Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anybody hear Joe on Michael Kay last night?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yes, be a good soldier. Do as your are told and never rock the boat. Do as your are told. Don't have a mind of your own. Be like Rah Rah.
    You're missing my point...I don't have a problem with what he said yesterday, just sometimes in the past I thought his criticisms were counter productive to the team, I don't know if you remember, but he was even hard on them in 2010 during our 11-5 season and strong playoff run. He was belittling and criticizing every thing about the team leading up to the playoff wins over Indy and over NE, he didn't think we had a chance in either game, and then he didn't acknowledge all his BS after we beat NE. I just get a little tired of him always criticizing, especially before the season even starts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone listened to it, Joe actually DEFENDS Mark Sanchez!

That's like.....TABOO around here now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    You're missing my point...I don't have a problem with what he said yesterday, just sometimes in the past I thought his criticisms were counter productive to the team, I don't know if you remember, but he was even hard on them in 2010 during our 11-5 season and strong playoff run. He was belittling and criticizing every thing about the team leading up to the playoff wins over Indy and over NE, he didn't think we had a chance in either game, and then he didn't acknowledge all his BS after we beat NE. I just get a little tired of him always criticizing, especially before the season even starts.
    Give me a break. Nobody thought we had a chance in either game. If that is you knock on Joe then you're nit picking. Joe tells it like it is and he's right most of the time. He's a fan and he loves the team. It's not counter productive to calling a spade a spade is it?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If anyone listened to it, Joe actually DEFENDS Mark Sanchez!

That's like.....TABOO around here now.
    I listened to the interview and I thought he was simply agreeing that SM gave us best chance to win. I didn't think he went out of his way to defend him. As a matter of fact towards the end he started talking about his fellow Alabaman McElroy and how he thought he was going to be a pretty good NFL player when give a chance. (reading between the lines anyone?)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    You know, around here we will always have those who just can't handle the truth, and the truth is Joe Namath is the greatest NY Jet of all time. Joe's problem is he cares more than the pklayers and coaches do, just like us fans, he cares deeply for his ex team, and is completely disgusted at what is going on with this team right now.

Funny thing is, if Joe did not care and said nothing, these same detractors here would say something to the effect of "Where is Joe Namath when we are struggling, he only comes around when we win".
    I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I listened to the interview and I thought he was simply agreeing that SM gave us best chance to win. I didn't think he went out of his way to defend him. As a matter of fact towards the end he started talking about his fellow Alabaman McElroy and how he thought he was going to be a pretty good NFL player when give a chance. (reading between the lines anyone?)
    Yep. But you KNOW that Greg won't ever get a chance here.

He was signed just because the Rex had to fill in the 3rd QB spot with something.

What a waste.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Namath is a Jet for life. He hates to see them fail.

There are dweebs who think he doesn't want the team to succeed again without him, but that's plain childish.