Thread: Sanchez is the Wayne Hunter of QB's

Sanchez is the Wayne Hunter of QB's

No offense to Wayne Hunter.... Jet Brass loyalty to certain players goes beyond logic....

It is painful watching sachez play each week..... I'd rather see Tebow out there.. Not that Tebow is the answer, but he deserves a chance to play..

Sanchez flat out stinks.... He really doesn't bring much to table in terms of Leadership, accuracy, arm strength, athletic ability etc...

Unfortunately he's under contract for some guaranteed money.. ugh!

The Jet's used to win inspite of him... I think she showed some glimpses of talent, but he did have a bit more weapons on offense to work with... a running game, better pass protection and a few WR's that could make plays..

a shame.. a guy like Revis doesn't come around often... window to win it all.... seems so far away at this point.

Sanchez just doesn't have it.

It is always a risk trading up to draft a guy who had 1 good season in college, and while it certainly didn't help that his receiving corps have changed every season, most young QBs dont get to play behind league-leading defenses and special teams either.

It is looking less and less likely that we'll get to see Tebow time, which is a major disappointment for many fans and makes the organization look even more clueless than the Win-Loss record suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Sanchez just doesn't have it.

It is always a risk trading up to draft a guy who had 1 good season in college, and while it certainly didn't help that his receiving corps have changed every season, most young QBs dont get to play behind league-leading defenses and special teams either.

It is looking less and less likely that we'll get to see Tebow time, which is a major disappointment for many fans and makes the organization look even more clueless than the Win-Loss record suggests.
    Tebow time was not inevitability. In the afterglow of an opening day crushing the Bills, the Tebow "controversy" was put to bed.

But Sanchez's play soon nosedived so low that a coach with half a testicle would have benched the overpaid bust - and at least try something new.

But instead we get Sanchez's patented game-losing play every week. All we see from #6 is the same egregious errors, over and over.

And now it's pretty much too late for Tebow time.

Grade: F

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Tebow time was not inevitability. In the afterglow of an opening day crushing the Bills, the Tebow "controversy" was put to bed.

But Sanchez's play soon nosedived so low that a coach with half a testicle would have benched the overpaid bust - and at least try something new.

But instead we get Sanchez's patented game-losing play every week. All we see from #6 is the same egregious errors, over and over.

That's exactly the problem. It's too late now for a season saving move as the season is over. A QB change (pick one!) could have at least sparked the team. It was clear to anyone who knows football that Sanchez wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs this year. Would he have been the fall guy for a mediocre running game and terrible receivers? Probably, but such is the life of an NFL QB. If I have to see that scared deer in headlights look on his face after a turnover one more time I'm going to torch all my Jets apparel.

[/URL]

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    That's exactly the problem. It's too late now for a season saving move as the season is over. A QB change (pick one!) could have at least sparked the team. It was clear to anyone who knows football that Sanchez wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs this year. Would he have been the fall guy for a mediocre running game and terrible receivers? Probably, but such is the life of an NFL QB. If I have to see that scared deer in headlights look on his face after a turnover one more time I'm going to torch all my Jets apparel.
    SAR just said he has taken hundreds of hits and is now punch drunk in the games. LOL!

You insensitive basturd.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    SAR just said he has taken hundreds of hits and is now punch drunk in the games. LOL!

You insensitive basturd.
    Ahh so he has a handicap so we can't critique him. Damn!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post

Sanchez play soon nosedived? And I suppose the rest of the teams play was top notch? Do you even bother to watch the games? There are many, many problems with this team that go way beyond the QB position.