Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anybody hear Joe on Michael Kay last night?

Did anybody hear Joe on Michael Kay last night?

Wasn't able to hear it. What did he say? Did he go crazy?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Joe Willy: Everything I've ever said last year about Rex and the Jets was right. [drops mic, walks off stage]

Jets Insider VIP
    Joe Willy: Everything I've ever said last year about Rex and the Jets was right. [drops mic, walks off stage]
    HAHHAHHHAHAHAHA. and people were casting stones at the biggest legend n franchise history. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Whatever it was, you can bet it was deeply insightful and right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    HAHHAHHHAHAHAHA. and people were casting stones at the biggest legend n franchise history. They should be ashamed of themselves.
    The point to me wasnt that he might or not be be right, it was that u should treat the organization you played with and worked for like your family, dont publicly bash them. Everyone else is doing enough of that, why pile on? It affects the team when even their own former players are killing them, if u disagree with what theyre doing, talk with them behind closed doors and support them publicly. Thats just my personal opinion, when Joe was playing he would have hated it being done to him by former teamates. But whatever, at this point it doesnt matter anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    The point to me wasnt that he might or not be be right, it was that u should treat the organization you played with and worked for like your family, dont publicly bash them. Everyone else is doing enough of that, why pile on? It affects the team when even their own former players are killing them, if u disagree with what theyre doing, talk with them behind closed doors and support them publicly. Thats just my personal opinion, when Joe was playing he would have hated it being done to him by former teamates. But whatever, at this point it doesnt matter anymore...
    Too many people sticking their heads in the sand is the precise reason this organization is so dysfunctional. Joe told the truth as he saw it and it was the best thing he could have done for the Jets. Too bad nobody bothered to lilsten.
    Last edited by BroadwayRay; 11-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    Too many people sticking their heads in the sane is the precise reason this organization is so dysfunctional. Joe told the truth as he saw it and it was the best thing he could have done for the Jets. Too bad nobody bothered to lilsten.
    At this point, I cant argue

I listened to Joe last night on the Michael Kay show and I believe you can go to ESPN and hear it for yourself. Joe was spot on in his assessment of the Jets. Joe said he is now a Jets fan and he is not employed by the Jets and his views are that of a fan and his experience as a football player. I don't know why a lot of people on this board get mad at him for speaking out. Joe has always been a stand up guy and given us his honest opinions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    Too many people sticking their heads in the sand is the precise reason this organization is so dysfunctional. Joe told the truth as he saw it and it was the best thing he could have done for the Jets. Too bad nobody bothered to lilsten.
    Exactly this!!!

And it did matter when Joe was saying things that could help what does Woody do isolate Joe and the Jets organization does the exact opposite of what Joe suggested and now we have a shot QB, poor OL, poor WRs, and a poor defense and people still act like Joe's talking was a probllem or caused poor route running, dropped pass or lost games!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I listened to Joe last night on the Michael Kay show and I believe you can go to ESPN and hear it for yourself. Joe was spot on in his assessment of the Jets. Joe said he is now a Jets fan and he is not employed by the Jets and his views are that of a fan and his experience as a football player. I don't know why a lot of people on this board get mad at him for speaking out. Joe has always been a stand up guy and given us his honest opinions.
    You know, around here we will always have those who just can't handle the truth, and the truth is Joe Namath is the greatest NY Jet of all time. Joe's problem is he cares more than the pklayers and coaches do, just like us fans, he cares deeply for his ex team, and is completely disgusted at what is going on with this team right now.

Funny thing is, if Joe did not care and said nothing, these same detractors here would say something to the effect of "Where is Joe Namath when we are struggling, he only comes around when we win".

I'm glad Namath speaks out. He voices the opinion of a lot of frustrated fans. I'm sure Woody knows what he says and hell, you can be sure that Namath can pick up phone and call woody to complain about this terrible team.

Veteran
    No one should be ashamed, Joe has no governor, only without the alcohol. Joe picks a point when the team or a player is on the verge of going one way or the other and completely tears them down. Now is the time to speak, not in the beginning of the season or when Sanchez needs a lift. Joe carries allot of water when it comes to the Jets and just seems to stick the needle in when maybe he should just bite his tongue and play for the team and use his status for good, lift players spirits, not stamp on them. Love Joe, he just needs to learn what and when to say it. we knew it, just did not need to say it then.

To add, do not hand me “the reporters all say negative stuff”, the reporters are nobodies idol, they are not the face of the team.

Veteran
    I liked when Kay asked about the bomb a few weeks ago when Hill was wide open and Sanchez underthrew him by 10 yards, Kay asked Joe what he would have done and Joe said I would have stuck it right in his chest and we would have won!

Joe seems to sound a bit punch-drunk these days. Sometimes his predictions are right, but a lot of what he says makes little sense logically. He doesn't seem able to verbalize his thoughts very well. I think old age and too much booze over the years have severely diminished his cognitive processes. I rarely find anything he says to be insightful.

And Namath is saying to stay with Sanchez which I'm sure you agree with?

That one suggestion clearly proves insanity.

Hall Of Fame
    The current ownership and front office are merely current custodians of the New York Jets organization and I think Joe has the right to be able to express himself if he feels like those two are doing a poor custodial job.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The current ownership and front office are merely current custodians of the New York Jets organization and I think Joe has the right to be able to express himself if he feels like those two are doing a poor custodial job.
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    No one should be ashamed, Joe has no governor, only without the alcohol. Joe picks a point when the team or a player is on the verge of going one way or the other and completely tears them down. Now is the time to speak, not in the beginning of the season or when Sanchez needs a lift. Joe carries allot of water when it comes to the Jets and just seems to stick the needle in when maybe he should just bite his tongue and play for the team and use his status for good, lift players spirits, not stamp on them. Love Joe, he just needs to learn what and when to say it. we knew it, just did not need to say it then.

To add, do not hand me “the reporters all say negative stuff”, the reporters are nobodies idol, they are not the face of the team.
    +1 That's exactly what I meant with my earlier post

Yes, be a good soldier. Do as your are told and never rock the boat. Do as your are told. Don't have a mind of your own. Be like Rah Rah.