Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks' Carroll feels bad for Sanchez, says Tebow 'disruptive'

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He told the world that Sanchez wasn't ready. It's the truth. No reason to bring Tebow up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brothers in Seattle and said on a sports show there one of the reporters said today that when Carroll was watching film on the Jets offense he felt Sanchez was being robbed of good play cause he has less time than most of the QB's they've faced, more drops, and told one guy in the film room for their inside show "their receivers get no separation, we haven't played a team with receivers this bad since I've been here"

So the REAL reason Caroll feels bad for Sanchez is cause upon watching film he seen that Sanchez has nothing around him. I think Carroll knows if that was the case his rookie QB would be TOAST. Think about it ... his rookie QB has some super fast receivers, Lynch in the backfield, and a athletic O line. I think its safe to say the REAL issue here is people notice was Sanchez has around him when our own front office doesn't have a clue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Who cares what the ahole who fell for the fake spike and crapped all over Sanchez beforfe he played a down in the NFL has to say.

Talk about distractions he makes a big FA QB signing then picks and starts a rookie over the guy they just spent millions on to be the #1 guy.
    He's a hypocrite indeed, but the dude has a point. This 2 qb system has been an epic fail and backfired everytime on the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish Rex would move on as Carrol did. Takes courage to admit your mistake

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post

Carroll was fired by HESS to bring in KOTITE....not sure what you mean?

you mean stop backing Mark?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carroll, whether you feel he's speaking out of line or not, is 100 percent right. All this Pete Carroll bashing when he just kicked our ass with a rookie QB no less.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Who cares what the ahole who fell for the fake spike and crapped all over Sanchez beforfe he played a down in the NFL has to say.

Talk about distractions he makes a big FA QB signing then picks and starts a rookie over the guy they just spent millions on to be the #1 guy.
    I don't think Carrol is a great coach but how did he fall for the fake spike? He was not on the field. And he did not crap all over Sanchez, he said he did not think he was ready for the NFL, it appears as if he still isn't. Effective with a premium oline and premium running game that he could play action from. That is gone, he now has no game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggreenugly View Post
    Carroll, whether you feel he's speaking out of line or not, is 100 percent right. All this Pete Carroll bashing when he just kicked our ass with a rookie QB no less.
    Yeah I agree. Like him or not, he's an NFL coach with alot more insight than us. If he said those things about our offense I believe him. More eye opening is the comment on our D. That's a situation where 99% of the time a coach says "we'll look at film and get better at it". Carroll deliberately called out Rex's D, his forte, without any prompting to do so at all. That was a deliberate shot fired at Rex for some reason.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yeah I agree. Like him or not, he's an NFL coach with alot more insight than us. If he said those things about our offense I believe him. More eye opening is the comment on our D. That's a situation where 99% of the time a coach says "we'll look at film and get better at it". Carroll deliberately called out Rex's D, his forte, without any prompting to do so at all. That was a deliberate shot fired at Rex for some reason.
    The reason, in my mind, is they still talk and Carroll is a "father" figure to him. It tells me what types of conversations they are having.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    The reason, in my mind, is they still talk and Carroll is a "father" figure to him. It tells me what types of conversations they are having.
    So you think took a dig at Rex because of the way Rex is handling Sanchez? It's viable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats really disruptive is missing wide open receivers in the end zone, throwing interceptions on the goal line, throwing pick 6's and fumbling the ball on first down while going down for a sack. The guy is making millions of dollars and has been playing football his whole life. I have never seen such a pathetic list of excuses for this sorry sacked mush brained loser.

How about taking a little responsibility and put the onus on your own shoulders? Hell, any respectable leader would have already done this but not the face of our franchise. Pathetic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if Sanchez cant get the job done without a great running game, a great defense and great weapons on the outside, why doesnt he give some of his money back so that we can get those pieces to help him be a mediocre QB? When is enough enough already.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post

F that; CUT TEBOW. Tebow is ****ing this team up. Rex may be a public buffoon, but he got on track (for example) with improving the RX offense in 2011; and they did. Unfortunately, losing Cotchery left us with no slot/3rd down guy.

Keller is gone for 5 weeks +; I like Rex a lot, and I can live with Sanchez.

CUT TEBOW NOW. Rex, JUST DO IT.

Replace Tannenbaum with Polian...if you must.

CUT TEBOW; lose the rest of the games and let's draft high.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    F that; CUT TEBOW. Tebow is ****ing this team up. Rex may be a public buffoon, but he got on track (for example) with improving the RX offense in 2011; and they did. Unfortunately, losing Cotchery left us with no slot/3rd down guy.

