Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This seems like a lifetime ago

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems like a lifetime ago

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened? Replaced Damian Woody with Wayne Hunter, then Austin Howard. Replaced Braylon Edwards with Plaxico, then Shilens. Replace Thomas Jones with Ladanian, then with Greene. Replace Tony Richardson with John Connor then Hilliard. Need I go on?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    What happened? Replaced Damian Woody with Wayne Hunter, then Austin Howard. Replaced Braylon Edwards with Plaxico, then Shilens. Replace Thomas Jones with Ladanian, then with Greene. Replace Tony Richardson with John Connor then Hilliard. Need I go on?
    I hear ya Bro!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy gets it!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive said this before and I will say it again. This is like a divorce. Doesnt mean u can never have a succesful relationship in ur life. Things were good at one point with this girl but they went to **** and there was no going back. U can still get remarried and be happy.

Same thing here. Sanchez was successful here but it went to crap. There is no going back and it will never work again. This doesnt mean mark cant go somewhere else and be successful. But it will never, ever happen again in NY.

This post proves we are in the point of the relationship where we are thinking back on the good times and still holding out hope they will come back. If you have been divorced you know.........they aint coming back.

Bench this guy and get it over with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is truth to this. But sadly the damage has been done. We can now surround sanchez with a plethora of talent, it wont matter. the relationship is broken. Mentally, emotionally etc he is done here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Fire Schotty"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ive said this before and I will say it again. This is like a divorce. Doesnt mean u can never have a succesful relationship in ur life. Things were good at one point with this girl but they went to **** and there was no going back. U can still get remarried and be happy.

Same thing here. Sanchez was successful here but it went to crap. There is no going back and it will never work again. This doesnt mean mark cant go somewhere else and be successful. But it will never, ever happen again in NY.

This post proves we are in the point of the relationship where we are thinking back on the good times and still holding out hope they will come back. If you have been divorced you know.........they aint coming back.

So who is REALLY to blame here?

Mark? OR MANAGEMENT FOR KNOWINGLY DRAFTING AN INACCURATE QB WHO *NEEDS* BIG-TIME PLAYMAKERS TO MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD?

Playmakers that Management got rid of due to a Meddling Owner.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeebus. No need....brutal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not making excuses for Sanchez, but when was the last time the called a bootleg for him on 3rd and short? Then again, how often do they get 3rd and short?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Not making excuses for Sanchez, but when was the last time the called a bootleg for him on 3rd and short? Then again, how often do they get 3rd and short?
    Why is it that Chiropractors, accountants and a bunch of other guys see it but the JETS don't?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex lost weight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why is it that Chiropractors, accountants and a bunch of other guys see it but the JETS don't?
    It is was a complete failure on Tanny and Rex's part to build this team the right way. How many of us were complaining about the lack of talent on this team during the off season and training camp? I had brought up the disaster that the WR corps were before the Holmes injury in training camp, and was told by the usual parties that there was depth and potential there...LOL. We brought up lack of talent at RB and were told that Greene is a solid #1 and Powell and McKnight had potential. It was a joke, this team had to have everything break right for a winning season, everything. You can not win without talent in this league, especially when you have a head coach that only sees and cares about half the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Thing is, I practice in the town McElroy played HS in. I know a ton of people that have known his family for years. I'd LOVE for him to be the QB, but this year I don't see any way he could succeed with this team. I think he'll get pumelled and people will say he sucks, when there is no way for him to win.

All I have ever heard about him, is that he works really hard at everything he does, he is really bright, he is likable, and he wins. I know, it's HS, but winning state championships in Texas, then winning a National Title at Alabama has to show something.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thing is, I practice in the town McElroy played HS in. I know a ton of people that have known his family for years. I'd LOVE for him to be the QB, but this year I don't see any way he could succeed with this team. I think he'll get pumelled and people will say he sucks, when there is no way for him to win.

All I have ever heard about him, is that he works really hard at everything he does, he is really bright, he is likable, and he wins. I know, it's HS, but winning state championships in Texas, then winning a National Title at Alabama has to show something.
    The sad part for McElroy this year is that he doesnt even suit up for the games and he doesnt get hardly any reps in practice. It would be incredibly unfair to bring him in right now and expect him to perform. The guy hasnt played since pre season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

He has lost only one game since high school.... THAT is pretty inredible.

He should have been released like Woodhead so he could at least play for a team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They haven't ran that great play-action bootleg since then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

I agree, I think Mark is shot. I think Mark had a ceiling no matter what the talent is around him. He's never going to be a top tier QB. But I do feel with the right coaching and program around him he could have been better than just serviceable. Maybe he'll reach his cieling elsewhere, but it won't be here. It's time to play Tebow, expose his ass so we can move on next year. We need a new regime next season who draft their own guy.

We need a new owner (one can dream), we need a new GM (must happen), we need a new coach (also must happen), and we need to draft a top tier QB. Period.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fat Rex had teh Swagger®.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It is was a complete failure on Tanny and Rex's part to build this team the right way. How many of us were complaining about the lack of talent on this team during the off season and training camp? I had brought up the disaster that the WR corps were before the Holmes injury in training camp, and was told by the usual parties that there was depth and potential there...LOL. We brought up lack of talent at RB and were told that Greene is a solid #1 and Powell and McKnight had potential. It was a joke, this team had to have everything break right for a winning season, everything. You can not win without talent in this league, especially when you have a head coach that only sees and cares about half the field.

Good post. We have the worst skill players in the league, you can't find another team that does not have at least one very good or top tier RB, WR or TE. We don't even have any average skill players, except Kerley.