Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I call for a boycott....

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    thats what really sucks about being a STH. Once it`s paid for, it`s paid. Woody laughs at those who pay and don`t go. You really can`t win being a STH. If the Jets suck, like they do, you can`t really sell for much profit if any. Plus the only ones looking to buy are opposing fans wanting to see their team blowout the Jets. If the Jets are doing really good, you can sell tickets for mega profits and miss a good game(s). If you go, you spend even more money out of pocket but you get to walk around saying "haha, my team won". Like anyone really cares if a team wins a game. Can`t win.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Damn!! I chalked it up for 27 seasons when I owned tickets. LOL Like you, I ain`t chalking up anything for the Jets anymore. I like their uniforms so I watch some of the games sometimes. Thats about it these days.
    I have Psl's I'm locked, STH can get out at season end unless I sell my seats which would be hard to an break even I'm in it or the life of the contract. I'm still stickin to my year 5,6,7 outlook, Go Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Angry

Got back from Seattle early this am. I will support this team no matter what. I don't care who leaves early or doesn't stand or hates tailgating. Boycott me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Got back from Seattle early this am. I will support this team no matter what. I don't care who leaves early or doesn't stand or hates tailgating. Boycott me.
    Right behind ya!

I'll be at the stadium. Half the people supporting the boycott are fans who don't have season tickets. I will just voice my feelings. It will be half empty regardless and there will be plenty of booing. The boos will be enough to embarass Woody. He asked the NFL for this game which was a slap across season ticketholders faces but I paid for my seat I might as well say how I feel so USA Today can write about fans displeasure with the ownership.

We chose upper deck for the inaugural season in the new Giants Stadium. We didn`t want to be locked in with a PSL because we had a feeling the stadium would suck. They spent a billion and a half+ for what has to be one of the worst stadiums ever built, if not THE WORST. We were able to walk away with no strings attached. I think it was a good move on our part. After supporting this franchise for almost 30 years, we know a little about it. They just aren`t worth that kind of money. Now if they had built a home of their own? We`d still be there week in and week out because PSL`s would`ve been true PSL`s where we would own real estate inside the stadium and we would get first come, first serve on any events being held there. The current investment with PSL`s just isn`t worth the risk. If the Jets tank next season, it`ll be really hard to sell them, let alone selling tickets. I know many of you are "in it for the long haul". I did the long haul already and even that wasn`t really worth it at the time. And that was just sending them $3k+ every year. I couldn`t imagine sending them PSL money, then ticket money for this current fiasco. Money just isn`t there like it use to be anymore. I`m happy with the decision we made about not renewing with the Jets. It`s cheaper on the secondary market. Now watch just how bad it`s gonna get going to Jets games when the place is going to be filled with opposing fans wekk after week. It`s too easy for opposing fans to get tickets now. I feel for those PSL owners who are going to have to endure that situation in the future.

A way to protest?

How many Jets season tickets received a Jets license plate holder this year?
    I refuse to put mine on my car because I take enough abuse with the Jets decal on the window and wearing my Jets gear. I was thinking about mailing it back to Woody along with the year book and unused tickets that can't be given away as a way to protest his mismanagement and keeping this franchise the laughing stock of the NFL. I figure if everyone sent his mailings back to him he'd get the message. What do you guys think?
    I am happy the Jets won on Sunday but even if they make the play offs it doesn't mean changes don't have to be made in the football operation. Tannenbaum should still be demoted or fired and a real GM be brought in to fix the talent evaluation and scouting dept. These changes have to be made or the circus will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    How many Jets season tickets received a Jets license plate holder this year?
    I refuse to put mine on my car because I take enough abuse with the Jets decal on the window and wearing my Jets gear. I was thinking about mailing it back to Woody along with the year book and unused tickets that can't be given away as a way to protest his mismanagement and keeping this franchise the laughing stock of the NFL. I figure if everyone sent his mailings back to him he'd get the message. What do you guys think?
    I am happy the Jets won on Sunday but even if they make the play offs it doesn't mean changes don't have to be made in the football operation. Tannenbaum should still be demoted or fired and a real GM be brought in to fix the talent evaluation and scouting dept. These changes have to be made or the circus will continue.
    We need a football mind in there evaluating talent, not a math wiz.