Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This St. Louis game

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    The Pats were only 4 points away from 8-1 or 9-0 .

On the flip side, they COULD have lost to the Jets and Bills and be 4-5.

To the haters - If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

It's called parity in the NFL. There's a very thin line between winning and losing. Usually only one or two plays/game. Winners make them, losers don't.
    That's so true, but winners(leaders, we have none) actually make the difference (make the plays)and losers talk about if this happened they would be 4-5.

Bottom line, lack of talent(tanny &rex), depth(tanny&rex) and coaching (rex)are the issues here. Until they are gone things will never change.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Esiason2Moore TD View Post
    This could be a tough game. St. Louis is also desperate to stay in the playoff hunt. It's another trip out west, this time to a noisy, domed stadium. And then there is the Shotty factor. You know that he'll be explaining to the coaches and players every weakness in the Jets that they can exploit. He'll dial up the offense to take advantage of every weakness in the Jets defense that he knows of. While he will never admit it publicly, you gotta know that he wants to play as much of a role as he can in driving that last nail in the Jets coffin. With emphasis.
    It could be a tough game??....Playing the boy-scouts would be a tough game at this point..Also desperate to stay in the play-off hunt??...Weakness they can exploite??...they don't need Shotty to point this out..Rams...9....Jets...4...yep thats two safeties..

Rex: "Obviously you have to give them credit. They played a tremendous game."
    So tired of his same old lines...

What are the odds of 3 safeties ?
    Probably not bad as long as one of them isn't Eric Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Rex: "Obviously you have to give them credit. They played a tremendous game."
    So tired of his same old lines...
    Rewind to Kotite, circa mid 90"s " we didn't leave anything out there on the field". Add 'Mark gives us the best chance to win", and the circle is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The Rams have a poor defense. They got destroyed by the Patriots.
    If the Jets can't score against the Rams - ouch.

Plus the Rams offense is only so so.

Jets win and they are still alive for the 6th seed. Lose = done
    lol, the Pats destroy everyone. Other than the Pats game the Rams have been not bad this year, about middle of the pack.

The Pats were only 4 points away from 8-1 or 9-0 .

On the flip side, they COULD have lost to the Jets and Bills and be 4-5.

To the haters - If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

It's called parity in the NFL. There's a very thin line between winning and losing. Usually only one or two plays/game. Winners make them, losers don't.
    2 absolutely HORRIBLE PI calls in the 1st half set the Pats up at the 1 yard line for 2 easy TDs!
    Just look at the disparity in penalties in that game in the 1st half. I can't believe that Gailey kept his cool! The Harbaugh brothers heads would have EXPLODED!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I actually think the Jets are going to win this one. We are going to win just enough games that our bone head coach and front office think we 'are on the right track' and just enough to convince the owner of the same.
    I agree
    Rams are coming off a very emotional, physical game vs a division opponent & played the equivalent of 5 quarters.
    They have an Oline the Jets can & will exploit.
    2nd half of the season will save all their azzes.
    That's the way it's shaping up.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    YOU? A newly minted member of the Kool aid club????

3 and 6 , as reported by ESPN has made the playoffs 1 percent of the time.

I'm saying the odds ARE long. BUT, look at the upcoming competition. Except for NE (and the game is in NJ) the teams are REALLY bad.
    Jax, Tenn, Buff, StL, Ariz, SD. Very winnable- maybe.
    Plus Indy is not winning 3 games. Nobody else left.
    I'm not selling any stock to lay down a bet though. LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm saying the odds ARE long. BUT, look at the upcoming competition. Except for NE (and the game is in NJ) the teams are REALLY bad.
    Jax, Tenn, Buff, StL, Ariz, SD. Very winnable- maybe.
    Plus Indy is not winning 3 games. Nobody else left.
    I'm not selling any stock to lay down a bet though. LOL.
    As my brother in law says.. The JETS make any team look like a winner!

the Dolphins look great against us!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    lol, the Pats destroy everyone. Other than the Pats game the Rams have been not bad this year, about middle of the pack.
    With due respect, the Pats LOST 3 games - granted by a whisker.
    The wins: close versus Jets and Buff.

Predicting the score is too easy in this matchup. Better to predict how many times Sanchez fumbles or how long it will take before Rex Ryan looks like he ate a rotten egg. Three fumbles, I say.

Winnable game on paper, but no reason to trust this team right now. Our D if they play like they did the first 3 quarters against Seattle should be able to handle a very suspect Rams offense. But I expect this will follow a similar script. D plays well for a while, eventually caves after seeing hor inept the offense is and watching more Sanchez turnovers. Rams D is not exactly a feared unit but they can get pass rush and Sanchez seems to fumble every other sack he takes. Low scoring turd-fest of a game, but go with the home team facing a shaky QB on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Winnable game on paper, but no reason to trust this team right now. Our D if they play like they did the first 3 quarters against Seattle should be able to handle a very suspect Rams offense. But I expect this will follow a similar script. D plays well for a while, eventually caves after seeing hor inept the offense is and watching more Sanchez turnovers. Rams D is not exactly a feared unit but they can get pass rush and Sanchez seems to fumble every other sack he takes. Low scoring turd-fest of a game, but go with the home team facing a shaky QB on the road.

Good analysis. Not ready to totally give up on the Jets - although they deserve it. There are "possibilities" of some success but certainly not "probabilities".

Good analysis. Not ready to totally give up on the Jets - although they deserve it. There are "possibilities" of some success but certainly not "probabilities".
    Something like 7-9 is still possible with our remaining schedule, although I'm not sure what good that record does this franchise long-term. I'm not in "lose out" mode to get a high draft pick yet, but I'm guessing I will be after Thanksgiving.

Not sure about this game, but I could see us beating the Cards, since that game will be at the Meadowlands and they're a warm weather team plus the time zone difference.