Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks' Carroll feels bad for Sanchez, says Tebow 'disruptive'

Seahawks' Carroll feels bad for Sanchez, says Tebow 'disruptive'

Raed the last two paragraphs......too much

Seahawks' Carroll feels bad for Sanchez, says Tebow 'disruptive'
    By BRIAN COSTELLO
    Posted: 4:31 PM, November 12, 2012

Now, the Jets are getting pity.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he feels bad for Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez, his former pupil at USC. Carroll, appearing on 710 ESPN Seattle, said Tim Tebow is a "distraction."

"I think he's in a very difficult situation," Carroll said. "The whole emphasis of the two quarterback thing is really hard. You saw it yesterday. It didn't get much for them. It's got to be a little bit disruptive. I feel for him."

Carroll had nice things to say about Tebow as a player and said he thinks the Jets are doing the "right things" with how they're using Tebow. But he believes it has caused the fans to be harder on Sanchez than they normally would be.

"It's just a distraction," Carroll said. "It's mixed signals that go out. Their fans are torn up. If they didn't have a situation like this, they wouldn't be hooting and hollering probably the way they do at him, so it wouldn't be as difficult. That's just part of it. I do feel for Mark and anybody that would be in that situation."

Carroll and Sanchez remain close after spending four years together at USC. Even though Carroll criticized Sanchez's decision to leave school early for the NFL, the two have remained friends.

Getty Images

Carroll said he and Sanchez spoke on the field before Sunday's 28-7 Seahawks win. Carroll said Sanchez has a good attitude about Tebow's presence, but it's clearly a sticky situation.

"This whole factor has been really hard on him," Carroll said. "I'm sure that it's been confusing to their fans. That part at home has got to be hard. I don't know this because I haven't seen a game there but I think they're hard on him at the stadium, too. So, it's as hard as it can get."

Tebow played eight plays in the game against the Seahawks, throwing three passes.

The Seahawks coach also had some interesting things to say about the Jets defense. Asked about the Jets' early success stopping the Seahawks running game, Carroll said the Jets were so slow getting off the ball that it messed up Seattle's zone blocking scheme.

"They weren't coming off the ball well. We were, so we were out ahead of them," Carroll said. "I thought maybe they were doing it collectively. It was really them not playing great technique up front."

Read more: Seahawks' Carroll feels bad for Sanchez, says Tebow 'disruptive' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz2C3llpfmH

Hall Of Fame
    Carroll is 100% correct. But this goes to show you how other coaches do not respect Rex. This is a coaching no-no. Carroll needs to coach his own team and mind his own business. But Rex has been guilty of doing the same thing (Norve Turner), so he gets what he deserves.

That's BS lol... We had a pretty solid first half of run D... You don't have players in their backfield because the D was 'slow off the ball'...

All Pro
    Who cares what the ahole who fell for the fake spike and crapped all over Sanchez beforfe he played a down in the NFL has to say.

Talk about distractions he makes a big FA QB signing then picks and starts a rookie over the guy they just spent millions on to be the #1 guy.

All Pro
    I feel sorry for Jet fans. our team is disruptive. My whole week is shot.

How dare anyone imply that Tebow has rattled Mark. Sanchez is so far from "hitting a stride" that it's not even a conversation.

Carroll is such a boob.

Sanchez sucks and Tebow should be starting (yes even though he is not good) so that would be a distraction all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Carroll is such a boob.
    Massive flakey douche.

The only right call he has ever made was that Sanchez should've stayed at USC for one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Carroll is 100% correct. But this goes to show you how other coaches do not respect Rex. This is a coaching no-no. Carroll needs to coach his own team and mind his own business. But Rex has been guilty of doing the same thing (Norve Turner), so he gets what he deserves.
    Agreed, that statement was all about digging at Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is by far the worst thing that is coming out of this.....

That players are actually running form Rex and his side show!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Who cares what the ahole who fell for the fake spike and crapped all over Sanchez beforfe he played a down in the NFL has to say.

Talk about distractions he makes a big FA QB signing then picks and starts a rookie over the guy they just spent millions on to be the #1 guy.
    I actually respect him for starting the rookie. He brought in a FA, who was outplayed by a rookie, and he sat the guy with the big contract. He actually stuck to "best players play"

Sooo..........Coach Carroll..........You lookin for a 3rd qb???

Even Pete Carroll knows Tebow is a distraction. Been saying this for months. The only ones that dont seem to think Tebow is a distraction are the few posters who are blind homers and Tebow fans
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-12-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks Pete for backing up my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sanchez sucks and Tebow should be starting (yes even though he is not good) so that would be a distraction all right.
    With our offense we need a miracle worker and Tebow did wonders in Denver. This team is going no where with Sanchez, might as well let him stay healthy and save him for next year. Hopefully we'll invest in the offense this off season and a competent backup for Sanchez. We can't expect much out of Sanchez this year. This offense is absolute crap, Johnny Unitas couldn't do anything with it.

We blamed everything on Schotty and Callahan last year and thought that Sparano was going to change things. In reality he's worse than Schotty and we never addressed the real issue that 90 percent of our starters, shouldn't be. This reeks of Tannenbaum not wanting to blame himself for the team he put together. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    With our offense we need a miracle worker and Tebow did wonders in Denver. This team is going no where with Sanchez, might as well let him stay healthy and save him for next year. Hopefully we'll invest in the offense this off season and a competent backup for Sanchez. We can't expect much out of Sanchez this year. This offense is absolute crap, Johnny Unitas couldn't do anything with it.

We blamed everything on Schotty and Callahan last year and thought that Sparano was going to change things. In reality he's worse than Schotty and we never addressed the real issue that 90 percent of our starters, shouldn't be. This reeks of Tannenbaum not wanting to blame himself for the team he put together. Pathetic.
    Where's the blame towards Rex who wanted Sparano as his OC? And how Pete was stating how poor the Jets technique was

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I feel sorry for Jet fans. our team is disruptive. My whole week is shot.

How dare anyone imply that Tebow has rattled Mark. Sanchez is so far from "hitting a stride" that it's not even a conversation.
    Everyone has a diff reason why Sanchez sucks. Same story. Diff day

All Pro
    I know the QB position is hard. But is it so hard that in any given year NFL teams only seem to manage about 15 or so individuals that play the position so so or better? Seems to me more of a failure of coaching.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    John Schneider made the FA signing. Carroll went with the guy who performed best in camp.

Carroll is also 100% correct. The Jets proved they cannot evaluate talent, or secure talent. Joe Namath also said the same thing.

Last off season, we all knew there were holes to fill on the roster, and Tannenbaum FAILED to fill the holes.

We dont have a beast type running back, we dont have any quality Wide outs. We dont have a good receiving tight end. Our offensive line is undisciplined and gets penalties all the time.

We have a team that does a lot of dumb things.

Last year, the QB struggled, and they kept the same QB coach.

This team is starting to resemble the Kotite Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I know the QB position is hard. But is it so hard that in any given year NFL teams only seem to manage about 15 or so individuals that play the position so so or better? Seems to me more of a failure of coaching.
    It's a failure of coaching to an extent, but in reality it's a failure of Sanchez. The player has got to get better, and eliminate mistakes. He's regressed, and in a key leadership position.

Carroll took a shot at the Jets and Ryan for sure. Truth is he got the shaft here, and he's got a chip on his shoulder. Who can blame him? If he didn't, he wouldn't be as successful as he's been.

He's learned the lesson that results matter, as does accountability. Something Rex and this org doesn't grasp at all.