View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

14 23.73%
  • Seahawks

45 76.27%
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Seahawks Week 10

My Beloved Team Is Being Held Hostage...

And therefore, so am I...
    And I am tired of it...

Tired of constantly going for the "Big Splash"at the expense of good football sense and the pursuit of a championship...

Tired of going after the Favres, the Peyton Mannings, the Tim Tebows...

Tired of the bird-flipping Head Coach's empty buffoonish predictions, his You-Tube videos, and his endless "Oops, sorry for that" press conferences...

Tired of the "Hard Knocks" mind set of any publicity is good publicity...

Tired of bringing any no-character cast-offs from other teams with no consideration for team chemistry...

Tired of the inmates running the asylum...

Tired of being embarrassed by the team I am a fan of...

Tired of people assuming I must be just as arrogant, vulgar and classless as the team I root for...

I've followed this team for over 40 years, and I've never felt so low as I do at this moment....

I root for a laughingstock, and I'm tired of it...

Free My Team!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I've followed this team for over 40 years, and I've never felt so low as I do at this moment....
    Really? In "40" years of fandom...enduring couless losing seasons, watching the stadium fill with people with bags in their head during Kotite, missed field goals in playoff games, watching Vinny rupture his Achilles in the opening quarter of a season where we were 30 mins from the big game...

...and this...

...Signing a decent 2nd string QB in his second year in the NFL for a reasonble price...

THIS is the lowest you've felt?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    And I am tired of it...

Tired of constantly going for the "Big Splash"at the expense of good football sense and the pursuit of a championship...

Tired of the bird-flipping Head Coach's empty buffoonish predictions, his You-Tube videos, and his endless "Oops, sorry for that" press conferences...

Tired of bringing any no-character cast-offs from other teams with no consideration for team chemistry...

Tired of people assuming I must be just as arrogant, vulgar and classless as the team I root for...

Free My Team!
    Two words: Neil O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Really? In "40" years of fandom...enduring couless losing seasons, watching the stadium fill with people with bags in their head during Kotite, missed field goals in playoff games, watching Vinny rupture his Achilles in the opening quarter of a season where we were 30 mins from the big game...

...and this...

...Signing a decent 2nd string QB in his second year in the NFL for a reasonble price...

THIS is the lowest you've felt?

Yes...
    To trade for a player under contract, and announce the trade BEFORE even reading the details of the contract...
    A complete embarrassment...

Veteran
    Yes...
    To trade for a player under contract, and announce the trade BEFORE even reading the details of the contract...
    A complete embarrassment...

And I am tired of it...

Free My Team!
    I couldn't have put it any better. The more mature among us realize what a disaster this organization has become.

Veteran
    I am now hoping Tebow will end up in Jacksonville and Tannenbaum is FIRED immediately!

How the Jets need to rebuild

After finishing the 2005-2006 season 4-12, Terry Bradway stepped down as general manager. Herman Edwards was traded to Kansas City. Mike Heimerdinger and Donnie Henderson were both fired. It was time for a change in New York.

Star players Kevin Mawae and Jason Fabini were allowed to leave for free agency, while John Abraham was traded. The Jets stockpiled draft picks and said it was time to rebuild.

But they did not rebuild with a completely new slate. Rather, they did a semi-rebuild. They already had an infusion of young talent all over the field. On offense, Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery; on defense, Jon Vilma, DeWayne Robertson, Erik Coleman, Kerry Rhodes and Victor Hobson. And leadership was found on both sides of the ball, namely exemplified by Chad Pennington, Curtis Martin, Shaun Ellis and, to an extent, Jon Vilma.

They made no dumb move in the entire draft, and secured two All-Pro linemen (D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold), three solid starters (Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Eric Smith) and strong depth (Drew Coleman, Kellen Clemens).

The next season, they came out firing on all cylinders and returned to the playoffs under a new coach.

I now return to 2012, where the New York Jets are playing very subpar, and with little hope of making the playoffs. With even less chance of advancing past the first round, it begs the question, "Should the Jets pack in the season and rebuild?"

