Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 new starters possible next year

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Landry is not worth that much on the open market. He has been great for us but over 5 mil a year for a S is high end. Given his history not sure he gets more then that. The franchise # on a S is only about 6. If he wants that kind of deal might as well just tag him one year.
    If players like Michael Griffin are receiving five-year, $35M deals, Landry will get around the same or exceed it, two years missing 16 games be damned. As long as he remains healthy during the final seven games that is.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If players like Michael Griffin are receiving five-year, $35M deals, Landry will get around the same or exceed it, two years missing 16 games be damned. As long as he remains healthy during the final seven games that is.
    Has Landry ever even made a probowl? Griffen is younger, has 2 probowls, has 16 games every year, has not has an Achilles injury, and can intercept the ball. I love Landry but that dud has hands of stone. I just don't think anyone is that stupid to offer Landry that kind of deal. He is a good S but not a top ten guy and that is top ten money. If we can't tag him and he will not take a 4 years 20 mil deal I say move on. We shouldn't overpay to keep any of our FAs IMO. If I am paying over 5 mil for a S it better be for Reed, William Moore, or Goldson. Yeah I said it Reed even at 35 is worth more then Landry. 5 years 35 mil sorry Ill pass on Landry if that is the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    who's better? and why? I want facts, stats, not anti-jets gibberish.
    Right now Cro looks like the best cb in football

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Has Landry ever even made a probowl? Griffen is younger, has 2 probowls, has 16 games every year, has not has an Achilles injury, and can intercept the ball. I love Landry but that dud has hands of stone. I just don't think anyone is that stupid to offer Landry that kind of deal. He is a good S but not a top ten guy and that is top ten money. If we can't tag him and he will not take a 4 years 20 mil deal I say move on. We shouldn't overpay to keep any of our FAs IMO. If I am paying over 5 mil for a S it better be for Reed, William Moore, or Goldson. Yeah I said it Reed even at 35 is worth more then Landry. 5 years 35 mil sorry Ill pass on Landry if that is the price.
    We'll come back to this in March when Landry inks a four or five year deal worth $7-8M a year. Hopefully it's here.

Sad but true dept......

All the numbers above are numbing, but they prove one thing.Tanny is a terrible Gm! Over -paying, bad talent evaluators, unbelievable money manager! What does that say about Woody???

Personally I think Jason Smith should start seeing time at RT.

Howard has not been very good, although the sacks on sunday were also partly sanchez not recognizing changing the protection.

Anyway, smith is more athletic then howard and should be given some with the starters to evaluate him for next year. He has made a ton of money already, and hopefully is happy enough as a Jet that we can bring him back as a potential starter.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Personally I think Jason Smith should start seeing time at RT.

Howard has not been very good, although the sacks on sunday were also partly sanchez not recognizing changing the protection.

Anyway, smith is more athletic then howard and should be given some with the starters to evaluate him for next year. He has made a ton of money already, and hopefully is happy enough as a Jet that we can bring him back as a potential starter.
    he has made some change already, he may take a mulligan with the Jets next year, See how he does with a full camp. At worse he could be a swing tackle as a B/U