Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just want to know - how come nothing's changing? Week 2-10. Nothing

All Pro

I just want to know - how come nothing's changing? Week 2-10. Nothing

I don't get it. How come this franchise hasn't done anything to adjust to this season's strengths (if any) and weaknesses?

Why is the same gameplan and approach being implemented week after week?

Why am I not seeing our defense try different things.

why am I not seeing different personel on offense?

Honestly? There must be a reason.

Because our team is very very stupid and totally have painted themselves into corners with every major decision they have made. Not yanking Sanchez at the bye week has doomed this team and though people will point at Sanchez as a 'coach killer' in reality it is the coaches and GM's own fault for not having the guts to make a switch.

Jets Insider VIP
    The don't do it at halftime either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tanny signed mark to an extension so rex cant bench him.

We ran a corner blitz yesterday. I couldnt believe it. Thats the most innovative we have been all year on d.

Defense doesn't need to change whatsoever. The defense is great. It's the offense that is beyond terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

We ran a corner blitz yesterday. I couldnt believe it. Thats the most innovative we have been all year on d.
    Yup, I was about to expound re the QB. The Jets famed capologist has painted the jets into a corner in that due to cost we will be keeping sanchez all through next year. They are vainly clinging to the notion that something will click because having a 15 million dollar back up next year will look bad.

Tebow or McElroy should be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Defense doesn't need to change whatsoever. The defense is great. It's the offense that is beyond terrible.
    Other than the fact we need about 3 new players. Pace, Scott and Thomas are so done it isn't even funny.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The defense is average, maybe slightly above average. It is definitely not "great"

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The defense is average, maybe slightly above average. It is definitely not "great"
    The defense dominated for most of the game yesterday. Not only did they hold the other team to a low amount of points for most of the game, but they actually put up points on the board.

Any team with a somewhat competent offense wins that game yesterday.

The only reason they got up to 28 points was because - just like every other "blowout" - the defense keeps us in the game until it finally realizes that the offense is never going to come through on their end of the bargain, so they mail it in. Happens every time. The defense plays lights out for three quarters, just waiting for the offense to do something. Finally when the game starts to near the end it becomes apparent that the offense isn't going to do anything after all, and so the defense loses its steam. Who could blame them?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The defense dominated for most of the game yesterday. Not only did they hold the other team to a low amount of points for most of the game, but they actually put up points on the board.

The only reason they got up to 28 points was because - just like every other "blowout" - the defense keeps us in the game until it finally realizes that the offense is never going to come through on their end of the bargain, so they mail it in. Happens every time. The defense plays lights out for three quarters, just waiting for the offense to do something. Finally when the game starts to near the end it becomes apparent that the offense isn't going to do anything after all, and so the defense loses its steam. Who could blame them?
    I don't disagree with you. The offense is criminally bad. The QB is lost. The talent around him is subpar and the coaching staff does not know what they are doing.

The defense only looks 'great' in comparison to the train wreck it is associated with...

Insanity, thy name is New York Jets.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Surprising stat. Jets rank #27 in offense and #29 in defense. Hard to fathom, but statistically the Jets, thus far have more issues on D!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Surprising stat. Jets rank #27 in offense and #29 in defense. Hard to fathom, but statistically the Jets, thus far have more issues on D!
    Defense giving up in the 4th quarter is probably skewing that somewhat

nothing changes cause the coaches are clueless.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yup, I was about to expound re the QB. The Jets famed capologist has painted the jets into a corner in that due to cost we will be keeping sanchez all through next year. They are vainly clinging to the notion that something will click because having a 15 million dollar back up next year will look bad.

Tebow or McElroy should be starting.
    Unless that click comes from Sanchez' knee, ankle, or shoulder socket, this team is unbelievably going to stick with this twirp through the entire season, and most likely into next.

Not a good time to be a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

You don't think he ran that by the HC to make sure he was OK with it? Wake up

The defense has been below average this year. They were great against the Colts, good against the Dolphins, and fought like hell against the Patriots

Seattle's offense is terrible. They score less than 20 per game and have scored fewer than 17 points in 5 of their 10 games.

Hall Of Fame
    Because we suck. Players, coaches, FO.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't get it. How come this franchise hasn't done anything to adjust to this season's strengths (if any) and weaknesses?

Why is the same gameplan and approach being implemented week after week?

Why am I not seeing our defense try different things.

why am I not seeing different personel on offense?

Honestly? There must be a reason.
    Our head coach sucks.

Our roster sucks.

I'm sorry.

SAR I

I generally agree with this. Even in the SF game where we were totally "dominated" we were only down 10-0 at half and even 17-0 going into the third. Sunday it was 14-7 going into the 4th quarter. It was 13-10 at half of the Pittsburgh game, 10-7 at half vs. Houston.

We're getting blown out but we're not losing these games by two or three touchdowns because of the defense. We are because the offense is so putrid that they can't stay on the field. 3 and out, after 3 and out, the defense eventually wears down, even if they do still have any motivation left.