The answer, very simply, is yes. Although Rex Ryan may be playing for his job, this team is not good enough to be successful, and I really do think that if Mike Tannenbaum is replaced with a football mind, Rex Ryan will be given the boot.

Could Scott Cohen (pictured above) be the Jets's new General Manager?
    NFL Photos/Getty Images
    So what's the point in him even rallying the troops? Mark Sanchez will without doubt remain the Jets starting quarterback in 2013. No general manager (aside from Shahid Kahn) wants to see Tim Tebow starting, leaving Mark Sanchez to fend off Greg McElroy next training camp. Shonn Greene has incentive to go all out for a new contract, most likely in a different venue.

Dustin Keller knows his value in New York as Mark Sanchez's security blanket and will likely stay as the Jets try to keep their prosperous youth core in tact. But what should happen at the end of this season?

Personally, I think the Jets should fire Mike Tannenbaum (if unable to demote him) and promote Scott Cohen, the team's assistant general manager. Prior to being the assistant general manager, Cohen was the pro personnel director of the Philadelphia Eagles for the past eight years, helping in the formation of transactions such as the Donovan McNabb trade, the signing of Nnamdi Asomugha, the Kevin Kolb trade and the Jason Peters trade.

Luckily for him, he will not be doing much as the general manager, besides keeping the head coach happy. The new head coach would be none other than Jon Gruden.

Gruden plans on returning to coaching and would like to enter a large market. The Jets have a talented roster that is young with studs all over the field such as Shonn Greene, Jeremy Kerley, Dustin Keller, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Muhammad Wilkerson, David Harris, Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie.

If Cohen can remain reasonable to the point where he keeps the Jets' core players, Jon Gruden should have no problem building a playoff team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...be-done-part-1

What would happen with the rest of the coaching staff, you might ask. Mike Pettine would be gone, and in place, enter Ron Rivera. The former San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator (and hopefully Carolina Panthers head coach) bites at the idea of working under a prolific head coach in Jon Gruden. The offensive coordinator would likely be one of Gruden's cronies, ending the Tony Sparano Experiment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    After finishing the 2005-2006 season 4-12, Terry Bradway stepped down as general manager. Herman Edwards was traded to Kansas City. Mike Heimerdinger and Donnie Henderson were both fired. It was time for a change in New York.

Star players Kevin Mawae and Jason Fabini were allowed to leave for free agency, while John Abraham was traded. The Jets stockpiled draft picks and said it was time to rebuild.

But they did not rebuild with a completely new slate. Rather, they did a semi-rebuild. They already had an infusion of young talent all over the field. On offense, Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery; on defense, Jon Vilma, DeWayne Robertson, Erik Coleman, Kerry Rhodes and Victor Hobson. And leadership was found on both sides of the ball, namely exemplified by Chad Pennington, Curtis Martin, Shaun Ellis and, to an extent, Jon Vilma.

They made no dumb move in the entire draft, and secured two All-Pro linemen (D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold), three solid starters (Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Eric Smith) and strong depth (Drew Coleman, Kellen Clemens).

The next season, they came out firing on all cylinders and returned to the playoffs under a new coach.

I now return to 2012, where the New York Jets are playing very subpar, and with little hope of making the playoffs. With even less chance of advancing past the first round, it begs the question, "Should the Jets pack in the season and rebuild?"

The answer, very simply, is yes. Although Rex Ryan may be playing for his job, this team is not good enough to be successful, and I really do think that if Mike Tannenbaum is replaced with a football mind, Rex Ryan will be given the boot.

Could Scott Cohen (pictured above) be the Jets's new General Manager?
    NFL Photos/Getty Images
    So what's the point in him even rallying the troops? Mark Sanchez will without doubt remain the Jets starting quarterback in 2013. No general manager (aside from Shahid Kahn) wants to see Tim Tebow starting, leaving Mark Sanchez to fend off Greg McElroy next training camp. Shonn Greene has incentive to go all out for a new contract, most likely in a different venue.

