Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seaons over - ride it out with Mark and then move on

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Sanchez cannot be replaced by Tebow because there is 0% chance that Tebow is the long-term solution for the NY Jets at QB. There is still something like a 5% chance that Mark Sanchez is the answer. It's slight, but it's still nonzero.

With the financial commitment to Sanchez next season, I will assume that Sanchez and McElroy will "battle" for the starting gig. Sanchez will win the competition. Within the first 4 games or so, if it remains clear that Sanchez just does not have it, then we will have a 12+ game sample size to judge McElroy's long term prospects.

But 2 things are crystal clear to me:
    1) We need to offload Tebow some how this offseason. He has some talents, but it is completely canceled out by the media hoopla/distraction.
    2) We should not draft a (1st round) QB this year. None of these prospects are worth while. Draft some offensive skill players. Draft a pass rusher. Focus on the 2014 draft for QB (if need be).
    I just cried a little. If we have both of those POS on the team next year I'm becoming a Giants fan. Mcnuts shouldn't even be on the team right now. This years QB class is 10x better then 2014. So if we pass on QB then draft anther bust to get a QB in 2014 I just couldn't handle it. If Barkley, Geno, Wilson, or Brey is there and we still haven't found a starter they better draft one. PERIOD. If we end up drafting Zach Mettenberger in the 1st in 2014 I will puke. It will be the same crap all over again. Unless Brey stays anther year there isn't one QB worth a damn in 2014. A 6ft Murray, Thomas who throws uglier then Tebow, Zach Mettenberger, and A.J. McCarron top that sad class. Not one of which is worth more then a 3rd IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just cried a little. If we have both of those POS on the team next year I'm becoming a Giants fan. Mcnuts shouldn't even be on the team right now. This years QB class is 10x better then 2014. So if we pass on QB then draft anther bust to get a QB in 2014 I just couldn't handle it. If Barkley, Geno, Wilson, or Brey is there and we still haven't found a starter they better draft one. PERIOD. If we end up drafting Zach Mettenberger in the 1st in 2014 I will puke. It will be the same crap all over again. Unless Brey stays anther year there isn't one QB worth a damn in 2014. A 6ft Murray, Thomas who throws uglier then Tebow, Zach Mettenberger, and A.J. McCarron top that sad class. Not one of which is worth more then a 3rd IMO.
    Only TYLER WILSON is the QB that the Jets should go after. And I doubt he remains on the board long enough for the Jets to draft him.

I just think that Geno won't live up to the Hype.

And Barkley? ANOTHER USC QB? HELL NO! 99% OF THEM BUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow beat us last year on the final drive by himself. yet there are still bozos here who think he cant win a game with the jets. And its all based on pure hate for a guy cause he talks about god and is a running qb. pathetic.
    Chad Henne did too. I have no idea what his religion is but I'm not into him being our starter either.

Way to be loyal.

In any event, Sanchez is definitely here next year due to his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Only TYLER WILSON is the QB that the Jets should go after. And I doubt he remains on the board long enough for the Jets to draft him.

Hell no to Barkley...I don't care about the history of USC QBs...that's more of a supplemental anecdote when evaluating a QB, not a fact to make a decision on. The guy can't lead, and has had Lane Kiffin in his ear for the past two years. I don't want him.

Geno will bust if he's picked in the first and thrown straight into the fire.

Wilson looks like the best of the bunch, but he's not NFL-accurate...meaning he can pass against college defenses, but it won't fly in the NFL; similar to Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Hell no to Barkley...I don't care about the history of USC QBs...that's more of a supplemental anecdote when evaluating a QB, not a fact to make a decision on. The guy can't lead, and has had Lane Kiffin in his ear for the past two years. I don't want him.

Geno will bust if he's picked in the first and thrown straight into the fire.

Wilson looks like the best of the bunch, but he's not NFL-accurate...meaning he can pass against college defenses, but it won't fly in the NFL; similar to Sanchez.
    My only fear with a guy like Barkley is that Kiffen may have already ruined him. Everything and every one Kiffen touches turns into crap. Barkley isn't real big but big enough. He is one of the best technical prospects I have seen and will be a good pro. I love the fact he stayed with USC despite being sanctioned. Showed he isn't a quitter and he stayed loyal to his team. Not sure what you mean by can't lead his career has shown the opposite. I hate all things USC but I'd be thrilled to have Barkley. I honestly don't get the hate he gets. He is a better prospect then Bradford or Stafford where IMO and both went #1 overall.

My only fear with a guy like Barkley is that Kiffen may have already ruined him. Everything and every one Kiffen touches turns into crap. Barkley isn't real big but big enough. He is one of the best technical prospects I have seen and will be a good pro. I love the fact he stayed with USC despite being sanctioned. Showed he isn't a quitter and he stayed loyal to his team. Not sure what you mean by can't lead his career has shown the opposite. I hate all things USC but I'd be thrilled to have Barkley. I honestly don't get the hate he gets. He is a better prospect then Bradford or Stafford where IMO and both went #1 overall.
    My son, whos a college football geek agrees with you & he's not a Jets fan.
    Thinks Barkley is WAY better than Sanchez, not as good as Luck but who is, but definitely above average NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Do you really trust the current head coach and GM to draft another QB and develop him? What leads you to believe that anything will be different? There is no way I allow Rex and Tanny to draft another QB, when Sanchez is gone, so should Rex and Tanny.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow beat us last year on the final drive by himself. yet there are still bozos here who think he cant win a game with the jets. And its all based on pure hate for a guy cause he talks about god and is a running qb. pathetic.
    Unfortunately the key to that win, Eric Smith, is still on the team. So the only team Tebow can beat is the one with Eric Smith on it.

Give me Bray in the second and hire Turner at OC to groom him to take over in 2014. We are stuck with Sanchez in 2013 anyway, so might as well let him take the beating while we fix the OL (need to pick up guards and RT in the draft too). Allowing a rookie to strictly drill on the fundamentals and playbook while building up the talent around him is a great foundation for success. Reinforce good habits and prevent the development of bad ones (by giving him good protection and developed skill players the following year).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Give me Bray in the second and hire Turner at OC to groom him to take over in 2014. We are stuck with Sanchez in 2013 anyway, so might as well let him take the beating while we fix the OL (need to pick up guards and RT in the draft too). Allowing a rookie to strictly drill on the fundamentals and playbook while building up the talent around him is a great foundation for success. Reinforce good habits and prevent the development of bad ones (by giving him good protection and developed skill players the following year).
    I would take Bray also but if i have a shot at a Pass rushing OLB or potential probowl LT i am taking him 1st.

I like 2 QBs from this draft. Bray and the Kid at NC State. I absolutely Love Sean Renfree at Duke.