Thread: Ozzie Newsome Is A Genius.

Ozzie Newsome Is A Genius.

I have to admit, I thought we had the coach in Rex. He brainwashed me and thousands of other Jets fans. This season you are seeing why they went with a special teams coach over him. His IQ must not be very bright as you see in his pressers. How can you tell me Sanchez gives you the best chance to win when he puts up 9 point in two games? How many times are you going to cry to your team when obviously they don't believe? Why would they buy in to your program that's 3-9 in it's last 12 games? He is loyal to fault and is inept. This should of been obvious when they hired Sparano off one interview. Pathetic.

Rex isn't very smart--I think he got by by having great defensive players and through his false bravado.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Rex isn't very smart--I think he got by by having great defensive players and through his false bravado.
    I know Rex likes to have people think he built that defense in Baltimore, but Marvin Lewis built it. Rex came in after and continued it. I think Rex gets far too much credit for the success they had in Baltimore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, Chuck Pagano etc.

Any DC there was successful.

Hall Of Fame
    It is easy to coach Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, Reed.

Just giving good press conference does not make a football coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley11 View Post
    Just giving good press conference does not make a football coach.
    Tell that to the publicity-hungry owner of this team.

Right now, Jerry Jones is the only owner I would take Woody over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Psart of the problem is our head coaches always seem to have success right out tof the gate. Parcells, groh, herm, mangini, ryan etc. Leads to alot of hype, false confidence, big expectations etc.

We need a coach to start 4-12, then 7-9, then 10-6 etc. They need to grow into the position. Get a few years of good draft picks etc.

Herm, Mangini and rex all seemed to grow out of the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Psart of the problem is our head coaches always seem to have success right out tof the gate. Parcells, groh, herm, mangini, ryan etc. Leads to alot of hype, false confidence, big expectations etc.

We need a coach to start 4-12, then 7-9, then 10-6 etc. They need to grow into the position. Get a few years of good draft picks etc.

Herm, Mangini and rex all seemed to grow out of the position.
    100% right. The Jets haven't been built since the two draft picks used to take Abraham and Ellis by Parcells.

This team hasn't legitimately been built in quite some time.

It would be a breath of air to stink next year, clear cap space maybe sign a marquee Wideout (Bowe?) and then slowly build the team back up through the draft done by somebody who is more NFL GM than CPA.

As for Rex, well, I think he's a top-tier defensive mind. Better than his brother, for sure (who has a ton of talent in Dallas but they can't stop crap.) But I don't think he's a real head coach.

He idolized his dad who, even in '85, was allergic to having anything to do with offense outside of trying to kill it during practice. He HATED Ditka.

No, this team needs a head coach and that head coach should definitely be swayed more towards offense than defense since, simply put, offense is more important. It is, you can't dispute it.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 11-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.