Dustin Keller knows his value in New York as Mark Sanchez's security blanket and will likely stay as the Jets try to keep their prosperous youth core in tact. But what should happen at the end of this season?

Personally, I think the Jets should fire Mike Tannenbaum (if unable to demote him) and promote Scott Cohen, the team's assistant general manager. Prior to being the assistant general manager, Cohen was the pro personnel director of the Philadelphia Eagles for the past eight years, helping in the formation of transactions such as the Donovan McNabb trade, the signing of Nnamdi Asomugha, the Kevin Kolb trade and the Jason Peters trade.

Luckily for him, he will not be doing much as the general manager, besides keeping the head coach happy. The new head coach would be none other than Jon Gruden.

Gruden plans on returning to coaching and would like to enter a large market. The Jets have a talented roster that is young with studs all over the field such as Shonn Greene, Jeremy Kerley, Dustin Keller, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Muhammad Wilkerson, David Harris, Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie.

If Cohen can remain reasonable to the point where he keeps the Jets' core players, Jon Gruden should have no problem building a playoff team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...be-done-part-1

What would happen with the rest of the coaching staff, you might ask. Mike Pettine would be gone, and in place, enter Ron Rivera. The former San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator (and hopefully Carolina Panthers head coach) bites at the idea of working under a prolific head coach in Jon Gruden. The offensive coordinator would likely be one of Gruden's cronies, ending the Tony Sparano Experiment.
    In 11 years as a head coach Jon Gruden was .500 or worse 5 of those years. What is the infatuation with this guy? He is way overrated! And whoever wrote that bleacher report article has no clue. They called Shonn Green a "young stud". Jeremy Kerley? Are you effing kidding me?

You only want them to pack it in b/c you don't like Rex and you want him fired. Get over it, he's not getting fired! You can't keep changing coaches every 3 or 4 years and expect to build a perennial Super Bowl contender. The only person who should be fired is Tannenbaum. This roster is on him.

Veteran
    I agree with the premise that you can't continually fire HC's and expect to win SB's. Your correct with that. I also believe that Tanny has to be held responsible for the lack of talent and depth. But what is troubling to me is that IF they decide that Sanchez is the problem then this tandem will have the lofty task of choosing another mistake at QB. I do not believe they collectively know what to look for in a young franchise QB via the draft. That coupled with Rex's penchant for running the ball in a passing league leads me to believe that both should be fired.

2 years ago everybody was so scared that we wouldn't be able to keep our young 'nucleus' under the salary cap (brick, mangold, revis, harris) and now people want to rebuild? the jets need to add more talent, not trade away our good players. keep in mind the jets still have quite a few young players that need time to develop... wilkerson is on his way and I believe that ellis, coples and hill will be big contributors in the coming years. as a unit I don't think the WR situation is as bad as people think... assuming keller is retained at a reasonable rate holmes/hill/kerley/keller is a decent group. the areas where the jets need to rebuild are clear:
    linebackers (at the very least 2 OLB's are needed)
    OL (OG and RT)
    RB (I don't see greene coming back)
    safeties (I'd like to see landry retained but a true FS is needed)
    TE (a blocking TE who can actually catch a ball once in a while)

this is all assuming sanchez shows something these last couple games and the jets don't go after a QB this offseason
    Last edited by cant wait; 11-10-2012 at 11:08 PM.

QB, O line, need to be totally addressed... Get the line better the run game will improve... But we need a runner...

Need youth on D.

New gm and possibly a new hc of the nyj.

other than that we are good.

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Seahawks Week 10

When the New York Jets face the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field in Seattle for their Week 10 matchup, there will be plenty of time for old friends and acquaintances to reconnect.

For the Jets; Mark Sanchez, it’ll be the the first time in his pro career that he’ll face off with his old college coach, Pete Carroll, who caused quite a stir when he questioned Sanchez’s decision to leave USC a year early.