Keller is gone for 5 weeks +; I like Rex a lot, and I can live with Sanchez.

CUT TEBOW NOW. Rex, JUST DO IT.

Replace Tannenbaum with Polian...if you must.

CUT TEBOW; lose the rest of the games and let's draft high.
    Are you publicly rooting for your team to lose WCO? People have been banned on here for that. Or at the very least publicly vilified.

Where have you hidden Ray, sg3 and Jetnut btw?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Are you publicly rooting for your team to lose WCO? People have been banned on here for that. Or at the very least publicly vilified.

Where have you hidden Ray, sg3 and Jetnut btw?
    God owes us; farking Tebow. Who really made that decision? Tanny? OUT!

These guys are safe in a halfway house that's been decorated with Parcells memorabilia. As soon as we dump Tebow; I'll go get them.

FARKING TEBOW!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    God owes us; farking Tebow. Who really made that decision? Tanny? OUT!

These guys are safe in a halfway house that's been decorated with Parcells memorabilia. As soon as we dump Tebow; I'll go get them.

FARKING TEBOW!!!!
    LOL.

Tebow is a distraction but far from our biggest issue. Tanny has gutted this franchise. For the record I thought it was the height of stupidity a few years back to win a meaningless final game when losing it would have yielded the #3 overall pick. Instead we got Vernon. If the "suck for Luck" campaign has taught us anything it is that losing enough of the right games at the right time can make a difference for years and that blindly giving your all to win every last game is short sighted and stupid in some cases.

No Andy Luck this year unfortunately.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Tebow is a distraction but far from our biggest issue. Tanny has gutted this franchise. For the record I thought it was the height of stupidity a few years back to win a meaningless final game when losing it would have yielded the #3 overall pick. Instead we got Vernon. If the "suck for Luck" campaign has taught us anything it is that losing enough of the right games at the right time can make a difference for years and that blindly giving your all to win every last game is short sighted and stupid in some cases.

Tanny's patented "Big Splash; Nasty Crash" is in full effect; yes, you have been saying so all along. Well done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

I wanted this guy and felt we should try to move up. Living here in New England, he was in the news a lot.
    So we won an extra game that meant absolutely NADA!
    1st Round 3 Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan† QB Boston College ACC

Jets QB issues would have been over for at least 13 years! and we ended up with Vernon Gholston! It's really easy to see how much that set this team back.
    Its not farfetched to say the Jets might have won a Superbowl had they had Ryan for 2009 & 2010 with that running game & defense, with Matty Ice converting 20% more 3rd downs than Mark Sanchez & probably throwing WAY LESS PICKS!
    Last edited by jetster; 11-13-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    My brothers in Seattle and said on a sports show there one of the reporters said today that when Carroll was watching film on the Jets offense he felt Sanchez was being robbed of good play cause he has less time than most of the QB's they've faced, more drops, and told one guy in the film room for their inside show "their receivers get no separation, we haven't played a team with receivers this bad since I've been here"

So the REAL reason Caroll feels bad for Sanchez is cause upon watching film he seen that Sanchez has nothing around him. I think Carroll knows if that was the case his rookie QB would be TOAST. Think about it ... his rookie QB has some super fast receivers, Lynch in the backfield, and a athletic O line. I think its safe to say the REAL issue here is people notice was Sanchez has around him when our own front office doesn't have a clue.

You are 100% Correct!!!

But according to some Carrol (who actually watches game film and knows more about dissecting team play than all of us combined) is some kind of moron after coaching in the NFL as a HC of mutiple teams and winning National championships in college and can't be correct!!!!

Why the Jet posters say they know more about professional football than professionals around the league....

Think of it this way no team yet has faced us has said putting, (Sanchez aside), that the Jets are some talented offensive team.

Indeed I had one poster call me a moran for disagreeing with his statement that the current Jets roster has the best talent around the QB of any Jets team in over 40 years!!! See Rex Ryan and Tannyboy feed this garbage out and some of us just can't wait to eat it up... Adrien Clarke anyone....

Objectively speaking anyone with eyes can see that the persoanl around Saanchez is awful but fans say but if we only had Brady.... Like that is some kind of insight.

Like if we only had one of the best QBs to play in the NFL over the last 50 years we wouldn't be better... Of course we would but that doesn't answer the real question of why the Jets Brass took this tack

It is maddening and a disgrace because multiple posters all said it was a DUMB strategy from the get go!!!

I can't type anymore it is sickening..

Good Grief!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is a non-issue. He wasn't brought here to challenge El Gringo. Running an occasional wildcat doesn't damage Sanchez' psyche. His own play did that long before. Too much is made of Tebow.