Thread: REX - Offense

REX - Offense

When has anyone EVER heard an intelligent, coherent, analytical comment from Rex about the offense ??!!...for him to sit up there yesterday and make comment after comment about the defense tells you all you need to know...the team lost because the offense is a joke and didn't score a point and he can ONLY talk about the defense...WHY ??...because that is all he is comfortable talking about...he has NO offensive philosophy which is also why his clock management skills are a joke as well...why don't these reporters hold his feet to the fire and ask him pointed offensive questions...I would love it..just to see him squirm !!

rex and offense shouldnt be in the same sentence. he doesnt have a clue.

The apple doesn't fall far from tree.... His Father had no clue regarding offense as well...

I like his Defensive mind... unfortunately a HC is responsible for it all......

Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    When has anyone EVER heard an intelligent, coherent, analytical comment from Rex about the offense ??!!...for him to sit up there yesterday and make comment after comment about the defense tells you all you need to know...the team lost because the offense is a joke and didn't score a point and he can ONLY talk about the defense...WHY ??...because that is all he is comfortable talking about...he has NO offensive philosophy which is also why his clock management skills are a joke as well...why don't these reporters hold his feet to the fire and ask him pointed offensive questions...I would love it..just to see him squirm !!
    Has any head coach ever accepted a demotion to offensive or defensive coordinator? I am curious if there is a precedent to this.

He just had a Presser at 4:30 this afternoon.

He mentioned NOTHING about the Offense and it was all about the Defense.

This guy is still in Defensive-Coordinator mode and has been since becoming Jets HC. We really don't have a coach, Jets fans.

if mr.t keeps his job and jets don't make change at gm(new gm should be given choice to bring in new hc) then mr.t should gut the whole offensive side of the ball when it comes to the coaching staff..see if u can bring in a previous hc that has offensive coordinator experience make them assistant head coach and just tell rex to worry about the defense...brian billick comes to mind..or maybe norv turner if he gets axed..this will also put pressure on rex..hey it worked w the bears in 85 when they had essentially 2 hc in buddy ryan and ditka...