Thread: Every major role on our team has flaws of their own

Every major role on our team has flaws of their own

Combine them and it becomes the powder keg of futility we are witnessing...

Woody-Just not a football guy by any means. He had no business inflicting Tebow on this team. Is clueless evaluating leaders and staff.

Tannenbaum-Just horrible at evaluating talent. Looking back he's had one good draft for this team. One. I'm also going to lump in our talent evaluating team here. I've heard mention of Terry Bradway being solid. Based on what? He was terrible as our GM,and being Tanny's right hand man he's been pretty awful as well. Seriously, our drafts have been atrocious. Throw in Rex wanting nothing but defensive guys and you're left with one dimensional horrible player analysis. Tanny has also been married to guaranteeing contracts to free up room in the cap. This has finally come back to bite him. Also in FA he has consistently been replacing guys with worse and worse players. He MUST go.

Rex-Look, i loved when he came here. Loved him even more after 2 seasons. I knew then he was one dimensional, but so are most head coaches. The problem now is the game has changed since Rex was hired. You can no longer hit QB's unnecessarily, and you can hardly touch a WR anymore. Go read his book, his entire philosophy is hitting the QB, even if it doesn't result in a sack. It also relies heavily on man to man physical play in the secondary. You just can't do these things anymore. Furthermore, because of this you are not likely to win long term playing strictly ball control offense. You need to score points. Rex needs to evolve, however I just don't see it happening.

Sanchez-Pretty obvious he needs ALOT of talent around him to be successful.His ceiling is not that of the elite. Not even close. I do think he can be better than serviceable, but he needs to right pieces and the right program. Rex is not that guy and we are not that program.

Each one of these guys has a pretty significant flaw on his own. Put each of them in a situation where they have better people around them and they might be pretty good or at least decent. Tanny with a good coach and solid scouting might do well as a GM. Rex.....I'm not so sold on him. Woody would be fine with a competent GM and coach that tells him to stay quiet and out of the way. Sanchez....with a good QB coach and OC I think he could be ok. But you put all these guys together and each of their individual flaws intertwine into a massive web of incompetence. They all need to go.

the key core just isnt here. on offense we have not 1 playmaker even with holmes healthy. holmes paired up with the likes of edwards made them both playmakers in this offense. this team isnt what we thought it would be.

preseason was a preview of just how bad this offense was going to be and nothing was done to improve it signing hill and grimes and cutting conner wasnt the answer or the fix.

woody tanny and rex are all at fault.

We also have Westhoff, who as we know redefined special teams but you also have to be a prick to get guys to bust their azzes.
    Westhoff coaches like a bastard, that's all fine & dandy unless the ENTIRE TEAM knows that this is your last year!
    I don't think there is one player on this team that is AFRAID for their job!
    There is absolutely zero accountability & when your QB continually turns the ball over game, after game, after game making the same BONEHEADED mistakes it has to have an effect on the whole team.
    There has to be players on this team that deep down have no confidence in Sanchez.
    It trickles down
    Players don't concentrate, receivers don't run their routes, Olineman take plays off, hell Pace, Thomas, Pouha, Scott, they ALL KNOW they will not be collecting checks as NY Jets.
    I've said this before, The 2012 NY Jets are a RUDDERLESS SHIP!
    How can you fault Mcelroy for saying what he witnessed last year? Really?

Rex, just like his father are supernovas. They come in blasting & yapping but they go out like sparklers. Rex is DONE! Sanchez is DONE!
    The sooner the chief clown Woody Johnson realizes this the better.
    3-9 in our last 12! In a league full of average parity!
    We are not far from being the Jacksonville Jaguars! Think about that for a second!

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    We also have Westhoff, who as we know redefined special teams but you also have to be a prick to get guys to bust their azzes.
    Westhoff coaches like a bastard, that's all fine & dandy unless the ENTIRE TEAM knows that this is your last year!
    I don't think there is one player on this team that is AFRAID for their job!
    There is absolutely zero accountability & when your QB continually turns the ball over game, after game, after game making the same BONEHEADED mistakes it has to have an effect on the whole team.
    There has to be players on this team that deep down have no confidence in Sanchez.
    It trickles down
    Players don't concentrate, receivers don't run their routes, Olineman take plays off, hell Pace, Thomas, Pouha, Scott, they ALL KNOW they will not be collecting checks as NY Jets.
    I've said this before, The 2012 NY Jets are a RUDDERLESS SHIP!
    How can you fault Mcelroy for saying what he witnessed last year? Really?

Rex, just like his father are supernovas. They come in blasting & yapping but they go out like sparklers. Rex is DONE! Sanchez is DONE!
    The sooner the chief clown Woody Johnson realizes this the better.
    3-9 in our last 12! In a league full of average parity!
    We are not far from being the Jacksonville Jaguars! Think about that for a second!
    Not only are there players who don't believe in Sanchez, the players also know there is a divide amongst the leadership. It's obvious Woody wants Tebow to be showcased, if not outright starting, and Rex and Sparano do not. Not sure where Tanny sits on this, but the divide exists somewhere for sure. How can the players really rally behind a coach who is undermined by ownership and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Not only are there players who don't believe in Sanchez, the players also know there is a divide amongst the leadership. It's obvious Woody wants Tebow to be showcased, if not outright starting, and Rex and Sparano do not. Not sure where Tanny sits on this, but the divide exists somewhere for sure. How can the players really rally behind a coach who is undermined by ownership and vice versa?
    What matters is they are NOT rallying behind the coach! They are NOT playing good football! They are CONSISTANTLY making crucial mistakes.
    None of them are getting BETTER & the team looks worse in some way each week.
    It's kind of spiraling out of control.
    Fans saw the flaws but the leaders kept saying, "what flaws?"
    Fans aren't stupid. Footballs not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    What matters is they are NOT rallying behind the coach! They are NOT playing good football! They are CONSISTANTLY making crucial mistakes.
    None of them are getting BETTER & the team looks worse in some way each week.
    It's kind of spiraling out of control.
    Fans saw the flaws but the leaders kept saying, "what flaws?"
    Fans aren't stupid. Footballs not rocket science.
    jets front office: