Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Force Woody's Hand: Parcells for EVP, Ops

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBoydOdegard View Post
    F Parcells.....the guy bailed on us once after he maxxed out the cap. His mantra was always "It's a 4 year plan"......yet he retired from coaching after 3. Stay retired Tuna!
    I would give just about anything for Norwood to have made that chip shot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    just say no to parcells. he's just a carperbagger and doesn't stay around long enough to take responsibility for the garbage he pulls. if the jets need to change front office personnel they should go to some of the proven winning teams like the steelers or ravens or the packers and get some of their guys. stay away from the patsies because those guys are damaged by the bellichicken.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

I bet BP wouldn't even be in the HOF if it hadn't been for Norwood pulling a Nate Kaeding there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That "chip shot" was 47 yards, with the SB on the line, when his team was heavy favorites.

Parcells had his backup QB, facing a heavy favorite, and did a masterful coaching job to win that SB. The Giants held the ball over 40 of the 60 mins, a SB record. They had a great game plan and more importantly EXECUTED the plan.

Parcells earned that SB. F a missed LONG FG. That SB was more than 1 play, and the Giants earned that win, beating the favorite with there backup QB.

I hate the Giants, but that doesnt mean I can change reality to make me feel better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I bet BP wouldn't even be in the HOF if it hadn't been for Norwood pulling a Nate Kaeding there.
    He isnt in the HOF.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    He isnt in the HOF.
    Well don't I feel dumb.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Parcells is only an 80 million times better evaluator of talent than Tannydumb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    That "chip shot" was 47 yards, with the SB on the line, when his team was heavy favorites.

Parcells had his backup QB, facing a heavy favorite, and did a masterful coaching job to win that SB. The Giants held the ball over 40 of the 60 mins, a SB record. They had a great game plan and more importantly EXECUTED the plan.

Parcells earned that SB. F a missed LONG FG. That SB was more than 1 play, and the Giants earned that win, beating the favorite with there backup QB.

I hate the Giants, but that doesnt mean I can change reality to make me feel better.
    Bottom line: Norwood makes that kick, Giants and Parcells lose.

You want to give Norwood a pass, fine. I don't. I'll even concede that "chip shot" was an exaggeration.

But especially with the Super Bowl on the line, you make that kick; become a legend. In that same pressure spot, Vinatieri trots out eating a sandwich and boots it home with his left foot. And Parcells and the Giants are the ones going home as busts.