Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Force Woody's Hand: Parcells for EVP, Ops

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Force Woody's Hand: Parcells for EVP, Ops

Okay, it's highly unlikely Parcells would take it, BUT....

To make a statement, let's start a movement as fans and season ticket holders DEMANDING Bill Parcells be offered (notice I said offered) the Job of EVP Football Operations.
    Here's why I think the idea is good substantively:

- Obviously, he's a great football mind and if anyone can get us back in playoff contention in one year its him

- He could work with the current staff. And although we're all POed at them, it's probably better for the org to keep the staff in place with a stronger leadership presence than start all over again.

- He would relegate Mr.T to a capologist which is what he is good at. Parcells respects him in that role. But in this situation, Parcells would be buying the "groceries."

- Without doubt, I think Parcells would give a strong direction to Rex, Sporano and Pettine and he would recognize that the core personell of the defense is pretty good

- Parcells has never been one to coddle QBs, even Sims. He would either come to the conclusion that Sanchez is a goner, relegate him to the bench and/or find someone else. There'd be no favortism...i.e. "You are what you are."

Okay, so in the real world, Parcells probably wouldn't be interested. But Woody as an owner is a joke and if we create a coalition to force his hand in this direction maybe it will send a message. Maybe we ought to consider all walking out en masse at halftime at a home game if they are sucking as they are now in protest, pledging only to come back if he at least OFFERS the job to Parcells.

I really don't want to hear comments that Bill won't take the job. I know he probably won't. But wouldn't it be cool if we could put pressure on Woody to at least offer it to him. Whaddaya think?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parcells is a great coach, not so good at gm. would to see him back on the sidelines. never happen.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can say that, but he's a better leader than what we got (Woody) and we would put everyone else (Tanny, Rex, Sporano, Mark) in their place. It would be fun watching at the very least

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parcells is a dinosaur. The game has passed him by.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that's what you think, fine. I happen to disagree. What would you suggest?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    You can say that, but he's a better leader than what we got (Woody) and we would put everyone else a(Tanny, Rex, Sporano, Mark) in their place. It would be fun watching at the very least
    If Parcells took over:
    Tanny would be go back to being a capologist.

Rex would be gone.

Sparano would be the head coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    nonsense

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, no.

Hiring Bill Parcells is like hiring out Beetlejuice. You're so desperate and you know he can do anything, but he always ends up screwing you in the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For our health, I suggest we find a new team. But I became a fan under Kotite so this so there is no helping me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least you admit it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hire Andy Reid and fire our entire player development staff... I swear to Christ Kerley must be the smartest ****ing WR ever because he clearly had no help getting to where he is...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parcells would bring Mangini back in some capacity. D Coor or HC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Not only that, he has always been terrible in the drafting/GM department.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would actually rather watch 3 more years of Rex/Sanchez than bring Bill Parcells back to the Jets in ANY capacity whatsoever.

A Parcells re-hire would signal that the Jets still aren't serious about planning for the future. If you are, you don't hire a guy his age and expect him to deliver.

The Jets need to find a smart young football talent for HC or GM, and get him a real QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn212 View Post
    Parcells would bring Mangini back in some capacity. D Coor or HC.
    I honestly think Mangini would make a great GM/EVP. The Jets drafts when he was HC were among the best in franchise history. He knows how to find talent and build a team.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a lil rough, but true. Didn't he have 2 SB's with the Giants he didn't or doesn't need the Jets or anybody else.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Dick Vermeil was out of the game for over 20 years and came back to win a Super Bowl.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would hire a young assistant GM from one of the well run franchises: Steelers, Giants, etc.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    I would actually rather watch 3 more years of Rex/Sanchez than bring Bill Parcells back to the Jets in ANY capacity whatsoever.

A Parcells re-hire would signal that the Jets still aren't serious about planning for the future. If you are, you don't hire a guy his age and expect him to deliver.

The Jets need to find a smart young football talent for HC or GM, and get him a real QB
    Disagree. The Jets have been looking for smart, young talent and that search has brought us Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh.....What the Jets need are PROVEN football men. Experienced coaches. A GM who knows and to draft and field winning teams. I am more than a little tired of taking chances on guys who seem to be good at their coordinator position but cannot make the transition to HC. Same goes for GM. I want a guy who has at least a decent drafting history, not a glorified accountant who thinks he knows something about football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    If Parcells took over:
    Tanny would be go back to being a capologist.

Rex would be gone.

Sparano would be the head coach.
    While that could be a possibility, I highly doubt that would happen IF Parcells were to become EVP of FO.

Parcells recommended Rex as HC when Woody/Tannenbaum reached out to him for his opinion. Rex has also had much more success as a HC and Coordinator than Sparano, and has done so with a glaring weakness at the most important position, also doing so in a much more demanding, pressure packed market.

I would sign up for Parcells running the show with Rex given atleast one more season. Sparano has to be demoted to OLine Coach at the very least and we need to bring in someone to legitimately compete with Sanchez for the starting spot as well.

Sent from my LG-P999