that team is built with pass rushing closers, a strong back end which limits late game throwing heroics, and a powerful offensive line which wears down opposing defenses in the first three quarters, and piles it on in the fourth.

The difference, is that this broncos team, with a real QB, is asking the QB to go out and win every time he's on the field, and the games reflect that in the scores and statistics.

Tebow's offense was asked not to lose the game for the first 3.5 quarters of each game, and again, the games reflected that.

I'll give Tebow credit for being part of the teams that won those games late (and also lost three regular season games in a row to close the season, similar to your arch enemy Mark Sanchez), but I won't give him credit for winning those games.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Nah, I loved him last year in large part because his running brought excitement to the game, and because he was so devoted to being a good person on and off the field, and was proud of his faith.

However, even at the time, I fiercely stated that as much as I love Tim Tebow, the thing I loved most about him was that he wasn't the NYJets problem.

I think a lot more people feel this way, than the way you outlined. I think your unabashed hard-on for him clouds your judgement of his play and the opinion of Jets fans who want nothing to do with him.
    Let me get this straight. Your opinion is that those who disagree with you about Tebow... Have a skewed and overly broad opinion of those who disagree with them about Tebow.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Let me get this straight. Your opinion is that those who disagree with you about Tebow... Have a skewed and overly broad opinion of those who disagree with them about Tebow.

Seriously?
    Actually, if you'd like to check the archives of JI, you'd see that this is the first time I've stated my dislike for Tebow. You'll also see that Joe W. Namath has been the biggest pro-tebow poster on this site since the moment we got him...hoping for Sanchez (the starting QB of the team he loves) to fail, just so that Tebow could play.

I read the boards 10x's, daily. It doesn't take much to know how he feels. I'm not saying that anyone who disagrees with me about Tebow has a hard-on or is clouded in judgement. I'm saying that he in particular, is.

Actually, if you'd like to check the archives of JI, you'd see that this is the first time I've stated my dislike for Tebow. You'll also see that Joe W. Namath has been the biggest pro-tebow poster on this site since the moment we got him...hoping for Sanchez (the starting QB of the team he loves) to fail, just so that Tebow could play.

I read the boards 10x's, daily. It doesn't take much to know how he feels. I'm not saying that anyone who disagrees with me about Tebow has a hard-on or is clouded in judgement. I'm saying that he in particular, is.
    That's not entirely true. That Vinny character seems to be Tim's mother.

Fair enough, but it's hard to imagine someone who refers to a quarterback with a winning record as a "known downgrade" isn't somewhat biased.

Do i think the Jet's will win the superbowl with Tebow? No.

Do i think they have a better chance than with Sanchez, absolutely.

I understand the criticisms against Tebow, i really do. But to state as if it's a matter of fact that the jets will suck even worse if they start Tebow, is just plain silly.

Fair enough, but it's hard to imagine someone who refers to a quarterback with a winning record as a "known downgrade" isn't somewhat biased.

Do i think the Jet's will win the superbowl with Tebow? No.

Do i think they have a better chance than with Sanchez, absolutely.

I understand the criticisms against Tebow, i really do. But to state as if it's a matter of fact that the jets will suck even worse if they start Tebow, is just plain silly.
    Doesn't Sanchez have a winning record, too? These guys aren't Peyton or Brady, so let's not pretend like they put their teams on their back, lol. Both QBs are terrible, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Doesn't Sanchez have a winning record, too? These guys aren't Peyton or Brady, so let's not pretend like they put their teams on their back, lol. Both QBs are terrible, honestly.
    You're right, and if i was say Kansas City, and had Sanchez as a backup, i'd probable start him too. You don't know what will happen with a change in scenery, and what do you have to lose?

I can't say Tebow is terrible yet. Let him have a bad year before we label him terrible. After '09 no one was looking to get rid of Sanchez, and it's not like he played spectacularly. He was winning now, he's not anymore. Let's see if Tebow can do it, he did it in Denver.

You're right, and if i was say Kansas City, and had Sanchez as a backup, i'd probable start him too. You don't know what will happen with a change in scenery, and what do you have to lose?

I can't say Tebow is terrible yet. Let him have a bad year before we label him terrible. After '09 no one was looking to get rid of Sanchez, and it's not like he played spectacularly. He was winning now, he's not anymore. Let's see if Tebow can do it, he did it in Denver.
    2011. There.

