Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just want to know - how come nothing's changing? Week 2-10. Nothing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Our head coach sucks.

Our roster sucks.

I'm sorry.

SAR I
    No.

The defense has some good rocks in place, and they also have some extra weight to ditch in the offseason.

Kept the team in the game this past week until the half......

WAIT. Thats not good enough for Mark. If the slouchy shouldered midget would show some GD emotion out there EVER, he may serve as an inspiration to his teammates.

The defense is good, and should improve in the near future.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big Rex Ryan fan but his fatal flaw has been exposed. His loyalness to his players and inability to bench people are going to get him fired (Sanchez).

Fear is so much stronger then love. These players don't fear losing their jobs. He gives them compliments.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    I'm a big Rex Ryan fan but his fatal flaw has been exposed. His loyalness to his players and inability to bench people are going to get him fired (Sanchez).

Fear is so much stronger then love. These players don't fear losing their jobs. He gives them compliments.
    Pretty much. I thought Rex was awesome. I liked the attitude. I liked the claims we would win the Superbowl even when we didn't. I liked the candor with the media. I don't like the fact he refuses to bench players who suck. I'm ready to get rid of him at this point, and it sucks since up until 2-3 weeks ago i thought he was the best thing that had happened to the jets in a long time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    I generally agree with this. Even in the SF game where we were totally "dominated" we were only down 10-0 at half and even 17-0 going into the third. Sunday it was 14-7 going into the 4th quarter. It was 13-10 at half of the Pittsburgh game, 10-7 at half vs. Houston.

We're getting blown out but we're not losing these games by two or three touchdowns because of the defense. We are because the offense is so putrid that they can't stay on the field. 3 and out, after 3 and out, the defense eventually wears down, even if they do still have any motivation left.
    Time of possession from Sunday - SEA 36:11 NYJ 23:49

That's over 12 minutes - 20% of the game - more for Seattle. I'm surprised they only hung 28 on us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    I generally agree with this. Even in the SF game where we were totally "dominated" we were only down 10-0 at half and even 17-0 going into the third. Sunday it was 14-7 going into the 4th quarter. It was 13-10 at half of the Pittsburgh game, 10-7 at half vs. Houston.

We're getting blown out but we're not losing these games by two or three touchdowns because of the defense. We are because the offense is so putrid that they can't stay on the field. 3 and out, after 3 and out, the defense eventually wears down, even if they do still have any motivation left.
    Agreed....we were in the game into the 4th quarter with NO OFFENSE.

looked like the PITT 2005 playoff game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't get it. How come this franchise hasn't done anything to adjust to this season's strengths (if any) and weaknesses?

Why is the same gameplan and approach being implemented week after week?

Why am I not seeing our defense try different things.

why am I not seeing different personel on offense?

Honestly? There must be a reason.

Because Rex and the entire group of coaching morons do not know how to coach, evaluate or use talent, but Rex used to make great comments.