“I did not blame Pete Carroll one bit,” Jets coach Rex Ryan said this week, “because if I had that young man as my quarterback, I’d say whatever it took to get the guy to stay with me. Deep down he knew he was ready.”

Carroll claims that’s not the case, that he would’ve told Sanchez to go pro if he truly thought he was ready.

“I told Mark what I thought was the right thing to do for him,” Carroll said. “I talked to him just like he was my own son. He could have benefited from another year. It wasn’t that I was trying to keep him.”

No hard feelings between Carroll and Sanchez these days. Expect them to share a postgame hug, win or lose.

Of course, that’s not the only reunion taking place on the field on Sunday. It’ll also be the first time that brothers Marcus Trufant and Isaiah Trufant face off in an NFL game. That’ll be an exciting family affair.

Ex-Jets Leon Washington and Braylon Edwards are set to face their former team for the first time. There’s no doubt that they would love to get a W against the team that decided to let them go.

As far as the game goes, the Jets are road underdogs against the powerful “12th man” that gives Seattle one of the best home field advantages in all of sports. The Seahawks are 4-0 at home on the season.

For the Jets to win this game, they’ll need to play mistake-free football against a very good Seahawks defense, while also finding a way to slow down Marshawn Lynch, who’s been running the ball at a Pro Bowl-caliber level.

Both teams like to use their running game to take the pressure off their young quarterbacks, and Seattle has done a good job putting Russell Wilson in a position to succeed. That’s a big reason for their unblemished home record.

For the Seahawks to win, they’ll need to make the Jets make a mistake or two. Seattle has the big advantage of being at home behind that thunderous crowd, and it could make life miserable for Sanchez and his offensive line.

At 3-5, the Jets are in danger of fading into irrelevancy with a loss. Coming off the bye week, they’ll try to come out refreshed and refocused, but it’s a monumental task to go into CenturyLink Field and come away with a victory.

These are two teams with similar styles, but right now, the Seahawks do what the Jets want to do, better than the Jets do it. For that reason, there’s no reason to expect them to lose their first home game here in Week 10.

But then again, that’s why they play the game.

The Jets and Seahawks kick off at 4:05 pm eastern time, 1:05 pacific at CenturyLink Field.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...iazKvSOGqDO.99

Official New York Jets theme song for Week 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtsdZs9LJo

Need a stream for the game(s)?: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

The Official Game Thread is brought to you by:

CKC - You mirin'?

Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 1,128 lbs., accompanied by WWE Champion Barack Obama, EVOLUTION!

Last edited by McGinley; 11-11-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Technically, we haven't lost yet

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Technically, we haven't lost yet
    You know what that means? UNDEFEATED SO FAR ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11th! SUPERB OWL!

Hall Of Fame
    4 o'clock game +
    West Coast +
    BEAT MODE =
    We're fooked.

Anybody thinks that this is the week Sparano unleashed the Wildcat. I think they have been holding back.

A defense that can't stop the run/wrap up backs vs. Marshawn Lynch and Bruce Irvin/Chris Clemons vs. Austin Howard.

Pain.

Seattle by double digits.

What core to build around? Greene and Keller are FA, Revis contract is up next year. I like Kerley as a player but to think of him as a foundation player is a little bit much.

The foundation for a solid d-line is in place. The two toughest postions on the oline are locked up, But both safeties are FA, Both guards are FA and 4 of the LBs are FA.

Bradway did not leave the team in the state that they are now in.

-The jets need to go into full rebuild mode.
    -Rex needs to stay for next year.
    -Sanchez needs to be given a chance at another year at QB behind an improved O-line and another year of working with Hill and Kerley.
    -A legitimate back up QB needs to be found and a role for Tebow defined.
    The jets will be able to sign any FA QB out there for short money as long
    as he is given a real chance to compete.
    -The oline need to be job 1, No qb is going to function at a high level behind this group, and no RB is going to have holes to run thru.