There's a reason why Fox and Elway got rid of this guy, mate. Tim isn't a good QB and would not help us do any better than Mark does. Not that it REALLY matters at this point, but whatever.

Hopefully, we'll get a viable backup in the offseason (since we're married to Mark for the foreseeable future) and have someone who can actually come into the game when Cantchez screws up again. It'd also be nice to be rid of this Tebow circus that Woody cursed us with.

See the thing is, he did have a bad year. A terrible year. Because he's Tim Tebow and so adored that fact got buried. He led his offense to an average of 16 points per game, had the worst RZ points ratio in the league, and the worst QB rating in the RZ. He was terrible. All that I still think he needs to start now. We need to show the world and most importantly our owner just how bad he is so we can move the hell on.

Jets Insider VIP
    since we're married to Mark for the foreseeable future
    How do you sell the fanbase on making mark the starter next year? Nobody is going to watch the games if he is the starter.

How do you sell the fanbase on making mark the starter next year? Nobody is going to watch the games if he is the starter.
    Yes they will, lol. No matter how dumb it is, fans will still tune in and go to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tebow isn't going to win squat. He had playmakers around him last year and a running game, along with stellar Defense. Mark has been atrocious and deserves to be benched. We need to get Tebow in there now so he can be exposed for the pile of dog**** he is as well so we can truly move on next year. The worst thing this organization could do is leave Mark in, let him blow for the rest of the ear, then expect Tebow to be the answer next season.
    Who??

Wait also that D wasn't so stellar last year they gave up a lot of points.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 11-12-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes they will, lol. No matter how dumb it is, fans will still tune in and go to games.
    Nobody is going to the stadium to watch sanchez next year. nobody. Are you watching how bad this guy? Hes record setting bad.

Nobody is going to the stadium to watch sanchez next year. nobody. Are you watching how bad this guy? Hes record setting bad.
    Actually, that would be your boy Tebow of 2011.

Yes, they will. Mark was **** last year and people still went. Hell, you could put ME in there and I would still draw attention (5'10 QB who can barely throw 30 yards downfield? Oh, now this should be entertaining).

Your extreme view on things rather far-fetched.

All League
    Sanchez cannot be replaced by Tebow because there is 0% chance that Tebow is the long-term solution for the NY Jets at QB. There is still something like a 5% chance that Mark Sanchez is the answer. It's slight, but it's still nonzero.

With the financial commitment to Sanchez next season, I will assume that Sanchez and McElroy will "battle" for the starting gig. Sanchez will win the competition. Within the first 4 games or so, if it remains clear that Sanchez just does not have it, then we will have a 12+ game sample size to judge McElroy's long term prospects.

But 2 things are crystal clear to me:
    1) We need to offload Tebow some how this offseason. He has some talents, but it is completely canceled out by the media hoopla/distraction.
    2) We should not draft a (1st round) QB this year. None of these prospects are worth while. Draft some offensive skill players. Draft a pass rusher. Focus on the 2014 draft for QB (if need be).

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Teblow isn't the answer.

McElnoodle isn't the answer.

Just let Mark finish the season, we can all say we gave him 4 full years, and then lets move on if we find a better option.

Making a change now, for the sake of making a change, is going to accomplish nothing.
    The problem is he's your starter next season too.

You're talking about riding out the remaining 7 games this year and all 16 next year. 23 games of horrible football and then you're playing with a rookie QB the year after that....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Who??

Wait also that D wasn't so stellar last year they gave up a lot of points.
    McGahee, Thomas, Decker is worlds, and I mean WORLDS better than Greene, Holmes and Hill. Greene, Kerley and Hill is not even worth discussing. But let's not even go there. Let's go to the D that you claim gave up alot of points. Tim Tebow averaged 16 points on offense last year. 16. That defense played phenominal for them.

Tebow beat us last year on the final drive by himself. yet there are still bozos here who think he cant win a game with the jets. And its all based on pure hate for a guy cause he talks about god and is a running qb. pathetic.
    Would you listen to yourself there? Tebow beat the Jets DEFENSE which has sucked ass since Day One when it mattered the most.

His defense had to pitch a shutout to make up for his 56 minutes of SUCK so that he could have that one final miracle drive in the end to eke out an undeserved victory.