Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sanchez is the Wayne Hunter of QB's

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sanchez is the Wayne Hunter of QB's

    No offense to Wayne Hunter.... Jet Brass loyalty to certain players goes beyond logic....

    It is painful watching sachez play each week..... I'd rather see Tebow out there.. Not that Tebow is the answer, but he deserves a chance to play..

    Sanchez flat out stinks.... He really doesn't bring much to table in terms of Leadership, accuracy, arm strength, athletic ability etc...

    Unfortunately he's under contract for some guaranteed money.. ugh!

    The Jet's used to win inspite of him... I think she showed some glimpses of talent, but he did have a bit more weapons on offense to work with... a running game, better pass protection and a few WR's that could make plays..

    a shame.. a guy like Revis doesn't come around often... window to win it all.... seems so far away at this point.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez just doesn't have it.

    It is always a risk trading up to draft a guy who had 1 good season in college, and while it certainly didn't help that his receiving corps have changed every season, most young QBs dont get to play behind league-leading defenses and special teams either.

    It is looking less and less likely that we'll get to see Tebow time, which is a major disappointment for many fans and makes the organization look even more clueless than the Win-Loss record suggests.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Sanchez just doesn't have it.

    It is always a risk trading up to draft a guy who had 1 good season in college, and while it certainly didn't help that his receiving corps have changed every season, most young QBs dont get to play behind league-leading defenses and special teams either.

    It is looking less and less likely that we'll get to see Tebow time, which is a major disappointment for many fans and makes the organization look even more clueless than the Win-Loss record suggests.
    Tebow time was not inevitability. In the afterglow of an opening day crushing the Bills, the Tebow "controversy" was put to bed.

    But Sanchez's play soon nosedived so low that a coach with half a testicle would have benched the overpaid bust - and at least try something new.

    But instead we get Sanchez's patented game-losing play every week. All we see from #6 is the same egregious errors, over and over.

    And now it's pretty much too late for Tebow time.

    Grade: F

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Tebow time was not inevitability. In the afterglow of an opening day crushing the Bills, the Tebow "controversy" was put to bed.

    But Sanchez's play soon nosedived so low that a coach with half a testicle would have benched the overpaid bust - and at least try something new.

    But instead we get Sanchez's patented game-losing play every week. All we see from #6 is the same egregious errors, over and over.

    And now it's pretty much too late for Tebow time.

    Grade: F
    That's exactly the problem. It's too late now for a season saving move as the season is over. A QB change (pick one!) could have at least sparked the team. It was clear to anyone who knows football that Sanchez wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs this year. Would he have been the fall guy for a mediocre running game and terrible receivers? Probably, but such is the life of an NFL QB. If I have to see that scared deer in headlights look on his face after a turnover one more time I'm going to torch all my Jets apparel.

    [/URL]

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    That's exactly the problem. It's too late now for a season saving move as the season is over. A QB change (pick one!) could have at least sparked the team. It was clear to anyone who knows football that Sanchez wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs this year. Would he have been the fall guy for a mediocre running game and terrible receivers? Probably, but such is the life of an NFL QB. If I have to see that scared deer in headlights look on his face after a turnover one more time I'm going to torch all my Jets apparel.
    SAR just said he has taken hundreds of hits and is now punch drunk in the games. LOL!

    You insensitive basturd.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    SAR just said he has taken hundreds of hits and is now punch drunk in the games. LOL!

    You insensitive basturd.
    Ahh so he has a handicap so we can't critique him. Damn!

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Tebow time was not inevitability. In the afterglow of an opening day crushing the Bills, the Tebow "controversy" was put to bed.

    But Sanchez's play soon nosedived so low that a coach with half a testicle would have benched the overpaid bust - and at least try something new.

    But instead we get Sanchez's patented game-losing play every week. All we see from #6 is the same egregious errors, over and over.

    And now it's pretty much too late for Tebow time.

    Grade: F
    Sanchez play soon nosedived? And I suppose the rest of the teams play was top notch? Do you even bother to watch the games? There are many, many problems with this team that go way beyond the QB position.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us